* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:53 am 

VargTheViking wrote:
Norrmania wrote:

There aren't many left around Toronto. There used to be some good used shops but many shut down.

Right now your best bet is Sonic Boom located a few doors east of Bloor & Bathurst on the north side. To get there by public transit get off at Bathurst station, walk to Bloor (5 seconds away literally) and turn left/east. It sells both new and used cds as well as t-shirts and vinyl.

Other than that there is the HMV superstore just north of Yonge & Dundas. Getting there via public transit: get off at Dundas station and go a few seconds north on east side of yonge.

There also used to be a cool basement metal t-shirt/patch shop a few doors down from there, but I'm not sure if it's still open since there was a bunch of crazy shit going on over there for the last few months. A building caught fire at one point then some time later the face of either the same building or another collapsed and I haven't been over to check out the shop since then, so no idea what's going on with it.

Thanks, I've also heard about a store called Catacombs in Kitchener. Someone else said to check out cd/dvd/game used store called The Beat Goes On.

I wouldn't know about good cd shops in Kitchener/Waterloo, since I've never been cd shopping there. The Beat Goes On doesn't have any branches in Toronto as far as I know. It all depends on whether you're looking for cd shops in Toronto/the GTA or in other outlying cities. Are you visiting Toronto/GTA or Kitchener/Waterloo area? It's been a while since I've been over that way, but if I remember right it takes about an hour, maybe a bit more by bus between downtown Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo.

RachelAn3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:29 am 

List any Metal Stores in Trinidad & Tobago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_and_Tobago

AndySlayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:54 pm 

Yeah, I'd like to bump the request for metal shops in Berlin, or any other stores that stock a good amount of metal, basically.

~Guest 210817
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:17 pm 

I'm moving to Portland OR in about 5 months. Anyone know a good place?

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:55 pm 

AndySlayer wrote:
Yeah, I'd like to bump the request for metal shops in Berlin, or any other stores that stock a good amount of metal, basically.

This should be a very good one:

METAL AND HELL STORE
Grünberger Strasse 4
10243 Berlin - Friedrichshain

Monday to Friday: 10:00 a.m - 08:00 p.m
Saturday : 11:00 a.m - 04:00 p.m

I think this shop is from the same guy behind the label Iron Bonehead. Haven't been there, so I can't comment personally.

SinnerMarie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:47 pm 

There's no metal shops in my city and country, too :(
help us :D
btw I'm from Tbilisi, Georgia.

~Guest 220079
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:46 am 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
For sure NO metal shops where I am (in dekalb IL), but i fugure they're have to be some in chicago, so who knows any good shops in chicago? I need to make an epic pilgramage.

With the very unfortunate closing of Metal Haven last year a big blow was struck to metal heads in the area. A true bummer. There's a couple places I go to every now and then with Reckless Records (3 locations in Chicago - 1 downtown, one in Lakeview and the other in Wicker Park) being the most frequent. It's known mostly as an indie/hipster place and you do get that vibe but they do have their own metal section with some pretty obscure stuff in there. They also stock a lot of LPs. And they're also very good about ordering stuff very promptly at prices that aren't exorbitant. Another spot is Rolling Stone Records in west Chicago - it's on Irving Park and right next to the intersection of Harlem and Irving Park - but they mostly carry the classic stuff (Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, etc.) though at very reasonable prices. They will also carry some of the new stuff as well but if you're looking for black metal or some kind of specific niche then you'll be disappointed. There's a smaller place a couple of storefronts down from Rolling Stone (I don't remember the name) and they do carry some black metal and a lot of t-shirts. They're both cool stores to browse through.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 am 

blackdiamond74 wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
For sure NO metal shops where I am (in dekalb IL), but i fugure they're have to be some in chicago, so who knows any good shops in chicago? I need to make an epic pilgramage.

With the very unfortunate closing of Metal Haven last year a big blow was struck to metal heads in the area. A true bummer. There's a couple places I go to every now and then with Reckless Records (3 locations in Chicago - 1 downtown, one in Lakeview and the other in Wicker Park) being the most frequent. It's known mostly as an indie/hipster place and you do get that vibe but they do have their own metal section with some pretty obscure stuff in there. They also stock a lot of LPs. And they're also very good about ordering stuff very promptly at prices that aren't exorbitant. Another spot is Rolling Stone Records in west Chicago - it's on Irving Park and right next to the intersection of Harlem and Irving Park - but they mostly carry the classic stuff (Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, etc.) though at very reasonable prices. They will also carry some of the new stuff as well but if you're looking for black metal or some kind of specific niche then you'll be disappointed. There's a smaller place a couple of storefronts down from Rolling Stone (I don't remember the name) and they do carry some black metal and a lot of t-shirts. They're both cool stores to browse through.

Awesome, I will check these places out. I've acually been to Reckles Records before, but that was a very long time ago (pre metal)

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

matrixmetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 am 

The Silver Platters at Northgate in Seattle has finally sorted their shit into a proper metal section HAIL! :hail: Record stores are getting few and far between. If you find a good one in your area they might need your support.

Yazd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:34 pm 

Hey, does anyone know of any metal shops in Charlotte, NC or Scranton, PA? A place with a good selection of black metal preferably.

dmal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:54 am 

elf48687789 wrote:
Jebator wrote:
A shop or two in Prague, Czech Republic, anyone, please?

Thanx

There was the store next to Hell's Bells, street Na Belidle, between Andel and the river, I read it has less metal now though. It used to be a "metal" shop.

Also, there was some CD bazar close to Namesti Miru that had some metal.

Maximum Underground near Staromestske Namesti had some metal, but mostly drum & bass and punk. Just found the address with a search: Jilska 22

I haven't been to Prague in years, so my info is not actual.

Actually check this page, it's probably not more actual than what I wrote:
http://www.metaltravelguide.com/mtg/ind ... &Itemid=56

The shop above Hell's Bells is gone, but Hell's Bells is still there.
The CD bazar close to Namesti Miru is still there, but don't be tellin' nobody, okay?

nileppez
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:11 pm 

Didn't read the thread but has Warsaw, Poland been mentioned? I know of two here; one in Millenium Centrum and second somewhere near one of train stations.
If anyone knows exact location of the second or any other ones, share please.

Deh Dabbler
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:22 pm 

Any stores in the Dallas, Texas area?

xdernhelmx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:35 pm 

jtgilmore13 wrote:
I'm moving to Portland OR in about 5 months. Anyone know a good place?

i used to live in pdx. i recommend 2nd avenue records @ 400 Southwest 2nd Avenue, Downtown or for some good hardcore/punk stuff hit up Brickwall records. i think they moved to 704 NE Dekum St from SE but i'm not sure. i used to get some good crust/anarcho punk there. but 2nd ave is great for metal.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:00 pm 

Any good record stores for metal or punk in San Diego? I already know of Lou's (they suck now) Spin (they're records have gotten way too pricey), Blue Meannie ( I think they closed), Inner World, and Taang.

untappd: patrick_g

Zymetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:00 am 

¿Hay algún lugar en Buenos Aires, Argentina?

http://anti-humanismo-patrio.blogspot.com/

Zymetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:03 am 

Zymetal wrote:
¿Hay algún lugar en Buenos Aires, Argentina?

There is any good place in Buenos Aires, Argentina?

http://anti-humanismo-patrio.blogspot.com/

corvus527
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:50 am 

mntwinsfan wrote:
Anything in or around the Twin Cities, Minnesota?

I used to go to Cheapo to find most of my music, but in the last couple of years, it seems that the Metal section gets smaller and smaller.

Sagittarian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:07 am 

New Plymouth, New Zealand. This country is so damned mainstream that i'd be lucky to find a metal store anywhere here. Fuck, it's hard enough trying to buy metal CDs from local websites yet alone find a store that sells the stuff

Magick
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:31 am 

Any in Vancouver,Canada? i only know of Scrape Records

Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:15 pm 

Out of mere curiosity:

Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany.

misogynisticfeminist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:53 am 

I've yet to find anything in Freiburg :(

Darkwolf18
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:39 pm 

Anything in the Albany, NY area?

Ricardo_Vega_666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:31 pm 

Any shop in Berlin, Germany, where I can get the Kreator shirt of At the Pulse of Kapitulation - Live In East Berlin 1990? I will be on Berlin in June, so I can also send an e-mail to the shop so they can get the shirt for me, so, also any shop with that "service" in Berlin?.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:11 pm 

Alrighty, looking for a metal shop in or around Key West, Florida.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Last edited by Gelseth_Andrano on Wed May 11, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antitheist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:58 pm 

corvus527 wrote:
mntwinsfan wrote:
Anything in or around the Twin Cities, Minnesota?

I used to go to Cheapo to find most of my music, but in the last couple of years, it seems that the Metal section gets smaller and smaller.

For those living in Minneapolis, I don't have a physical store, but am happy to meet up somewhere (preferably Uptown) to deliver orders to save on shipping costs/damage.

Doom Phantom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 am 

North Eastern Pennsylvania

Double Decker Records in Allentown- Carries mostly used vinyl and lots of it, turns stuff over very quickly so it depends on when you get there how much metal you will see. Does have a metal section with a nice selection of new and old. Also carries used CDs so occasionly you can luck out and get there when someone has sold off their metal collection. Used CDs are cheap at 2-4 dollars.

Extremities Entertainment- Lancaster. Great Metal store that carries a ton of metal CDs and Dvd used and new. Also has a big metal vinyl section with lots of new titles as well as old stuff.

Naught
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:48 pm 

By any chance, would anyone know of any record stores around Bloomington, Indiana?

Now, if anyone ever visits through Toledo, Ohio, here are a few record stores of significance:

• The first record store that I discovered was Allied Record Exchange, and for the past two years, I've gone to two of the store outlets. The first Allied Record Exchange's address is 1710 South Reynolds Road, Toledo OH and the second is found on 1855 South Reynolds Road, Toledo OH. Both outlets carry a wide variety of music, ranging from jazz, rap and heavy metal. From my experience, the heavy metal catalog is often worthwhile to browse. You will find a lot of releases from more renown bands, such as Sepultura, Sodom, and Bolt Thrower. Occasionally, there are a few obscure albums for sale too.

• If you're into collecting vinyl records, I recommend visiting Culture Clash Records, whose address is 4020 Secor Road, Toledo OH. You can visit their official website here, if you're interested in vintage vinyl records, options for purchasing a turntable and purchasing concert tickets for local bands. I've visited Culture Clash Records a few times, and while they have a bare-bone selection for heavy metal, they do compensate by stocking a myriad of original vinyls from bands such as Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, and Judas Priest. I've bought an original vinyl copy of Judas Priest's Sad Wings of Destiny (1976) and Sin After Sin (1977) from there for relatively affordable prices: $9.99 and $7.99 respectively.

• The last in line is Rama Lama Records, which is found on 3151 West Central Avenue, Toledo OH. In comparison to Allied Record Exchange and Culture Clash Records, Rama Lama Records easily takes the top in terms of music selection, cost, and customer service. Rama Lama Record's music selection is close to one-hundred percent heavy metal, in both vinyl and CDs, including bands such as Desultory, Winter and Sabbat (Japan). Rama Lama Record's catalog ranges from obscure to renown heavy metal bands, as I've purchased Judas Priest's Stained Class (1978) there as well as Winter's Into Darkness (1990). Apart from their impressive CD selection, the second floor of the store holds nothing but vinyl records for those who are intent on searching for vinyl. Additionally, concerts are occasionally hosted on the second floor, as well. If you're ever visiting the city of Toledo, be sure to give Rama Lama Records a gander.

dethbeast666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:13 am 

does any one know a store in UAE preferably Abu Dhabi?

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:29 pm 

marin/sonoma county, or SF, CA

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:55 pm 

Magick wrote:

Pretty well much only Scrape in Vancouver... Which I never shop at since it's overpriced and nothing really stands out to me and takes them forever to order anything in for you. HMV Robson street has some decent stuff sometimes. I usually hit up just about any and every used cd store as well to find gems.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:05 pm 

http://recordcdshow.com/

Has anyone in the central Florida area ever been to one of these CD/Record shows they have in the Orlando area a few times a year? They're usually held at hotels in the area, for one day every 3-4 months. The last one they had just happened late last month, and the next one is scheduled for October.

I've been tempted to go to the last few, but I can't find any other information on the show so I wound up talking myself out of it. Sometimes things like this are a goldmine for rarities and used items for rock/metal, but even more often they're kind of a waste of time and feature mostly older music.

Can anyone shed some light on these shows, and what I can expect from them?

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:03 pm 

AltarsInGore wrote:
Magick wrote:

Pretty well much only Scrape in Vancouver... Which I never shop at since it's overpriced and nothing really stands out to me and takes them forever to order anything in for you. HMV Robson street has some decent stuff sometimes. I usually hit up just about any and every used cd store as well to find gems.

Yeah, Scrape is definitely overpriced. I live in Victoria and we have Black Raven Records which is run by members of Iskra. Specializes in black metal and crust, but has a pretty good selection of all types of extreme metal. The members of Iskra are also nice, funny guys/girls.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm 

Besattblodulv wrote:
Does anybody know any around Virginia Beach Va.?
Skinnie's Records in Norfolk. I go there all the time.

Seul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 pm 

Suffersystem wrote:
marin/sonoma county, or SF, CA

North Bay is a mystery to me.

SF & East Bay: Aquarius is good, but if you judge buys just by their reviews, everything is the best ever. Good store, though, and the staff is knowledgeable.
I just went into Shaxul Records yesterday, hoping for a good Amoeba alternative, but ... whoah. Looked like a garage sale in there. What happened to the inventory? The guy at the counter was nice. It was disappointing because I really liked the atmosphere a lot.
Solid are Rasputin in Berkeley, or either of the Amoebas.

Jesse_Son
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:40 am 

Anybody know good places in Chicago (preferably southside chicago) thanks !

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:39 pm 

Anybody know any metal shops in or around Rotterdam (the netherlands) There was a "sort of" metal shop in gouda but they closed due to not selling anything I guess. No real metalhead community where I live..

fetalfeast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:46 am 

Yazd wrote:
Hey, does anyone know of any metal shops in Charlotte, NC or Scranton, PA? A place with a good selection of black metal preferably.

I can tell you there's not much of anything in Scranton, I spent some time there looking for the same thing.

Where are the metal shops here in Phoenix?

FloristOfVampyrism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:11 pm 

Anyone know if there is any decent stores that carry a good amount of metal in or around Brighton, England at all please?

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm 

Razakel wrote:

Yeah, Scrape is definitely overpriced. I live in Victoria and we have Black Raven Records which is run by members of Iskra. Specializes in black metal and crust, but has a pretty good selection of all types of extreme metal. The members of Iskra are also nice, funny guys/girls.

Nice.. I will have to check that out soon. I am hoping to make a trip to the Island sometime soon this summer, it's been far too long since I have been there and have never been to Ross Bay Cemetery!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 35  Next