Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 pm 

It is not letting me change my password. When I tried to change it it takes me to a page that says

Error:

Access denied

You have tried to reach a page requiring authentication. To access this page, please login with the form at the top left corner. Thank you.

Then when I try to log in to the page with my correct username and password it says: Invalid login

What is going on? I really need to change my pass as it is the preassigned password they gave me when the forum changed over and I can't remember that.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:00 am 

I keep having to log in, even when I check the auto login box. Even when I remain on the forums and want to eventually post something, I'll have to log in again. Has been happening all day today.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:41 am 

I uploaded Alien Gods (Black/Death Metal) from India on 10th April,2011,
I have noticed that it's name doesn't appear in the bands listed under India.
What's the problem??

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:55 am 

What the hell is wrong with this new link colors? Kind of orangish... Looks weird...

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:14 am 

necrobutcher08 wrote:
I uploaded Alien Gods (Black/Death Metal) from India on 10th April,2011,
I have noticed that it's name doesn't appear in the bands listed under India.
What's the problem??

Use the appropriate thead. This one is about the forum.

FredSanford
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:38 am 

I've been locked out of the board for 2-3 days now. But it looks like everything has proceeded normally while I couldn't get on. Why is that? I was getting some kind of message that said essentially "the board is down, try again later". The archives were working normally.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:42 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
yentass wrote:
The "watch this topic" button has vanished. Or it is me being blind, both are likely.
The "at least one new post was made since you began writing your message" thing is brilliant IMO, by the way.

At the top center of the page, just above the posts: "subscribe topic"

Does not exist, and I ctrl+F-ed the entire page. *EDIT: Issue fixed, attachement removed*.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

Last edited by yentass on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:04 am 

Nice to have that report button now.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:26 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
I keep having to log in, even when I check the auto login box. Even when I remain on the forums and want to eventually post something, I'll have to log in again. Has been happening all day today.

I'm having pretty much the same problem. It hasn't happened when I was already logged in and wanted to post something, but everytime I leave the forum and return, I'm logged out again despite checking the auto login box.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 am 

Duisterling wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

I'm having pretty much the same problem. It hasn't happened when I was already logged in and wanted to post something, but everytime I leave the forum and return, I'm logged out again despite checking the auto login box.

Are login issues resolved today?

yentass wrote:
Does not exist, and I ctrl+F-ed the entire page. See the attached file.

Huh. Seems to be a permission issue... I'll look at it later.

slayerhatesusall wrote:
It is not letting me change my password. When I tried to change it it takes me to a page that says

Error:

Access denied

You have tried to reach a page requiring authentication. To access this page, please login with the form at the top left corner. Thank you.

Then when I try to log in to the page with my correct username and password it says: Invalid login

What is going on? I really need to change my pass as it is the preassigned password they gave me when the forum changed over and I can't remember that.

Can you be more specific? Where are you trying to change your password, and where isn't it letting you log in?

FredSanford wrote:
I've been locked out of the board for 2-3 days now. But it looks like everything has proceeded normally while I couldn't get on. Why is that? I was getting some kind of message that said essentially "the board is down, try again later". The archives were working normally.

Um... were you still using the old site?

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
Duisterling wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

Actually (in my case at least), the login issues started today. As long as the url was "http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/" I stayed logged-in all the time, just like with V1. Since it became "http://v2.metal-archives.com/" I basically have to log in again every hour or so (only on the forums, though: the site itself remembers my login fine). I had to log in again just to make this here post, actually.

Edit: it also forgot my timezone preferences, apparently. It remembered my signature, but not that. The timestamp on my post shows "10:19", where it should be 17:19 (my current time zone is CET). I'll go change it again and see if it remembers it now.

Edit 2: I still had to log in again just now, but my timezone preferences work fine now.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 pm 

I don't think it's necessary to display the mods in threads above, this is pretty messy (at the top of threads until the thread title). Although that could just be phpBB, but at least a line break there would probably look cleaner.

And wasn't "Mark forums read" originally on the left where "Delete all board cookies" is now? I keep instinctively going for that... uh lol.

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:00 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
Duisterling wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

yentass wrote:
Does not exist, and I ctrl+F-ed the entire page. See the attached file.

Huh. Seems to be a permission issue... I'll look at it later.

slayerhatesusall wrote:

Error:

Access denied

Can you be more specific? Where are you trying to change your password, and where isn't it letting you log in?

FredSanford wrote:

I went under the user control panel, then went under profile, then edit account settings, then it said Click here to edit your password and when I clicked on it the error happened.

Also like other people It won't keep me signed in I keep having to resign in even when I click the box.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:20 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
Duisterling wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

Well, it's still the same day over here but the problem hasn't occurred anymore for quite a few hours now.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:32 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
I went under the user control panel, then went under profile, then edit account settings, then it said Click here to edit your password and when I clicked on it the error happened.

We made it so that when you try to edit your email or password from the forum, it takes you to your profile edition on the site. But the sessions are not synchronized, so if you were logged out on the site, you'd need to relogin. Though, you said you did try and it rejected your password? Did you try to recover your password from the site?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

FredSanford
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:32 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
FredSanford wrote:

Yeah, I figured that out after I made my post. Why isn't there a message and link at the old forum leading to the new one? I stumbled upon this new one by accident!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:06 pm 

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:31 pm 

Minor aesthetic issue but on threads with multiple pages the top part where it lists the page numbers and moderates needs a space between those two entries. For example this very page has "2Moderators" and the text is in the same color so it looks kind of messy.

~Guest 139804
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 pm 

gojko88 wrote:
Either I'm missing something, or the forum doesn't have the "mark all topics as read" option anymore.

Any update on this?

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:54 am 

gojko88 wrote:
gojko88 wrote:
Either I'm missing something, or the forum doesn't have the "mark all topics as read" option anymore.

Any update on this?

It's on the right side of the main index under the forums. Like I mentioned above, pretty sure it was on the left side on the old board, as I keep instinctively dragging my mouse over there when I'm done reading stuff...

~Guest 139804
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 am 

Ah, right. I used to use the option for separate subforums, where the option was located in the upper right corner.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:59 pm 

Good point, not seeing that anywhere.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:48 pm 

Using FF4.

On the Post Reply page, the usernames next to the posts below are black and practically invisible unless you highlight them.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm 

I'll enable a "mark all topics as read" option shortly. I am still looking into the login/session issues.

Color and link changes are coming shortly.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:59 am 

yentass wrote:
The "watch this topic" button has vanished

Any updates on this? (Just out of curiosity - are there other users experiencing that, or is it just me?)

Vrede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:16 am 

Sorry if that has already been asked, but I'm missing quite a lot of my posts.
On the old version I had over 800 posts, now I'm down to 400something...

Speak for yourself.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:26 pm 

Why has the forum still this link in the bottom:
http://www.metal-archives.com/
and not to the current one:
http://v2.metal-archives.com/

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

~Guest 139804
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:41 am 

Doesn't matter, you'll end up on the same page.

Adolph_Oliver_Bush
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:55 pm 

I'm using FF 4 and the site is running horribly slow...so much so that I have resorted to using the old site to look up info as I'm editing the tags in my mp3 collection.

Germaniac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm 

I have no problem logging into the board, but seem to have trouble logging into the archives, the passwords and everything is correct, but still everytime I try to login I get this message:

Quote:
Error:

Access denied

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:01 pm 

I'm sure this has been addressed but I much prefer the default on clicking on links to automatically open in a new tab instead of the current one.

~Guest 254418
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 am 

I've noticed that a few private messages I've 'sent' recently have been saved in my outbox, and don't appear in my "sent" folder. I'm not sure whether or not they've actually been sent, or just saved. Don't know if it's just me or if anyone else is having similar problems...?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 am 

That's not a problem, the outbox is where the unread PMs you sent are stored. The sent folder are the PMs that have been read by the recipients.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 am 

Catachthonian wrote:
Catachthonian wrote:
A bug in the "Post a reply" mode.

http://i51.tinypic.com/25jio43.jpg

As you can see, the red square is quite empty when it shouldn't be, in fact.

Or rather the usernames ARE displayed, but in black, so they're almost invisible. HellBlazer's and Morrigan's usernames are displayed correctly, however.

Well, maybe my notebook's display is to blame here, but I've also noticed this. The names in the darker sections are almost unreadable:
Really minor issue, but shouldn't be too difficult to change the colour to white or something.

Also, I've noticed that this
is no longer available on the "post a reply" page. Is this deliberate?

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 pm 

yentass wrote:
yentass wrote:
The "watch this topic" button has vanished

Any updates on this? (Just out of curiosity - are there other users experiencing that, or is it just me?)

Fixed. Humongous attachement removed.

Veddartha
Apocalyptic Destroyer of Angels

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:45 pm 

Today I posted for the first time in the new forums and my postcount is almost 1500 posts short. Before the forum change I had like 2400-2500 and now it's only 895. Is this some kind of bug?

Count_Venereal wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:
WASP on the Supreme Court right now!

I will vote for whoever makes this happen.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:57 pm 

I believe that additional prunes (automated, not hand-selected) were done as a part of the forum transfer. As a result, many users will have seen a decrease in their standing postcounts (to a greater or lesser degree, depending on the particular individual's activity patterns).
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Veddartha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:25 pm 

Such situation will be reverted?

Count_Venereal wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 pm 

No, I'm afraid not.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Veddartha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:50 pm 

It's a shame. At least my custom title stuck albeit the screwup. Thanks anyway.

Count_Venereal wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next