Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
a_banshee_named_ted
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:46 am 

I posted a review about a month ago, I checked a couple of time throughout this past period and my review was still there when hitting the edit button. Just checked it and it was gone.

What's the deal? I didn't get a rejection email or anything and the thing was damn well-written. I just posted it again... Please let me know if it's in the staff queue and if so how about a fast response, jump it to the top, waiting a month and having to no word and my review just disappear is not cool.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:57 am 

maybe your review was discussed here or here.

What band & album did you write on anyway?

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

a_banshee_named_ted
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 am 

no my review wasn't discussed anywhere. i submitted it waiting a few days, then a week, then checked the FAQ where it said it could take up to a month. I doubt the queue was that long and many reviews were published. I checked 'edit my review' a few times without altering anything and it was still there. Just went on earlier today and now it's gone.

My review was also the very first review Sig:Ar:Tyr's new album – Godsaga (2010), which I rated a 92% as one of my picks for album of the year. I'm not illiterate and know how to write, knowing well enough how to contribute a useful review. Good spelling, grammar, paragraphs, etc.

I'm very disappointed because I was going to have this published elsewhere, but I held off until it was on this site, being the EM enthusiast that I was. Now it's a little later than ideal for a end-of-the-year 2010 aoty pick review.

a_banshee_named_ted
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:19 am 

sorry about those duplicate posts, on submitting the form...i'm getting a severe lag (and it isn't my connection) and then a post.php pops up?? I did hit the button a couple times, thus the duplicates

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:25 am 

Did you get a mail that it was approved by the mods, who handle the submission queue?

Could you post the review in question?

My podcast:

a_banshee_named_ted
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:38 am 

no i did not get any email. i have 10 other reviews on the site, so i've been through the submission process before. i have resubmitted the review. i am going to wait and see what happens...

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:01 am 

So it was rejected. Post it here and we'll have a look. And in the future, please keep the email notification checked under your profile. That way you'll get an email in case a submission gets rejected. The mods can't bypass that part of the rejection process, so it forces us to explain the reasoning for the rejection. And if you have the option checked, check your spam folder, it might have been intercepted by some very smart piece of software.

My money is on some formatting fuck-up, but I could be wrong. Your earlier reviews seem to be quite nice. And I agree on Excoriate.

EDIT: Oh, it's in the queue. I'll have a look later, I'm busy right now.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:14 pm 

same thing happened to me, i've post a topic in the review section, look when you have the time dear Napero

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

a_banshee_named_ted
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:08 am 

Well, guess what 500 accepted reviews later... it happened again, no email, my review just deleted. Maybe I'm too old for these poser kids running this website.

I know enough to know that this wasn't accidental, the delete button was pushed without the courtesy of a reply by some wannabe metal know-it-all/nu-metal fan kid (or at least that's when he or she first heard what they consider real metal).

Enjoy your power and panda metal reviews homos.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:11 am 

a_banshee_named_ted wrote:
Maybe I'm too old for these poser kids running this website.

Enjoy your power and panda metal reviews homos.

Sounds like you're too old for maturity as well.

a_banshee_named_ted
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:18 am 

boy, good one....

sorry i offended your homosexuality. mr. maturity 23.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 am 

If you have the email reply box checked, an email WILL be sent. Take a look at your spam folder, it's likely that it's there. Or, alternatively, the email site you use doesn't accept emilas from here at all.

In any case, claiming that the nu-metal loving mod (based on that description, that would be Crick, I think) chose not to send an email is bullshit, we just CAN'T do that. It got lost on the way. So keep your insults to yourself, dude.

Actually, since you're butthurt, I'll help you keep them to yourself. If you don't want to discuss this, fine.

EDIT: there, done. Don't worry, geezer, we'll stay off your lawn as long as you let us keep our immature sandbox.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:09 am 

a_banshee_named_ted wrote:
boy, good one....

sorry i offended your homosexuality. mr. maturity 23.

How does one offend a sexual orientation? :lol:

*checks* Oh, and you're only 36... Not really that old, but it sounds like you're grabbing every year of life you can get. xD

Classic dummy-spit, BTW.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 am 

Amusing... his SIG:AR:TYR - Godsaga review is still in the queue, unprocessed and untouched.

Think before you insult, people. Doing something like this for no reason whatsoever makes you look like an ass.

EDIT: it's not too bad, either, he uses capital letters in genres and unnecessarily turns it into a track-by-track deal in the last paragraph, but it seems it might have been approvable with a few tweaks. Well, meh, bygones...

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 am 

Napero wrote:
Amusing... his SIG:AR:TYR - Godsaga review is still in the queue, unprocessed and untouched.

Think before you insult, people. Doing something like this for no reason whatsoever makes you look like an ass.

Maybe you someone should tell him that it is possible to check for one's review by trying to add the review to the same release again.

What I always wanted to know:
http://metal-archives.com/queue.php
this is the queue for the band submissions, can the ones on the reviews be accessed from the outside as well?

My podcast:

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
What I always wanted to know:
http://metal-archives.com/queue.php
this is the queue for the band submissions, can the ones on the reviews be accessed from the outside as well?

Nope.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:14 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
Napero wrote:

Maybe you someone should tell him that it is possible to check for one's review by trying to add the review to the same release again.

Read the original post.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

Reply to topic