Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:39 am 

HumanWaste5150 wrote:
ArtificialStupidity wrote:
Cryptic Tales - Valley of the Dolls

Rather experimental death metal/grindcore from Poland, atmospheric and full of emotion. Features great use of keyboards. And if this isn't beautiful, I don't know what is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAMdIWWp5mo&feature=related

My god, that is one interesting song. Thanks for posting this.

As much as that album cover is a put-off, this song is fantastic. Love the melodic break with the guitars.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

ExtremelyXBadXBreath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:55 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHLe4I5Vg4A

Easily one of the best JL America bands.

KingVold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:58 am 

ExtremelyXBadXBreath wrote:

I just found this on a blog today. I havn't listened to it yet, but that cover is so awesome I can't imagine it being anythign but excellent.

AppleQueso wrote:
Acidgobblin wrote:
I refuse to listen to a genre using an onamatapoeiac descriptor.

Motion to change "Death Metal" to "EEURRRGHHH"

ExtremelyXBadXBreath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:04 am 

KingVold wrote:
ExtremelyXBadXBreath wrote:

I just found this on a blog today. I havn't listened to it yet, but that cover is so awesome I can't imagine it being anythign but excellent.

Some of the rawest USDM you'll hear this side of the Amon Feasting the Beast demo and Abominations of Desolation. I had this back in the day on CD, had to shell out on Amazon for a new copy. With all the reissues coming out this day, somebody should do a proper one of this. They did a second album that was straight up 2nd wave black metal, but I haven't really gotten into it. Maybe it will grow on me.

Menumorut
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:20 am 

I always found this genre to be kind of funny. These young bands (back when they were young) might have been experimental but their music wasn't very good. I guess in this context "great" and "classic" must be relative terms because nothing Comecon ever did will come close to, say, Queen or The Beatles. Some hilarious album covers here, though.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:34 am 

Menumorut wrote:
I always found this genre to be kind of funny. These young bands (back when they were young) might have been experimental but their music wasn't very good. I guess in this context "great" and "classic" must be relative terms because nothing Comecon ever did will come close to, say, Queen or The Beatles. Some hilarious album covers here, though.

Congratulations on having no taste.

Menumorut
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:40 am 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Menumorut wrote:

Congratulations on having no taste.

... this would be the equivalent of an aficionado of cereal box covers telling me I have no taste because I prefer Caravaggio to Cap'n Crunch.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:42 am 

Oh yes, I'm sure you're very cultured. After all, you think Metallica is a contender for the title of "Best metal band." This thread is for people to trade recommendations for overlooked oldschool death metal bands, not for your posturing.

Menumorut
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:46 am 

So eager to pull out the "posturing"/"poser" card, typical teenbanger mentality. Fair enough on the point of this thread though; enjoy your joke metal.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:01 am 

Yeah, "joke metal" :roll:. Because Blind Guardian and all that cheesy Europower is totally serious art, man! For the record, I like Blind Guardian, but there's no way you can claim they're the best metal band one minute and then deride death metal as a "joke" the very next.

By the way, I'm not a teenager and I'm not accusing you of being a poser. I'm accusing you of affecting a pretentious "high art" attitude.

Now, to continue this fine thread, I would like to contribute the following;

Necrosanct - Incarnate (1992)
Grind-tinged English death metal. Really good stuff.

Last edited by The_Beast_in_Black on Sat May 15, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:49 am 

Excellent mention. Reminds me a lot of early Bolt Thrower in a way.

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:11 am 

Menumorut wrote:

:lol: And this?

The Beatles - White Album

Menumorut
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:59 am 

That's classy minimalism, I don't see how that's funny compared to Harry the happy skull and the Jew Gremlin here.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:05 am 

Menumorut wrote:
That's classy minimalism, I don't see how that's funny compared to Harry the happy skull and the Jew Gremlin here.

You've made your (inane) point. If you aren't here to discuss the albums and recommend more, then there's no reason you need to hang around.

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:47 pm 

Menumorut wrote:

What are you doing on a metal discussion forum if you dont like metal? This isnt the thread to discuss overrated crappy boy bands like the beatles.

On topic, Massacras enjoy the violence is some awesome death/thrash from france.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e47AI83sdo0

FrayedEnds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:54 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
What are you doing on a metal discussion forum if you dont like metal? This isnt the thread to discuss overrated crappy boy bands like the beatles.

Fuck off. I don't agree with that guy either but you're a fucking idiot for calling The Beatles a boy band.

If you don't like The Beatles, that's fine. But don't say stupid shit like that; educate yourself on what a "boy band" really is.

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:03 pm 

FrayedEnds wrote:
slayerhatesusall wrote:

Fuck off. I don't agree with that guy either but you're a fucking idiot for calling The Beatles a boy band.

If you don't like The Beatles, that's fine. But don't say stupid shit like that; educate yourself on what a "boy band" really is.

Maybe you should educate yourself on death metal, which is something you clearly don't understand. Fuck off and get out of the thread

SpiritAdrift
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:15 pm 

Incubus (USA) - Beyond the Unknown

Full-length, Nuclear Blast Records
Re-released in 2008 by Metal Mind under the band's new name: Opprobrium.

WORTH EVERY PENNY

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:29 pm 

SpiritAdrift wrote:

WORTH EVERY PENNY

Both of their albums are worth every penny

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:33 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:
SpiritAdrift wrote:

WORTH EVERY PENNY

And I have them both. Now all I need to do is to find the original vinyl version of Serpent Temptation and life will be complete.

FrayedEnds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:
FrayedEnds wrote:
slayerhatesusall wrote:

Maybe you should educate yourself on death metal, which is something you clearly don't understand. Fuck off and get out of the thread

You've mistaken me for Menumorut, guy. Simple mistake, no offense taken.

SpiritAdrift
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:05 pm 

Atrocious_Mutilation wrote:
jugchord07 wrote:
SpiritAdrift wrote:

WORTH EVERY PENNY

And I have them both. Now all I need to do is to find the original vinyl version of Serpent Temptation and life will be complete.

Good luck on the Serpent Temptation vinyl. Ihope they release both albums on vinyl under the Opprobrium name will be my only way of getting them you will pay top dollar for the original vinyl

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:19 pm 

FrayedEnds wrote:
jugchord07 wrote:
FrayedEnds wrote:
slayerhatesusall wrote:

lol whoops, I don't agree on the Beatles being a boy band either, I just wanted to piss the other guy off... my bad

EDIT: And the fact that you both had the same amount of posts when I made the comment doubled my confusion ha

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:55 am 

jugchord07 wrote:
FrayedEnds wrote:
jugchord07 wrote:
FrayedEnds wrote:
slayerhatesusall wrote:

lol whoops, I don't agree on the Beatles being a boy band either, I just wanted to piss the other guy off... my bad

EDIT: And the fact that you both had the same amount of posts when I made the comment doubled my confusion ha

Let's stay on topic guys.

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:46 pm 

Resurrection- Embalmed Existence
Demented Ted- Promises Impure
Creepmime- Shadows
Accidental Suicide- Flesh Parade
Euphoric Evisceration- In the Mind Of Perversion Demo
Rottrevore- Inquitous
Purtenance- Member of Immortal Damnation
Authorize- The Source of Dominion

All great fairly underrated stuff. Purtenance is class, sorry if any of this has already been mentioned

Xytras71
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:38 pm 

Here is my first contribution:

Engrave: Rebirth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsoH0HVbsxw

An incredible death metal not far from early Slayer but not as thrashy that would make Kerry King/Jeff Hanneman grin with envy.

Consolation: Brave melvin from a southern point

Could not find a link on yt but believe me this is incredible DM from Nederlands somewhat different from their Nembrionic buddies and sounding more american.

Jungle Rot: Slaughter the week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNZ7dN4q ... re=related

It does not get more old school than this. From the cover to the music its all great straightforward DM

Bal Sagoth: A black moon broods over lemuria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFdtYZQo ... re=related

Well Bal Sagoth is well known but this album is not. In fact this one is the only album worth listening for my money before they turned sympho-gay.
An excellent mix of death/black.

Withered Earth: into the deepest wounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzGgSsGwwTo

Beats the hell out of me why this band was not more popular. Awesomeness throughout particulary ears-bleeding bass. Essential!

Necrophagia: Season of the dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75TtyqrJPc0

Very unique DM that very hard to describe. Very chaotic and disjoined but it works. Ignore all followups though.

That's it for now but I'll be back. Ooo, and awesome thread by the way.

Last edited by Xytras71 on Sun May 16, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:02 pm 

Pungent Stench-"For God Your Soul... For Me Your Flesh"

Okay, maybe not as obscure as some others in here. But this album is much overlooked, with people usually fanning out over its follow-up. This album is much better, and filthier than "Been Caught Buttering."

Ibex_Ichor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:11 pm 

Menumorut wrote:

Naw, really? You think so?
Fuck man, I always thought if they replaced Queen's music in Highlander with Comecon it would be just as good. There goes that idea.
Okay, back to being overly analytical over high end art while sippin' some espresso at the cafe. You kids will never be quite as hip and intellectual as I. Enjoy your silly and tripe old school death metal, you fashionable metalheads.

RIGHT, BILLY!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:28 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:
Resurrection- Embalmed Existence

Would be a good album if it wasn't for those god damn speaking parts.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Artofgrind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:28 pm 

First of all most know their later work but their first is out of this world.
The Chasm-Procreation Of The Inner Temple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1otqKv1w6tM

In your face death metal. Maleficarum-Across The Heavens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkZOUZgUFY

A crust crossover. Genital Deformities-Shag Nasty! Oi!
No clip for this one sorry

Like The Chasm but a lot more brutal. The True Disgorge-Through the Innards. The clips is really bad the actual this sounds better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaOTQA5mecc

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:06 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:
Purtenance- Member of Immortal Damnation
Purtenance is class

I couldn't get into this one, unfortunately. I disliked the vocals, and it put me off the music altogether. I had an opportunity to get this one, first press, a while ago, but I didn't. I don't exactly regret it.

I do agree with you about Rottrevore, though. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:52 pm 

These are my favorite albums from the early Finnish scene. Adramelech has a different mood to it than the other bands. Hard to describe, a bit more catchy and upbeat I suppose.

Convulse is a bit on the heavier side and took me a while to get into as opposed to many of the other bands. Still has that doomy feel to it that the other bands have.

Demigod is fairly tight and has a better production than many of the other releases of the time coming out of Finland.

Funebre is my favorite. It has some catchier riffs than the others, but still a doomy and otherworldy feel to it. I love the dissonant leads here.

Purtenance is fairly atmospheric with some sick vocals.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:16 am 

MikeyC wrote:
I had an opportunity to get this one, first press, a while ago, but I didn't. I don't exactly regret it.

:nono: Mikey, you disappoint me. :lol:

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:31 am 

Argonauth wrote:

So who is this, and why should I listen to it?

ARMOURED ANGEL - Stigmartyr 1992

Although their early demos were more thrash orientated (much like Pestilence in that regard) this Mcd has a much burlier, meaner DM edge. The bulldozing, crushing, gravelly guitars are half a mile thick, and all driven along by a pulsing, urgent rhythm. Great stuff indeed, both Stigmartyr and Mysterium are worth hearing. All of the demos are essential.

HYMN OF HATE

PSYCHRIST - The Abysmal Fiend 1994

Having owned this for a number of years now, it still manages to impress with with it's head-down, murky brutality. It is a very straight forward Death Metal album, but one that is enjoyable with some devastating vocals. Love the cover art too.

SPIRAL

DIVINE EVE - As The Angels Weep ep 1993

I only have this ep and haven't heard anything before or after this, but none the less, this is one damn heavy old-school gem. The sawing, (brilliantly) bottom heavy guitar tone would drill through rock, and the riffs themselves are as ass kicking as they come.

AS THE ANGELS WEEP

My collection

Last edited by CrushedRevelation on Tue May 18, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menumorut
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:36 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Argonauth wrote:

So who is this, and why should I listen to it?

Golem - Eternity: The Weeping Horizons

Sounds a bit like Necroticism Carcass.

HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:47 am 

Artofgrind wrote:
A crust crossover. Genital Deformities-Shag Nasty! Oi!
No clip for this one sorry

If this is kosher, than I'd recommend Prophecy Of Doom - Acknowledge the Confusion Master.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMG3Vg2h ... re=related

Utterly crushing deathgrind with a lot of crust. brutal vocals and socio-political lyrics galore! There is also a good amount of doomy riffs as well. Early fans of Bolt Thrower will definitely enjoy it a lot. I'd bank on the peel sessions being their best work as all peel sessions are.
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

Wyrmbane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 am 

Poison - Into The Abyss (1986)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwxGpMMS-Bs&feature=related

Rotting Christ - Satanas Tedeum (1989)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ezmNKm5thw

Psychic Possessor - Toxin Difusion (1988)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXjWa20J8wQ

Genocídio - Genocídio (1988)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxieIP0SCrA&feature=related

Poison: Epic blackened death/thrash metal. Great riffs and vocals. Should have been as big as the Teutonic Thrash Trio.
Rotting Christ: Doomy death metal but already showing signs of their future distinctive greek black metal sound.
Psychic Possessor: Brazilian death/thrash with insane vocals and crossover influences.
Genocidio: Cut from the same cloth as Sarcofago, Sepultura, Holocausto, Vulcano, Sextrash, etc.

Sanaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:48 am 

Artofgrind wrote:
Like The Chasm but a lot more brutal. The True Disgorge-Through the Innards.

I just checked this out, wow! It is brutal, and nowhere near being a Suffocation clone or worthless blastfest. Reminds me of Pyphomgertum and Cenotaph's Tenebrous Apparitions.

MEMEME
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am 

Belial (Fin) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd9OVFopjkM
'The Wisdom of Darkness'

- Thick guitar tone, somewhat audible bass, awesome vocals, just the right production overall very very good (even for an EP).
This is exactly why I like Finnish bands so much - the atmosphere. A must listen (I apologize if its a repeat).

Dark Millenium (Ger) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqeiVybRPo4
Ashore the Celestial Burden

Awesomely enjoyable music. Most of you are definitely going to like this one.

Carnifex (Fin) - NO LINK! - [1991] - Decadence (Demo) -

Another kick ass band from Finland. (someone already posted this I think). Towards the more heavier-thrashy side, lots of blasting. Nice vocals.
The production isn't that good but certainly worth a listen. This is a very good Demo Try it.

Crimson Relic (US) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_pCnk5RtO0
[1996] - Purgatory's Reign

- Mid-paced, has its faster moments. Decent production. Nice bass follow through. Fitting vocals. Overall, very nicely done!

Drowned (Ger) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B44PVJxzbQ
[2006] - Viscera Terræ (Demo)

- Just listen to this Beast of a Demo. These have yet to release a Full length. Too good!

Expulser (Brazil) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjNIUKA6ZPE
[1992] - The Unholy One

I don't know how many of you know this band. But is recomended to all. My favorite style of DM.

Fester (Nor) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mOVhHukwBg
[1992] - Winter of Sin

DM from Norway. Very good vocals. Average production. But you'll have to listen this yourself and decide.

I've got these from a few relatively same threads. Thought I might contribute.

Wyrmbane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:17 pm 

Hadez - Aquelarre (1993) is typical Brazilian death/black metal but perhaps good enough and obscure enough to qualify for an old school gem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aALf7vKdaVw

Also, Electrocution - Inside the Unreal (1993) is technical DM of the highest order.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LasJrcyESMU

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next