Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 am 

DrBusey wrote:
I went to submit Son of Aurelius, and I got a message claiming they had been previously denied for not being metal. Could someone explain this to me please?

They are a plain metalcore band.

NetherFog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:21 am 

I was wondering, will a band with maximum of 3-4 riffs in an album will be accepted ? even though their earlier albums are just ambient, no metal in it ? Their latest release got 4 tracks (i think) with just a couple of riff which can come under DSBM/Ambient tag, but just for 4 songs with couple of riffs will a band be accepted ? i'm talking about this band called Geriht from Russia

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 am 

Are you talking about Ruins of Humanity? If so, 4 tracks out of 14 will not be enough.

Staatsfeind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 am 

Why my White Devils has been rejected?

This band is not "metal enough"? Really?
This band belongs to the metal genres not less than Berserkr, Vinland Warriors or Odins Law for example. White Devils plays mix of thrash and groove metal with RAC and hardcore influences.
I upload 3 songs on Rapidshare and wrote link in the new thread. But nobody didn't download it. That's because moderators are experts and they don't need to hear samples?

I remember when I created Mass Destruction thread and moderator wrote what it is not "metal enough". But in the same time this band was here under the "M.D." title.

Later I created Amistad thread. But this band has been rejected too. Then other user created this thread and now it's all good.

What is it? Magic?

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:04 pm 

Your rejection message was very simple: upload an entire album, not just three random songs. From what I can remember of your submission, the band had half a dozen releases with eight or more songs each. Bands do not get accepted here because they have a metal song or two per album. At least one release must be predominantly metal.

NetherFog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 pm 

Fanfarigoule wrote:
Are you talking about Ruins of Humanity? If so, 4 tracks out of 14 will not be enough.

Yes that's the one, gave a listen sometime ago, ok thanks

Staatsfeind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:28 pm 

Drowned wrote:
Your rejection message was very simple: upload an entire album, not just three random songs. From what I can remember of your submission, the band had half a dozen releases with eight or more songs each. Bands do not get accepted here because they have a metal song or two per album. At least one release must be predominantly metal.

But nobody didn't download my link with sample. How did you know, what it was not metal?
This band is metal band (with hatecore and RAC influences). But "experts" didn't accept it.

PS: and in that time Deep Purple accepted as "metal band" LOL!

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:30 pm 

He did not say it wasn't metal, he said you haven't uploaded a full release. Did you even read his post?

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 am 

Thought I'd ask this one in this thread just in case - is it alright if a band has only a video release? There may be a demo or promo somewhere in existence, but what if only a professional (for the time) recording was made and released with full packaging and everything? Would that count (it has musical material on it)?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 am 

Yes. Any release that's predominantly metal.

varsava
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:34 am 

Hi. I added Boggart, a melodic Doom Metal band a few days ago but it was rejected cause u said they hadn't released anything. Actually they have released a demo, an EP and a full-length. This is their myspace
http://www.myspace.com/boggartband

Hope u can check it. They are really good band. I hope they can be on M_A

Thx

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:42 am 

Did you read title of this thread?

penguinrockr222
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:54 pm 

Just wondering why Between the Buried and Me was deleted. They barely had any metalcore influence, any such influence has long been stripped. Their latest 3 albums are nothing but progressive metal (with plenty of other jazz, blues, etc.)

johnny_69
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 pm 

where do i have to send the picture (i guess) of the rejected band demo proof to?.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:05 pm 

penguinrockr222 wrote:
.Their latest 3 albums are nothing but[progressive metal (with plenty of other jazz, blues, etc.)

Does not compute.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:34 pm 

johnny_69 wrote:
where do i have to send the picture (i guess) of the rejected band demo proof to?.

You can use this thread.

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:59 am 

penguinrockr222 wrote:
Just wondering why Between the Buried and Me was deleted. They barely had any metalcore influence, any such influence has long been stripped. Their latest 3 albums are nothing but progressive metal (with plenty of other jazz, blues, etc.)

If you carefully read through the former version of this topic you will find ample reasons why BTBAM are not on this site.
But well, I guess it is the right time of the month for another BTBAM fan to come pestering us all about why they are not on the site and why it so preposterous that they have been deleted!
Next month another newbie will do the same and the story will continue. It seems just like the muppet's Veterinarian hospital with the continuing story of the quack that's gone to the dogs!

Bolth_Mannn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:17 am 

Just a harmless querie, how come Coheed and Cambria aren't on the site? Their music sounds metal to me (well the vocals no but the music yes; at least in the few songs i've heard) so yeah.

Just curious.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:57 am 

Bolth_Mannn wrote:
Just a harmless querie, how come Coheed and Cambria aren't on the site? Their music sounds metal to me (well the vocals no but the music yes; at least in the few songs i've heard) so yeah.

Just curious.

They do not sound metal to us. At all. They sound like Queen on acid mixed with Led Zeppelin and seventies experimental rock.

Lingual
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:07 am 

I desperatly try to submit the band Alive Inc. (progressive metal band from France) without sucess!

So here are the proof they plays metal and have released 2 full lenght albums. They also did the french tour with Freack Kitchen this year:

www.myspace.com/aliveinc

Here you can find some reviews from their second album:

http://www.pavillon666.fr/chronique-metal-4708.php
http://www.metal-integral.com/chronique ... ue_ID=1704

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:12 am 

This not progressive metal, but metalcore/modern rock - unacceptable.

Lingual
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:22 am 

Ok thank you.

By the way, is this one considered as power/progressive metal and would it be accepted if I submit it:

Lightseekers: http://www.myspace.com/thelightseekers

Thank you in advance

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am 

Lingual wrote:
Ok thank you.

By the way, is this one considered as power/progressive metal and would it be accepted if I submit it:

Lightseekers: http://www.myspace.com/thelightseekers

Thank you in advance

Yes, this is progressive metal, but next time, do no ask in this thread, this is not its purpose. Just submit the band and wait.

Lingual
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:28 am 

No problem, thanks for all :)

Eagleheart
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:06 am 

I submitted the band Scerra some days ago, and it was rejected for not having a physical release.

I included the following links, where the album can be ordered, although it's in Hungarian.

http://www.myspace.com/scerramusic

http://rockerek.hu/zenekarok/Scerra

http://letoltes.deepel.com/scerra-ketse ... al-hunzene - review

The moderator said this is not a proof of their first album's existance.
I don't own their album, but I know it's physically released.
I know the band from the singer's girlfriend, who has a copy of it.

I know our word is not enough, but how should I prove that the album exists? I can't take a photo of it.

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:08 am 

Really? The second link is definitely proof enough.

Eagleheart
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:10 am 

Fanfarigoule wrote:
Really? The second link is definitely proof enough.

Than can I resubmit them?

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:13 am 

I just saw on their MySpace that the album is offered for download and since there is no ordering info, that won't be enough. Their MySpace didn't work at first, I checked the other links before. Sorry for this error of mine.

Eagleheart
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:20 am 

Fanfarigoule wrote:
I just saw on their MySpace that the album is offered for download and since there is no ordering info, that won't be enough. Their MySpace didn't work at first, I checked the other links before. Sorry for this error of mine.

No problem, but my first question is alive: If I can't take a photo, how can I prove that the album is out physically?

By the way,
yes, the entire album can be downloaded, but it also can be ordered via the e-mail addres that is given in the second link.

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am 

I'll contact the band myself.

Eagleheart
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:12 am 

Fanfarigoule wrote:
I'll contact the band myself.

Okay, that will be fine.

alexwinged
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:10 pm 

Fanfarigoule wrote:
DrBusey wrote:
I went to submit Son of Aurelius, and I got a message claiming they had been previously denied for not being metal. Could someone explain this to me please?

They are a plain metalcore band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSsrHg7akb4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8IFGrGttK8

wow, that's probably one of the most metalcorish music i've ever listened to. I can't understand why someone would attempt to submit it to the archives.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:33 pm 

Soulfly, again...

Well, this isn't really a post asking that they should be added, but there are two tracks on their Myspace from their upcoming album Omen. Honestly, it sounds more melodic death metal (at least Kingdom, Rise of the Fallen is more groove with some stuff reminiscient of Gojira), whereas Dark Ages and Conquer had thrash metal and groove metal elements and each album since Prophecy basically ditched the nu-metal elements bit by bit (I don't even hear any in Conquer but that album has already been decided by the administrators).

Omen is to be released May 25, so I figure starting the debate now and concluding after the album is either leaked/released or streamed on Myspace would allow plenty of time for the administrators to make a decision.

I do realize this is quite a dead horse to be beating, but Soulfly shouldn't be kept out based on their past musical output, just based on the fact that they released a metal album (if the administrators decide this), and Omen is likely to be their most metal album to date.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:44 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
Omen is to be released May 25, so I figure starting the debate now and concluding after the album is either leaked/released or streamed on Myspace would allow plenty of time for the administrators to make a decision.

Wrong. No decision can even begin to be made before the album is available in full.

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:12 am 

Witcher wrote:
Bolth_Mannn wrote:

Just curious.

They do not sound metal to us. At all. They sound like Queen on acid mixed with Led Zeppelin and seventies experimental rock.

Woah, this band does not deserve such a complimentary description, not in the slightest! Queen on acid? More like Avril Lavigne on Prozac.

elfstone321
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:10 pm 

this band
http://www.myspace.com/inlegend

was rejected because:Not metal; does not belong.
but is metal, im sure, they do not use guitar, instead they use piano, could you listen again and tell me if metal cuz I'm really sure is metal??
can I submit again(with cd proff)??

Last edited by elfstone321 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marco_hammerdown
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 pm 

Hi, you discarded Sin of Redemption 'cause you thought that they don't produced anything but THEY HAVE a discography and I UPDATED IT (they've done 1 six tracks demo last year... for now!!!!)... they made "The Taste of Sin"... check it, there is a mistake... upload 'em if you can... or must I re-do the database band record? I saved the english translation, so it will be simple for me...
Now I have also the monicker artwork and a photo for uploading!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, I HAVE A WIFE AND SONS ;)

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:13 pm 

Resubmit and include the photo of the demo.

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 pm 

wednesdead666 wrote:
this band

but is metal, im sure, they do not use guitar, instead they use piano, could you listen again and tell me if metal cuz I'm really sure is metal??

No. You are free to think it's metal but we don't think so.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:18 pm 

wednesdead666 wrote:
this band

Interesting, if it had a guitar instead of that piano it sounds like it could be submitted, though I am not staff so you should leave it to one of them to decide.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 541  Next