Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GagaISM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:36 pm 

I have recently submitted 4 reviews on MA. But only one of them got published (for Pro Pain's Foul Taste...). The rest didn't make it. I have read through the rules several times and couldn't see why there should be any problem with the others. I even tried to seek out some bands (ringworm and dim mak) that wasn't so represented review wise. Is it normal that it's kinda hit and miss if your reviews get uploaded? Cause then it's pretty much a waste of time writing them.

/GagaISM

GagaISM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:37 pm 

Oh and I also wrote a mail to MA but never got an answer.

Zoldaten_ov_Zatan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:53 pm 

It's normal when you first start writing reviews, then, over time as your writing get's better and you get a better handle on what kinds of reviews are likely to get accepted, it happens less and less. Nobody starts off being brilliant. Practice makes perfect, et all, just keep at it.

That said, the only reviews I've ever had rejected were both gimmicky joke reviews that later got accepted when I wrote them seriously. 8-)

[EDIT]: And they actually did get accepted in gimmicky joke form, they just got taken off later for being gimmicky and jokey.

Last edited by Zoldaten_ov_Zatan on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GagaISM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:19 pm 

Im not going to say im fucking Franz Kafka or something haha. But what I wrote was way above bottom standard for MA and the Pro Pain review that got accepted was probably the worst of the lot. I have been writing for a long time before I ever submitted anything to MA. Not record reviews though. But I still find it odd. Still they accept those "worst album I've ever heard" bullshit reviews... Hmm strange.

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:27 pm 

A review rejection comes with a mail telling you why the review has been rejected, usually something that can easily be fixed (if you were smart enough to save your review). No big deal.

harbringer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:30 pm 

If your other reviews are anything like the Pro Pain one, it might be because they're so short. Like the older reviews that were put up when this site was newer, but are now being weeded out for lack of content.

GagaISM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:41 pm 

EntilZha wrote:
A review rejection comes with a mail telling you why the review has been rejected, usually something that can easily be fixed (if you were smart enough to save your review). No big deal.

I hadn't clicked that box. But thanks. I hope it'll work from now on.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:17 pm 

There are three reviews by you in the queue. I'm sorry, but we have quite a backlog right now, everybody seems to be busy. It will improve, no worries.

Based on a quick look, your works are rather minimal, but fortunately quite concise and focused. Not masterpieces, but probably approvable. They will be processed in due time, we still have reviews from the 1st there.

Patience.

GagaISM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 am 

Thanks alot. That's all I needed to know. Ill try and make my future reviews longer.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.