Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:30 pm 

death_headj wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend me some black metal with an extremely dark atmosphere, and lyrics concerning acts of pure evil. Thanks in advance.

haha are you serious?

LokiGoddess
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 am 

Jonpo wrote:
mo early Bathory worship!

Forgot to mention Terrorist. Excellent, high-speed, no-bullshit ugly black/thrash. This band doesn't fuck around with concepts like "epic" or "melodic", they just beat you over the head with evil riffs. Terrorist has my highest recommendations.

Also, even though they are not a bathory worshiping Black/thrash band, I just have to do everything in my power to get you to buy this demo tape. Crucifixonhammer is a band I only came across recently, but loved immediately. It is very hard to describe their sound, but they play a kind of blend between hellhammer-esque death/black metal and 1990-91era black/death metal. If I know you're taste in black/death/thrash metal right, then I believe that you will fucking love this tape. if I've interested you then you can find a sample song here and if you find that you dig this band as much as I do then don't hesitate to purchase the damn thing from this distro.
Oh, so Mother Nature needs a favor? Well, maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys. Nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit because she's losing? Well, I say "hard cheese"! - Monty Burns

KE3useer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 am 

I'm just getting interested in black metal. I usually listen to a lot of thrash and some death metal. If I'm just getting into the genre what bands are some good recommendations? Sorry for being vague. Thanks!

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:41 am 

KE3useer wrote:
I'm just getting interested in black metal. I usually listen to a lot of thrash and some death metal. If I'm just getting into the genre what bands are some good recommendations? Sorry for being vague. Thanks!

Nazxul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDWAkU2ztUE

shining(suicidal black metal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3YQdNhRbk

austrere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsofblEK3A

silencer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjc96PZriag

the furor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhGYat57lS0

misery omen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNY0UtSQck

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 am 

KE3useer wrote:

Seeing as you like thrash and death, I'd suggest Destroyer 666, Razor of Occam, Teitanblood, Belphegor, Absu and Behemoth. Some of the bands I mentoned are more death, but good way to get into a genre is via a gene you already like...

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 pm 

Reccomend me extremely raw black metal with poor production, yet occasionally upbeat sounding riffs, please. Something along the lines of Nattens Madrigal or Borknagar's self-titled.

Also, I dislike vehemently anti-Christian lyrics, although lyrics about Satan every now and then are fine.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:08 am 

Inkshooter wrote:
Reccomend me extremely raw black metal with poor production, yet occasionally upbeat sounding riffs, please. Something along the lines of Nattens Madrigal or Borknagar's self-titled.

Also, I dislike vehemently anti-Christian lyrics, although lyrics about Satan every now and then are fine.

Try Horna and Satanic Warmaster...

Fialkinn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:11 pm 

KE3useer wrote:

IXXI - Rewards of ignorant wrath
Quite cheerfull and aggressive song. I recommend it for those who like primitive, thoughtless Black metal.

Taake (or Tåke)
This band mixes folk music and Metal. I won't call it a Folk metal band, as it has Black metal vocals. This band is one of my favorites.
I strongly recommend the song Hordalands dödskvad II.'

Ohtar
Fearsome black metal. Makes you want to kill. This band (i think) sings in polish, which is a downside unless you know the language.

Pest
Very mediocre band, but good for starters. I recommend the song "Thorns from underneath" and perhaps Bestial crucifixion.

Thy primordial.
The song called "Tronad av natten" is one of my favorite black metal songs. The band is quite "pathetic" in some ways. But they really know how to make catchy tunes. I also recommend the song "Impression of war".

Bethlehem
This german band makes songs with a lot of Atmosphere.
I really, really recommend the song "Dorn meiner allmacht".

Infaust
One of my favorite bands! They are outstanding in many ways.
I can recommend the song "Verloren in hoffnungslosigkeit".

Another user recommended Silencer. I would not recommend this band. Listening to silencer may cause you to dislike Black metal in the future. Silencer is not a bad band; on the contrary. But can be quite difficult for people new to the genre to listen to somethign like Silencer. If you want to listen to the band, i'd recommend the songs "I shall lead you shall lead, you shall follow" (Especially the last part of the song), and, of course, Death pierce me.

Fialkinn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:12 pm 

KE3useer wrote:

IXXI - Rewards of ignorant wrath
Quite cheerfull and aggressive song. I recommend it for those who like primitive, thoughtless Black metal.

Taake (or Tåke)
This band mixes folk music and Metal. I won't call it a Folk metal band, as it has Black metal vocals. This band is one of my favorites.
I strongly recommend the song Hordalands dödskvad II.'

Ohtar
Fearsome black metal. Makes you want to kill. This band (i think) sings in polish, which is a downside unless you know the language.

Pest
Very mediocre band, but good for starters. I recommend the song "Thorns from underneath" and perhaps Bestial crucifixion.

Thy primordial.
The song called "Tronad av natten" is one of my favorite black metal songs. The band is quite "pathetic" in some ways. But they really know how to make catchy tunes. I also recommend the song "Impression of war".

Bethlehem
This german band makes songs with a lot of Atmosphere.
I really, really recommend the song "Dorn meiner allmacht".

Infaust
One of my favorite bands! They are outstanding in many ways.
I can recommend the song "Verloren in hoffnungslosigkeit".

Another user recommended Silencer. I would not recommend this band. Listening to silencer may cause you to dislike Black metal in the future. Silencer is not a bad band; on the contrary. But can be quite difficult for people new to the genre to listen to somethign like Silencer. If you want to listen to the band, i'd recommend the songs "I shall lead you shall lead, you shall follow" (Especially the last part of the song), and, of course, Death pierce me.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:43 am 

LokiGoddess wrote:
Jonpo wrote:
I need more early Bathory worship.

Seeing as how we seem to operate on the same wavelength (musically speaking) most of the time, I can't really think of much that you probably haven't heard of that isn't some incredibly obscure demo band. But I'll try anyway.

Hey I just wanted to double-back and say thanks for stepping up to the plate on this one. After thinking about it I probably should have just PM'd you in the first place. I have listened to Mefisto and Warhorde fairly extensively. I never checked out the other Mephisto but I remember noting them as having an awesome name/band picture and thinking I should look into them.

I haven't listened to Warhorde since i stopped listening to downloaded stuff, but I worshipped Satanic Lust when I first discovered it. I love the fucking no-frills, caveman logic. "Distortion is awesome, so MORE distortion will be more awesome!". Only a handful of riffs on the whole fucking album but they're all killers. The solos are also hilarious. I really need to try to pick a copy of that one up.

I haven't listened to Terrorist or Crucifixionhammer (such an awesome name) at all so I'll check those out for sure.

Shallow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 pm 

I'm looking for DSBM bands, I'm really quite fond of the few albums I have. I quite like early Shining and Hypothermia, but what really takes the cake for me is Gris - Il Etait Une Foret. Probably one of my favourite albums, the atmosphere is unmatched.

What other bands would you recommend? Those are pretty much the only DSBM bands I've listened to.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:06 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
KE3useer wrote:

Nazxul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDWAkU2ztUE

shining(suicidal black metal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3YQdNhRbk

austrere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsofblEK3A

silencer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjc96PZriag

the furor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhGYat57lS0

misery omen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNY0UtSQck

Those are some shitty recommendations for someone who is just getting into black metal. Silencer being the worst; Shining being the only right one.

@KE3user, I suppose you're not really familiar with the genre? I should give these a try (yes, I recommend 'standard' BM albums):

Abyssic Hate - Suicidal Emotions
Bathory - S/t + Twilight of the Gods
Burzum - All up to Filosofem
Carpathian Forest - Black Shining Leather
Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Drudkh - Blood in our Wells
Grand Belial's Key - Judeobeast Assassination
Graveland - In the Glare of Burning Churches (most dirty BM recording ever)/Dawn of Iron Blades
Immortal - At The Heart of Winter
Mayhem - Wolf's Lair Abyss
Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk (if you don't like 'Christraping Black Metal' you can better quit black metal forever :D )
Mütiilation - Vampires of the Black Imperial Blood
Nokturnal Mortum - All albums
Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness
Shining - IV: The Eerie Cold
Taake - All albums
The Ruins of Beverast - Unlock the Shrine

Check those out, none of these records are similar to one another to there is pretty varying. This way you get a better look into the genre.
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

Last edited by Winterkald on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm 

Shallow wrote:
I'm looking for DSBM bands, I'm really quite fond of the few albums I have. I quite like early Shining and Hypothermia, but what really takes the cake for me is Gris - Il Etait Une Foret. Probably one of my favourite albums, the atmosphere is unmatched.

What other bands would you recommend? Those are pretty much the only DSBM bands I've listened to.

Coldworld - Melancholie2
Nyktalgia - Peisithanatos
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

Shallow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:33 pm 

Winterkald wrote:
Shallow wrote:

Coldworld - Melancholie2
Nyktalgia - Peisithanatos

Cheers, only checked some songs on youtube but it sounds promising. Especially liked the eerie sound Coldworld has.

Hawksword192
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm 

Recently I've gotten into the Meads of Asphodel and I wanted to know if anyone in this thread could point me in the right direction to some Black Metal bands with some Hard Rockish riffing. Not necessarily Black N' Roll though. Thanks.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:50 am 

Winterkald wrote:
Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk (if you don't like 'Christraping Black Metal' you can better quit black metal forever :D )

Way to recommend the very worst and most pedantic Marduk album... ANY of the albums which came before it are vastly better and more intelligent choices for new BM fans, while Plague Angel is basically the same kind of album only much more powerful and well-written.

As for Nokturnal Mortum, I'd like to add that the two main demos, Twilightfall and Lunar Poetry, are excellent, albeit with the former you don't really get black metal, just an incredible and unique mix of death, black, doom and even some folk. Also, NeChrist doesn't hold a candle to any of the other Nokturnal Mortum albums/demos.

Also, there's this underrated and largely unknown gem that I'd like to recommend to any and all who love good, original black metal: Godkiller, on their EP The Rebirth of the Middle Ages. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA4E-eiXZs

Fialkinn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:48 am 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Winterkald wrote:

Way to recommend the very worst and most pedantic Marduk album... ANY of the albums which came before it are vastly better and more intelligent choices for new BM fans, while Plague Angel is basically the same kind of album only much more powerful and well-written.

As for Nokturnal Mortum, I'd like to add that the two main demos, Twilightfall and Lunar Poetry, are excellent, albeit with the former you don't really get black metal, just an incredible and unique mix of death, black, doom and even some folk. Also, NeChrist doesn't hold a candle to any of the other Nokturnal Mortum albums/demos.

Also, there's this underrated and largely unknown gem that I'd like to recommend to any and all who love good, original black metal: Godkiller, on their EP The Rebirth of the Middle Ages. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA4E-eiXZs

I agree. Christraping black metal is absolute filth.

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:08 am 

Fialkinn wrote:
MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Winterkald wrote:

I agree. Christraping black metal is absolute filth.

I guess you guys still have to age a little bit because Marduk kicks ass all the way up to Panzer Division Marduk with Christraping Black Metal. The rest of their discography is just lame easy hearing plain fony BM for kids. Plague Angel is kind of enjoyable but really laks greatness by far and Panzer Division is as good as all their previous work.

chronolith
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:43 am 

i'm looking for a recommendation for a black metal scene. I've been digging through a lot of US black metal lately because i like the evil, not overly-melodic melodies, but i'm trying to seek something new. i do enjoy melody when done right though (drudkh). any suggestions?

KE3useer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:06 pm 

Thanks all for recommendations! I'm listening to some of the bands now.

LifeDemise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:31 am 

Anyone can recommend me some swedish black metal bands that use some 'melody' in their songs.

Bands similar to Lord Belial, Dissection, Setherial, Vinterland, Naglfar, Necrophobic, Sacramentum, Dawn... etcetc

Fialkinn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:16 am 

LifeDemise wrote:
Anyone can recommend me some swedish black metal bands that use some 'melody' in their songs.

Bands similar to Lord Belial, Dissection, Setherial, Vinterland, Naglfar, Necrophobic, Sacramentum, Dawn... etcetc

Thy primoridal - Tronad av natten.
The song on youtube is an old version with bad singing and sound quality.
The song from the album "Kristallklar Vinternatt [E.P.] (1996)" is better.
The song "Impression of war" from the Album "Under Iskall Trollmåne 1998" is also quite good.

I can also recommend woods of infinity's "Piskar ut mitt hat". The intro is slow, but it's a good song.
But Woods of infinity is a really sick band, so alot of people don't like to listen to their songs because of the lyrics.
But if you don't understand the language then you shall have no problem.

The ones i recommended are low budget productions, but they all have a distinct melody.
If you some bands that record in better quality, i can't help you unless you want norweigan Black metal.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 am 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Winterkald wrote:

I always really liked Panzer Division Marduk, but it was also one of the first black metal album that I purchased. I can see your point when you say it's Marduk' worst album. But the simple character of the album, simply described as ten riffs and one blast beat, it the power of that album! It's so hard hitting in the fact, so brutal. Goddamn, it's insane. Still love listening to it and every week or so it's spun.

But indeed, all album before Panzer Division Marduk are excellence. Nightwing and Those of the Unlight in particulary. Also, Rom 5:12 is pure excellence.

EDIT: @Crypt666, are you calling me a fony BM kid :S ?

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:43 pm 

Winterkald wrote:
MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Winterkald wrote:

I always really liked Panzer Division Marduk, but it was also one of the first black metal album that I purchased. I can see your point when you say it's Marduk' worst album. But the simple character of the album, simply described as ten riffs and one blast beat, it the power of that album! It's so hard hitting in the fact, so brutal. Goddamn, it's insane. Still love listening to it and every week or so it's spun.

But indeed, all album before Panzer Division Marduk are excellence. Nightwing and Those of the Unlight in particulary. Also, Rom 5:12 is pure excellence.

I can't look in your head can I? But if you think Rom 5:12 is a good album there must be something wrong up there. Your age or IQ could have something to do with it but now all of a sudden I'm probably a big asshole. Really I feel like a goddamn genius when browsing this forum. Some are just into a "more boring, less strong" type of music but most just pick up the biggest crap what makes me think "wow these guys are fony" but maybe they're just really young and not so intelligent. Really I can hear the difference between crap and boring very well.

it's suspicious that's all I'm saying :P

Last edited by Crypt666 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LifeDemise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:09 pm 

Fialkinn wrote:
LifeDemise wrote:

Thy primoridal - Tronad av natten.
The song on youtube is an old version with bad singing and sound quality.
The song from the album "Kristallklar Vinternatt [E.P.] (1996)" is better.
The song "Impression of war" from the Album "Under Iskall Trollmåne 1998" is also quite good.

I can also recommend woods of infinity's "Piskar ut mitt hat". The intro is slow, but it's a good song.
But Woods of infinity is a really sick band, so alot of people don't like to listen to their songs because of the lyrics.
But if you don't understand the language then you shall have no problem.

The ones i recommended are low budget productions, but they all have a distinct melody.
If you some bands that record in better quality, i can't help you unless you want norweigan Black metal.

thanks!

Some Norwegian ones would be good as well, i only really said Swedish cos most black metal bands i like seem to be from that country.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:43 pm 

Crypt666 wrote:
Winterkald wrote:
MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Winterkald wrote:

I can't look in your head can I? But if you think Rom 5:12 is a good album there must be something wrong up there. Your age or IQ could have something to do with it but now all of a sudden I'm probably a big asshole. Really I feel like a goddamn genius when browsing this forum. Some are just into a "more boring, less strong" type of music but most just pick up the biggest crap what makes me think "wow these guys are fony" but maybe they're just really young and not so intelligent. Really I can hear the difference between crap and boring very well.

Never mind dude, seriously. Poser.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:01 pm 

Besides Thorns and Mysticum, what other bands would be necessary industrial black metal listening? While i like Thorns, i'm looking for a more raw production, like Streams of inferno, nothing super produced and clean sounding.

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:37 am 

FleshMonolith wrote:
Besides Thorns and Mysticum, what other bands would be necessary industrial black metal listening? While i like Thorns, i'm looking for a more raw production, like Streams of inferno, nothing super produced and clean sounding.

Zyklon! World Ov Worms is pretty raw.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:31 am 

Winterkald wrote:
Crypt666 wrote:

Wow. Just... wow. Way to act like your mental age is 1/3 of your declared age. (not talking to you Winterkald, you're an okay dude). Oh, and in case you didn't know, fony... is spelled phony. Damn the trolls have really been on a roll these last few weeks.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:48 am 

FleshMonolith wrote:

I've never really been into the industrial BM stuff, but Aborym perhaps?

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:41 am 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Winterkald wrote:
Crypt666 wrote:

Wow. Just... wow. Way to act like your mental age is 1/3 of your declared age. (not talking to you Winterkald, you're an okay dude). Oh, and in case you didn't know, fony... is spelled phony. Damn the trolls have really been on a roll these last few weeks.

Hehe like Satan is really god I'm just gonna take Troll as a compliment.

Being bored I really respond to these posts where I don't really have to I guess but can't help it. Hope it's meant funny and I'll reply for the sake of it.

Say you love Metallica and I might shout but it's (was) a good band (not that I listen in). Say you're into early Burzum I might cry but ok it's good music. Now tell me you totally love Marduk - Rom 5:12 for example and I seriously think you're a fake with your music, makes me feel it could have been any BM album and you have no idea what you're listening to yet. It's bad, really.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:01 am 

looking for stuff similar to a forest of stars, with violins (not mandatory) but with that also shrieking, chaotic style of vocals. Listen to God for an example of what I am after

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 am 

Crypt666 wrote:
MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Winterkald wrote:
Crypt666 wrote:

Hehe like Satan is really god I'm just gonna take Troll as a compliment.

Being bored I really respond to these posts where I don't really have to I guess but can't help it. Hope it's meant funny and I'll reply for the sake of it.

Say you love Metallica and I might shout but it's (was) a good band (not that I listen in). Say you're into early Burzum I might cry but ok it's good music. Now tell me you totally love Marduk - Rom 5:12 for example and I seriously think you're a fake with your music, makes me feel it could have been any BM album and you have no idea what you're listening to yet. It's bad, really.

Can you even read my fellow dutchman? I never wrote that I totally love that album I just wrote that I think it's an good (to be more precise excellent) album. I think that your arrogant behaviour here is really sad. Why trying so hard to be true? You are pretentious. Just because I like Rom 5:12 I'm fake? Go fuck yourself my friend.

Anyway, back to black metal recommendations :) !

GrimSleaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm 

I really enjoyed Arckanum's 2009 release PPPPPPPPPP as well as Ragnarok: Diabolical Age.
I enjoy a black metal band with bass that I can feel as it helps me sense the emotion behind the music. Does anyone know of any other bands with sounds similar to these two?
Also Armagedda and Spiculum Iratus have elements that I enjoy.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:

try this demo if you come across it.

Necropleasurist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:28 am 

GrimSleaper wrote:
I really enjoyed Arckanum's 2009 release PPPPPPPPPP as well as Ragnarok: Diabolical Age.
I enjoy a black metal band with bass that I can feel as it helps me sense the emotion behind the music. Does anyone know of any other bands with sounds similar to these two?

I've honestly not listened to either of those bands/albums, so I can't recommend something similar musically... but black metal bands with good bass:

Leviathan (US), Carpathian Forest, Aaskereia, Furze, Krallice, later Marduk, Krohm, and Watain.
Sorry if these are useless to you, I figured you wanted some great BM with bass that gives a emotional feel to the music.. so I gave you some.

GrimSleaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 am 

Necropleasurist wrote:
GrimSleaper wrote:

I've honestly not listened to either of those bands/albums, so I can't recommend something similar musically... but black metal bands with good bass:

Leviathan (US), Carpathian Forest, Aaskereia, Furze, Krallice, later Marduk, Krohm, and Watain.
Sorry if these are useless to you, I figured you wanted some great BM with bass that gives a emotional feel to the music.. so I gave you some.

I love Leviathan and Wrest's other work called Lurker of Challice. Carpathian Forest is ok but Its not really my cup o' tea. I cant say I have ever heard of Aaskereia, Furze and Krohm I will have to give them a listen If I can find it.

Necropleasurist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:24 pm 

Aaskereia is very bass oriented. Probably the main instrument in the band, actually. Listen to the song "Hexensabbat" and you'll see. Furze is a very strange and straight-forward BM band, but I recommend his album "Necromanzee Cogent". The bass is most present in this one, and is slower and more organized then the rest of his works.

For Krohm, I recommend the album "A World Through Dead Eyes". Slow and somewhat "doomy" depressive black metal band, but very unique. Has a heavy bass end and is a high quality release.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:09 pm 

The latest two Drudkh albums also had the bass very clear in the production. Something pretty unique for BM.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm 

GrimSleaper wrote:

Spite Extreme Wing from Italy use bass as a very prominent instrument. Its completely audible and very well played.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 142  Next