Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gallows_Hymn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 pm 

TooHuman wrote:
I was also subjected to Winds of Plague that summer.

Damn, that really sucks... :ugh:

I've never had a terrible concert experience, but I was definitely disappointed when I saw Vader back in December. They were awesome, and so were the bands that were with them (Except Rose Funeral, which over half the audience walked out into the hall for. I found that very satisfying.) However, I don't know why but for some reason the club owners were being retarded and decided to rush all the bands through just so they could get done. As a result, the warm up bands like Augury, Swashbuckle, The Amenta, and unfortunately Rose Funeral, got a pretty decent amount of songs in, but then Decrepit Birth and Vader played insanely short sets. I think Vader played something like 5-6 songs before the show was over. It was a pretty big letdown.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:11 pm 

TooHuman wrote:
The biggest non-metal disappointment so far has been Fuck Buttons, who I say in November or something. I love those guys, and maybe they just had a bad night, but I left feeling ripped off.

Had to have been an off night or something. They were ludicrously good when I saw them open for Mogwai. Probably the loudest set I've ever witnessed. Those sheets of white noise felt like they were coming from inside my own head.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:28 pm 

Gallows_Hymn wrote:
TooHuman wrote:
I was also subjected to Winds of Plague that summer.

Damn, that really sucks... :ugh:

I've never had a terrible concert experience, but I was definitely disappointed when I saw Vader back in December. They were awesome, and so were the bands that were with them (Except Rose Funeral, which over half the audience walked out into the hall for. I found that very satisfying.) However, I don't know why but for some reason the club owners were being retarded and decided to rush all the bands through just so they could get done. As a result, the warm up bands like Augury, Swashbuckle, The Amenta, and unfortunately Rose Funeral, got a pretty decent amount of songs in, but then Decrepit Birth and Vader played insanely short sets. I think Vader played something like 5-6 songs before the show was over. It was a pretty big letdown.

were the amenta good? im curious cause i never heard them live with their new singer

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:03 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
were the amenta good? im curious cause i never heard them live with their new singer

He sounds pretty similar to the guy they recorded n0n with. He sounded like a goblin with an Australian accent when he tried to talk to the crowd, though. :lol:

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 pm 

Gallows_Hymn wrote:
As a result, the warm up bands like Augury, Swashbuckle, The Amenta, and unfortunately Rose Funeral, got a pretty decent amount of songs in, but then Decrepit Birth and Vader played insanely short sets. I think Vader played something like 5-6 songs before the show was over. It was a pretty big letdown.

Reminds me of when The Black Dahlia Murder stole the stage for a billion songs, and Behemoth got to play something like 4 songs. I won't lie, TBDM was great to see, but I was really there to see Behemoth.

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:12 pm 

Brutal Truth show last April. The show from the start was a complete fucking mess. Opener was some shitty Slipknot rip-off from Buffalo, NY called Safety Off. Just reeked of nu-metal, they even had this disgusting Gothic chick singing. Complete shit. After that was an even worse band, a Hatebreed rip-off from Buffalo (whats up with these bands coming from Buffalo?) called 3 Minutes of Hate. Possibly the worst band I've ever seen live. The singer was a drunken mess and was berating the crowd the whole time. Completely pathetic.

After that was Rochester area band Abdicate, who normally do a set of decent brutal death metal and get the crowd into the show. Unfortunately, the venue didn't allow any moshing. So as soon as Abdicate starts a bunch of local kids start running around, and security stops them. These kids were friends with Abdicate, and when the people in the band saw this they packed up their things and left, along with some harsh words to the security at the venue. After that abortion was Sons of Azrael. They sounded like a promising band, but for whatever reason the sound quality at the venue was garbage. They just sounded like this harsh high-pitched noise. Oddly enough, the also came from Buffalo.

So after these four god awful sets, Brutal Truth finally came on. They played a lot of good stuff, but I was kind of disappointed. They played a ton of songs off their new album, which I don't really care for. Either way it was cool to finally see them live.

By far the worst show I've been to.

Gallows_Hymn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:54 am 

Mateilkrist wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

He sounds pretty similar to the guy they recorded n0n with. He sounded like a goblin with an Australian accent when he tried to talk to the crowd, though. :lol:

It's funny, but I had no idea the singer was different than on the album. He does sound really similar, and the band kicked ass live.

Insolent_Heretic
Torus Map Coloring Theorem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:06 am 

Killing Heidi. I was dragged along to a free concert by my dad when I was little. The band sucked and the bass player was a complete douche when I tried to talk to him. Hooper spent waaaaaay too much time jumping around trying to get attention and only managed to complete about three of the words to each song.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:41 am 

Mateilkrist wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

lol thanks i was kinda hoping they got a more brutal vocalist but still, i remember when i saw them live with the guy who recorded n0n when he was speaking i couldnt understand a thing he was saying :P

Cyrax666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:50 am 

Ribos wrote:
Cyrax666 wrote:
Here comes the hate but I have to say Insect Warfare.

My God, that was the sloppiest fucking show I have ever seen, not to mention boring.
Ah, so YOU'RE the one I have to set on fire!

Complaining about Insect Warfare being sloppy? Isn't that, like, complaining that Rush is too progressive? I mean, they ARE grindcore, which has its roots in punk, which is known for raw sloppy energy...

Nah, man it was more so that they didn't really even seem to care to be there. They played their songs terribly, just fucked off and that was it.

It certainly didn't feel like they did it to bring up the atmosphere, what I've read about them especially.

Why come to a country on basically the other side of the world and not even care? To tell you the truth, I didn't even think they were big enough to come here.

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:28 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
Mateilkrist wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

lol thanks i was kinda hoping they got a more brutal vocalist but still, i remember when i saw them live with the guy who recorded n0n when he was speaking i couldnt understand a thing he was saying :P

I was hoping they would too, but I'd say he's a good mix of Cesium 137 and Jarrod. Awesome guy to talk with, too.

DrFunkenstein
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 pm 

I'll assume that no one wants to hear about the Killswitch Engage concert I went to when I was first getting into metal, so I'll talk about the worst concert by a *good* band that I saw, which would be Megadeth. The first time I saw them, I was excited. The second time, I was mildly interested. The third time, Dave looked so bored and apathetic that it was really boring and made me want to leave and request my money back. Dave just doesn't care anymore.

SonsOfLilith
The Boy King of All Village Idiots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:22 pm 

Local band named Sophistafuck. Worst shit ever. Sounded like crap, beer was fucking expensive, sausage party, and no mosh pit. The worst I'd say was the beer, because the actual band would've been tolerable if I was drunk.

...bitches...

|Facebook | Myspace

SonsOfLilith
The Boy King of All Village Idiots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:26 pm 

DrFunkenstein wrote:
The third time, Dave looked so bored and apathetic that it was really boring and made me want to leave and request my money back. Dave just doesn't care anymore.

Of course he doesn't care anymore. After 20+ years of being told Metallica is better than him, that in every top 100 list he's always behind Kirk Hammet and James Hetfield, and people randomly shouting "FUCK YEAH, METALLICA" at him just to piss him off, do you think he would still want to care? I don't blame him if he kills himself tomorrow over it. Just watch his meeting with Lars Ulrich from Some Kind Of Monster, he gets so emotional about his band and Metallica, and the dysfunctional relationship between the two.

...bitches...

|Facebook | Myspace

ArciniuM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:29 pm 

Sophistafuck? Ouch.

My experience wasn't based on shitty performances or bands, it was sound quality. The last time I seen Cryptopsy the sound was SO bad I left, thanks partially to aunt Flo's sound distribution. The formula seemed to be drum performance=greatness > any other sound.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:33 pm 

Mateilkrist wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:
Mateilkrist wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

I was hoping they would too, but I'd say he's a good mix of Cesium 137 and Jarrod. Awesome guy to talk with, too.

cool thanks i hope he has Cesium 137's low vocals and Jarrods high vocals(which you could hear when he sung them live) that would be pretty much perfect glad he is good to talk to aswell i almost talked to Jarrod but i wasnt 100% sure it was him so i just kinda looked at him while he was looking at me.....it was weird :P

pyroleprechaun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 am 

I already posted about the Earth/Sunn O))) show, but an above post reminded me of last year's Summer Slaughter Tour.

Despite the obvious good bands that played, there was this horrible sequence of scene bands (Winds of Plague) and then Ensiferum played, so in order to avoid the upcoming dreadful hour and a half or so, I walked out (abandoning my friends lol) and went to a strip club, then came back and moshed for Suffocation :)

I was the only dude in a strip club filled with strippers just standing around, half-naked, waiting, and it was pretty tight.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:27 am 

In high school, I took my younger brother to see Six Feet Under, Chimaira, and 3 Inches of Blood. That was a terrible show. I did have nice long conversations with both Cam Pipes and Terry Butler, and both were incredibly nice...especially Terry. I think he took a real liking to me when I told him that the first song I learned on bass was "Dawn of Eternity" by Massacre, which of course he played on. :) So it wasn't all that bad. But the music wasn't my thing, and I wasn't old enough to order drinks.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:46 am 

Wrath_Of_War wrote:
In high school, I took my younger brother to see Six Feet Under, Chimaira, and 3 Inches of Blood. That was a terrible show. I did have nice long conversations with both Cam Pipes and Terry Butler, and both were incredibly nice...especially Terry. I think he took a real liking to me when I told him that the first song I learned on bass was "Dawn of Eternity" by Massacre, which of course he played on. :) So it wasn't all that bad. But the music wasn't my thing, and I wasn't old enough to order drinks.

I personally think the interplay between Pipes and his harsh vocalist is far more interesting live. When I spoke to him, he was nice enough, but didn't really seem all too happy to be there.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 am 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:

I personally think the interplay between Pipes and his harsh vocalist is far more interesting live. When I spoke to him, he was nice enough, but didn't really seem all too happy to be there.
I prefer their harsh vocalist on their first full length. After that, he changed his style for the worse...big time. He wore the same Deicide shirt as me though. He pointed at me after their set :lol:

Cam was really nice and laid back to me. Some fan walked up and asked him for an autograph...then he asked for mine! I said "uuuh...I'm not in one of the bands." He said "I don't care!" ...so I gave him my autograph! :lol::lol:

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:21 am 

I think I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again for the hell of it.

This wasn't really a show, more of a small gig at a local record shop. I went in to buy some CDs and over in a corner near the entrance a screamo band was playing. I ignored them and went to the metal section to peruse their wares. Finding nothing decent, I went back. By then a pretty good crowd was gathered around the band, and I shoved my way through them in an attempt to get to the door. However, as soon as I was about to leave, the vocalist grabs me by my shirt and starts screaming in my face. Naturally this startled the hell out of me so I punched him in the face, reflexively. Not really that hard, but enough to land him on his ass. In the ensuing chaos that followed, I got the hell out of there as quick as I could. Luckily nobody thought to grab me before I exited. Hilariously the vocalist was a good few inches taller then I was (I'm about 5'5", not impressive in the least).

Apart from that it's just been punk bands playing moderate sized venues with about five people hardcore dancing in the middle, which is pathetic in itself. Add a shitty, pop-punk band to the equation and it'll make anyone want to fuck off in a hurry.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:22 am 

Wrath_Of_War wrote:
Trashy_Rambo wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:

I prefer their harsh vocalist on their first full length. After that, he changed his style for the worse...big time. He wore the same Deicide shirt as me though. He pointed at me after their set :lol:

Cam was really nice and laid back to me. Some fan walked up and asked him for an autograph...then he asked for mine! I said "uuuh...I'm not in one of the bands." He said "I don't care!" ...so I gave him my autograph! :lol::lol:

lol that guy sounds legendary

Morbid89
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 am 

SonsOfLilith wrote:
DrFunkenstein wrote:
The third time, Dave looked so bored and apathetic that it was really boring and made me want to leave and request my money back. Dave just doesn't care anymore.

Of course he doesn't care anymore. After 20+ years of being told Metallica is better than him, that in every top 100 list he's always behind Kirk Hammet and James Hetfield, and people randomly shouting "FUCK YEAH, METALLICA" at him just to piss him off, do you think he would still want to care? I don't blame him if he kills himself tomorrow over it. Just watch his meeting with Lars Ulrich from Some Kind Of Monster, he gets so emotional about his band and Metallica, and the dysfunctional relationship between the two.

Man poor Dave, he's never got anywhere in his life, it's not like Megadeth are a world famous and very popular band that have sold millions of records. He'd have to be a retard to kill himself over the Metallica thing. He's a 48 year old man, he can deal with stuff, just ignore all the tabloid shit about him and Metallica. I saw Megadeth in 2008 and they played an excellent set, so he hasn't given up on the band or anything. (also Dave was number one in Joel McIver's book 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists, so your point is moot anyway)

As for the worst concert... I don't think I've ever been to a truely bad gig as a whole, but Trigger the Bloodshed are definitely the worst metal band I've seen live. To be fair to them they didn't have a bass player at the time, but even then the show was just boring as hell. Luckily it wasn't a complete waste of time as Ingested on the support slot did a great set, and it was a free gig anyway so I haven't lost out on any money haha. Trigger were very disappointing though, great example of a band not living up to the massive hype they get.

You know, every time I think I've heard the dumbest thing, someone comes along to correct that assumption.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:36 pm 

SonsOfLilith wrote:
DrFunkenstein wrote:

A little bit off topic but.. Dave just needs to grow the fuck up and let it go already. fuck it's been over 20 years and he's still whining about it.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

mgjerv
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:54 pm 

Evanescence played when I went to see Enslaved and Korn, back in '06 I think. It was damn awful. They complained because it was too warm, but Enslaved, who played before them had no problems putting on a hell of a show in the heat!

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:01 pm 

mgjerv wrote:
Enslaved and Korn

:???:

Was this some sort of festival?

DrFunkenstein
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:32 pm 

Ravenlord266 wrote:
SonsOfLilith wrote:
DrFunkenstein wrote:

A little bit off topic but.. Dave just needs to grow the fuck up and let it go already. fuck it's been over 20 years and he's still whining about it.

That's what happens when people let things fester for so long and don't do any work on clearly traumatic experiences.

craig09
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
You went to a Boris and Sunn O))) concert but you hate drone?

The worst show I've ever attended was a couple of years back when the girlfriend and I played chaperone for her then 16 year old sister and her emo (excuse me..."scene") friends at a Kill Hannah concert. If you've never heard Kill Hannah, imagine an extremely watered-down version of a Smashing Pumpkins ballad (y'know...the shitty kind from Machina or something) mixed with that horrible "I love The Cure but I think that they had dance beats in every song and also I have Down syndrome" variant of dance-punk revival that was really hip a few years ago. The band members were all wearing skinny jeans and had haircuts that looked like the bastard offspring of Flock of Seagulls and some emo kid with bangs, despite all of them looking to be in their late 30's. The emo kids went absolutely NUTS over that band. We had to stick around for like an hour and a half after the show ended because the emo kid that the girlfriend's sister had a crush on was waiting in this massive line to get his picture taken with this pathetic man-child.

Oh my word... I like some scene/emo stuff whatever you want to call it, but kill hannah are possibly the worsed band in the scene I have heard. I feel sorry for you having to sit through it :(

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:58 pm 

Mateilkrist wrote:
I'll be speaking on behalf of a friend.

He had started talking to a girl, and she told him that she wanted to go to a concert with him. Apparently it was some emo concert with a band called "The Cab" ( :scratch: ). He gets a ride there and my other friend and I don't hear from him for a few hours (He doesn't have a cellphone). Eventually my other friend gets a call from the girl, who tells him that she's leaving early and her dad won't give him a ride. Basically, his date was leaving him at a shitty emo concert he didn't even want to go to.

Later that night, we find out that she left because he was being standoffish with her and she was interested in my other friend (the one she called). So they become a couple that night.

Aren't friendships great when bitches come into the equation?

lucky your friend(the one with her sounds even less lucky) lucky for me im yet to have to go to a crappy concert because of something like that

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:08 pm 

mgjerv wrote:
Evanescence played when I went to see Enslaved and Korn, back in '06 I think. It was damn awful. They complained because it was too warm, but Enslaved, who played before them had no problems putting on a hell of a show in the heat!

Best/worst show ever!?

999Zoni666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 pm 

I had a friend who was in a "what he considered metal" band and they had a show coming up, so of course I wanted to go support him. They were the second band but I came when it first started just to see what I was in for.

Now, I'm the only one in this "metal show" wearing a band tee (Windir) and I'm pretty sure I was the only non-bi person there. Girls are walking around with tri-colored eye covering hair cuts, and I'm really not sure which ones were guys.

The first band goes up and as soon as they open with a frilly guitar riff and the lead singer starts screaming/whining I start dying laughing. Everyone turns around and glares at me and my friend flips me off. I couldn't believe I was stuck there at a scene show with all these kids I constantly make fun of. I couldn't stop laughing. Oh god it was awful. I watched my friend and ran out.

psycho_mantis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:38 pm 

Not the worst show i been too, but the worst band i have seen live was when Mastodon opened for Metallica.

All they did was standing still and play, they did not even talk to the audience.

bangoskank
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:08 pm 

When I "saw" 3 inches of blood and Evile.
it was being hosted at a small venue downtown, and the group i was with came about five minutes early.
we waited in line for a good 45 minutes (they hadnt begun selling tickets) and after a while the "bouncer" (some lame-ass indie guy) came out and told us that tickets were no longer being sold and only people with pre bought tickets could enter. considering they let in like 20 ticketholders, by this point there were A LOT of pissed off metalheads, being taunted by hearing Evile doing their setup/warmup. most of the mob hung around for about an hour yelling shit at the faggot bouncer and banging on the doors. they opened door for a while to let people buy merch, and we saw they had set up tables. (who sets up tables for a thrash show????) we left as they failed to let us in. place is called the habitat in kelowna. dont ever go there
*Fap fap fap fap fap*

Creepiest post I've read here so far. Well done.

King_Hands
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:32 am 

psycho_mantis wrote:
Not the worst show i been too, but the worst band i have seen live was when Mastodon opened for Metallica.

All they did was standing still and play, they did not even talk to the audience.

I saw them last year during their tour with dethklok. I didn't mind that they didn't say anything. It shows that they were entirely focused on playing their music.

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:59 am 

King_Hands wrote:
psycho_mantis wrote:

I saw them last year during their tour with dethklok. I didn't mind that they didn't say anything. It shows that they were entirely focused on playing their music.

This one time I saw Bob Dylan, he came out (by himself) with his guitar, sat down in a chair. Played for around 90-100 (ish) minutes. Then stood up and walked off stage. He never said a single word. I'm not even sure if he even acknowledged the audience at all.

Amazing show.

Revengeance
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:28 pm 

Any show at Worcester Mass' Palladium; just a roar of inaudible noise.

I also went to Gigantour the year the lineup included Overkill, Arch Enemy, and Opeth. Them and Megadeth were all awesome, but fucking Lamb of God, who got the second longest set, nearly put me to sleep. God I hate the -core movement.

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:10 am 

Tonight, I had my best and worst concert in the same night.

It was the Bound By The Road tour, and Thy Will Be Done opened. The music was typical modern metalcore/groove, and the vocalist kept saying the phrase "much respect" throughout their whole set. During their last song, they started playing the opening riff to Raining Blood. Really? You're going to plug a song everyone's heard a thousand times right into your own song just to get some cheap pops from the audience? Next please.

Goatwhore was next, and they were fantastic. Suffocation was afterwards, and I now have a new favorite live band. :p

Devildriver was last. Their mix was shitty, and Dez's mic would occasionally squeak and overpower the instruments. He said some stupid shit between songs as well, like "Suffocation are the ONLY death metal band worth listening to". :scratch: The musicians themselves were spot on, but Dez completely ruined it for me.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:36 am 

Mateilkrist wrote:
Tonight, I had my best and worst concert in the same night.

It was the Bound By The Road tour, and Thy Will Be Done opened. The music was typical modern metalcore/groove, and the vocalist kept saying the phrase "much respect" throughout their whole set. During their last song, they started playing the opening riff to Raining Blood. Really? You're going to plug a song everyone's heard a thousand times right into your own song just to get some cheap pops from the audience? Next please.

Goatwhore was next, and they were fantastic. Suffocation was afterwards, and I now have a new favorite live band. :p

Devildriver was last. Their mix was shitty, and Dez's mic would occasionally squeak and overpower the instruments. He said some stupid shit between songs as well, like "Suffocation are the ONLY death metal band worth listening to". :scratch: The musicians themselves were spot on, but Dez completely ruined it for me.

Dez has always been a moron i remember i almsot saw devildriver lucky i didnt

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:44 am 

Funny that the guy from fucking DevilDriver of all bands would try to tell people what music is and isn't worth listening to.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:53 am 

I've never been to a bad show (haven't been to very many though), but the one I saw last, in October, was the least awesome yet. (Evile/Entombed/Amon Amarth).

We stand out in the damp, freezing cold for the better part of an hour before we're let in. This was just a few weeks after Evile's bassist Mike Alexander died. No one knew for certain whether Evile would be playing live or not. So, we finally get in where it's warm. We then wait at the stage for one and a half fucking hours, looking at the roadies setting the stage up. They hadn't brought themselves a couple of nice metal CD's to pump us. Nope, instead they had put the radio on over the sound system. So there we stand, before the beginning of a metal gig, waiting for well over and hour listening to shit like Madonna and random pop-punk.

Finally something happens - everything goes dark, and everyone shouts in excitement. 20 seconds waiting, excitement dies. We wait another 20 minutes before the set really begins. Entombed come on, telling us that Evile have skipped out. As unfortunate as that was, the night was pure awesome after that. Except for the low volume. Leaving a semi-big metal show without temporarily reduced hearing is not acceptable.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next