Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:26 am 

Rippingheadache wrote:
Although not a regular here anymore, I'd like to thank Drowned for introducing me to a plethora of obscure, underground DM. Some pretty nice stuff he's written about.

:beer:

7IHd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 pm 

I already thanked them in the respective threads, but especially thanks again to:

Wretchedspirit for recommended Crom- Vengeance

Perplexed_Sjel for his many thought-out recommendations

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:39 am 

Like many others...
I have to thank Perplexed_Sjel. :) Hope your hand gets better, the reviews are great! Many bands I have found from you!

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:44 am 

HowDisgusting has that amazing list of Death Metal albums in his Last.fm journals. I've found tons of great stuff in those!

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:28 pm 

Testament used to be my favorite band, but Ultra Boris' reviews of Overkill have made me switch to them. He stated how badass they were in no uncertain terms, and I now own all of their albums. Thanks a bunch!

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:37 pm 

I don't remember everyone but I remember LokiGoddess posting some awesome bm on my rec thread, thanks. There was also HowDisgusting with his list as far as I remember.

Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:15 pm 

Mezentus wrote:
Like many others...
I have to thank Perplexed_Sjel. :) Hope your hand gets better, the reviews are great! Many bands I have found from you!

Thank you one and all. :) My hand is getting better and I'm not as busy as I was last month and since I've discovered a plethora of new bands/new albums (especially in the black and doom metal fields), I will try to start reviewing again soon.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:51 pm 

mikeyc knows death metal :thumbsup:

Pfuntner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:44 pm 

First things first, I have to thank UltraBoris for the Dark Angel review. While I'm not nearly as obsessed with thrash as a lot of other people here are, this album definitely did a lot to spark my interest in the genre outside of the big names.

Secondly, I'd like to thank all of the people involved in reviewing Pain of Salvation. Both the positive and negative reviews made the band seem extremely interesting and were a big part in my motivation to check them out.

Last, and most importantly, I'd like to thank all of my favorite reviewers for writing negative reviews for bands that are not worth my time, effectively keeping me from wasting my time and money. I salute you!

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:29 pm 

Thanks to theposega for his Devourment and Abominable Putridity reccomendations in my "Groovy Death Metal thread" I made last month. Best reccomendations so far.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:24 am 

Man, I really should have kept better track of who recommended what to me.

Anyway, I've gotta chime in on HowDisgusting's list. The '85-'96 Best of Death Metal list was his response to my post in the DM rec thread basically asking for an introduction to the genre. I've found so many good bands based on that list. The variety of bands on there is such that whatever your taste in death metal sub-genres, you're sure to find a good starting point with those bands. Not to mention that he was extremely friendly about the whole thing and has since recommended other bands based on what I've liked about the bands on that list. Thanks again, man.

Like others have pointed out, Perplexed_Sjel really gives some amazing recommendations.

caspian also gave me some good recs that have expanded my doom horizons.

Though he didn't directly recommend them, Noktorn's Jungle Rot reviews got me interested in that band, which isn't really mentioned much on the forums (that I've seen, anyway).

Recently, FleshMonolith showed me Fleshpress, which I'm already really digging.

MetalHearted
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:44 pm 

I have to thank wigglygore and Noktorn for indirectly showing me a bunch of great brutal death metal.

Operative_Word
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:48 am 

Thanks to whoever posted the Iskra, Nest, Mytra, and to Witcher for posting the Scott Mosher albums. Also, I think the person who posted the Nest also posted JT Bruce so thanks for that.

MOTGLchris
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:49 pm 

Well, i would personally like to thank the whole board for completely turning my taste in music around. Before coming across this site, I was absolutely clueless and ignorant to good music. Heck, I'll prove it... My uncle was trying to get into metal and wanted to know some genres, so I made him a list. and on this list I had...

Death metal:Job for a Cowboy
Brutal Death Metal:Suicide Silence
Black Metal:Bring Me the Horizon
Thrash Metal:Winds of Plague
Classic Metal:Nickelback.

XD...

If it weren't for this site, I never would have been inspired to pick up another instrument. The people on here really opened my eyes to some incredible music. Thanks to you all!

Melmoth_the_Wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:38 am 

Another 'HowDisgusting for President' vote here.

I saw his stuff on LFM first under Baltech; and I'm slowly working my way through the kvlt death metal swamps. I mean I had never heard Autopsy before!

May your sword stay wet like a young girl!

LeeKiing26
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:43 pm 

First off this is a really cool thread idea, and i think it's awesome that someone gave a shout out to Ultra Boris! haha.

I wish i would have made a mental note of who I got rec's from, but i know about a month or two ago somebody requested bands that sounded similar to Coldworld, so I decided I'd better listen to Coldworld.....amazing.

Orcivus, Nae'blis, and Dead Congregation are other spectacular bands i've founf lately from these rec threads. From here on out Imma try to remember names! and give out more Recs, the only band so far that I actually got some peeps to listen to was Fleshgod Apocolypse, before the debut was released. Gonna have to build a better resume :)

RelentlessEwok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 pm 

To whoever originally recommended Clad in Darkness, thank you very much. I love that band, even if they do have only like 4 songs haha.

TeRRorBld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:11 am 

I want to thank Empyreal for introducing me to Arch Nemesis! Amazing band (:

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:19 am 

I would like to thank wigglygore for helping everyone (including me) in the grind thread.

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:26 am 

Thank you to a good friend of mine, aptly named Misainzig, for getting me into Visceral Evisceration. Great band.

Thanks, buddy!

prznmtlhed93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:37 pm 

Much thanks to Angry_Malmsteen for recommending Skeletonwitch, I'm enjoying Beyond the Permafrost very much! :thumbsup:

Tyrre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 pm 

Thanks to 16th6toothson, howdisgusting and Wet pussy (aka megahassan) for basically running the DM help thread. I wouldn't be listening to 1/20th of the Death Metal I am right now without you guys.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:19 am 

I want to say it was Empyreal who first rec'd Crystal Viper, though I can't say for sure. If not, you know who you are, and thanks a heap!

Last edited by Trashy_Rambo on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:21 am 

Tyrre wrote:
Thanks to 16th6toothson, howdisgusting and Wet pussy (aka megahassan) for basically running the DM help thread. I wouldn't be listening to 1/20th of the Death Metal I am right now without you guys.

I'm still basically a n00b compared to those guys but thanks anyway :)

MEMEME
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:55 am 

Well, its been awhile I guess... I'd like to thank the following:-

Hassan, the16th6toothson, Junpo, morbert, AudioslaveRaj666, saintinhell, LokiGoddess, Hunger4HumanFeces, Ribos, the Roman's list on obscure death metal, a few guys from the 'Doom/Stoner help thread' oh and definitely the reviews here on the 'archives' ... \m/

OHH and did I mention the 'Death Metal Help Thread' :) :D!!!

Trust me guys these guys are very helpful (in their own way) and their musical expertise on different genres will guide you in the right way...

Also, I would like to mention a couple of local friends, here in Bombay aswell...

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:56 am 

Kudos to Grimmenfrost, who rec'd me 1349 and Watain, now my favourite bands, when I was just in the beginning of what will become a massive journey into black metal.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

balkonas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:56 pm 

I thank the guy that suggested Morgana Lefay !

bleedmetal77
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:53 am 

I started a thread a while back asking for interesting bands that weren't DM or BM, it got deleted for some reason...probably due to being too vague...Anyways, in that thread someone recommended Agalloch to me and I want to thank them because I have not been able to stop listening to them since!

Valamir
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:23 am 

A big no thanks to that faggot failsafeman, whose tender butthole I apparently hurt so much when I shut him down that he locked my thread. I feel sad for you, buddy, enjoy being a "dictator" in cyberspace and a failure as a human being. If only you got laid as many times in your entire life as you have posts in one day.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:50 pm 

Valamir wrote:
A big no thanks to that faggot failsafeman, whose tender butthole I apparently hurt so much when I shut him down that he locked my thread. I feel sad for you, buddy, enjoy being a "dictator" in cyberspace and a failure as a human being. If only you got laid as many times in your entire life as you have posts in one day.

:lol: I'm clearly the butthurt one in this! Apparently he missed the part that I locked his thread because he was trying to sneak back after getting banned on another account...

Complexity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:18 pm 

Whoever recommended Pokolgép is a true hero. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name. Regardless, they're a great band with a very thorough discography. Thanks. :D

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:25 am 

An enormous thanks to whoever it was that triggered off all that discussion about The Chasm. I'm pretty sure it was either Avaddon or HowDisgusting but whoever it was, thanks a lot.

Ohh and Mikey for Strapping Young Lad. Alien still blows me away.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:13 am 

No problem, mate. :) It's definitely a great album.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 pm 

I don't know if he'll even read this thread, but a huge thank you goes out to moka for introducing me to a lot of different bands, and for letting me buy a lot of obscure CD's. The bands he's opened my eyes to is immense. Sadus, Kaamos, Theory In Practice, Carcariass, Torchure, Symbyosis, Jumpin' Jesus, Algophobia, Excision, Augury, Prejudice, Rest In Pain, Luciferion, Disciples Of Power, and the list goes on and on and on. Thanks a lot, mate! :thumbsup:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

alexlovestheredchord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:57 pm 

seriously thanks to whomever the benevolent individual was who recommended to me Lykathea Aflame!
They are really something else..
CHEERS!

Scrabsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:08 pm 

Thanks to Empyreal for mentioning Morgana Lefay. This is truly some amazing stuff.

Luisangel91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:55 pm 

I would have to thank every poster that posted their recommendation in the black metal help thread, as I read it all and found a lot of awesome stuff.

~Guest 160745
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 pm 

I'd like to thank the DM thread and their felatio of Ulcerate. Decided to check them out and have to say its superb stuff.

~Guest 111864
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:27 pm 

Thanks Doomsday for recommending Abysmal Grief.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 pm 

Thanks to Jonpo for recommending Shub Niggurath, MercyfulSatyr for Cenotaph and Sanaton for Yogth Sothoth.These bands slay.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next