Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Jackoroth686
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:26 pm 

Okay so I've been driving a lot and will be doing even more so soon, I usually drive by myself.

I'd like some good driving music, strange request but music that gets you hyped up and makes you want to drive faster (even though I shouldn't)

Can be any genre besides poorly recorded 'kvlt' metal or power metal (I will accept some on VERY exceptional circumstances though!)

An example of great driving music is mid era Anthrax and King Diamond's The Ripper.

Can anyone help me out?

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:33 pm 

Motorhead is for you. Well heavy metal in general, Laaz Rockit's city's gonna burn is an album I always thought to rock a lot, probably good while driving. Metalucifer must be good too, there's a track called heavy metal highway rider on their last labum. But back to Motorhead, your safest bet must be Ace of Spaces then Bomber and Orgasmatron. Abigail's Forever Street Metal bitch kind of always reminded me some kind of heavy metal, rocking attitude, thought it would be great for driving too and it's mostly really fast thrash.

But it's a VERY broad description, so much albums can fit in. I think some thrash with gang shouts would be good too as Atrophy.

Jackoroth686
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:37 pm 

I should have mentioned really catchy metal but yet extreme metal.
Motorhead would get a spin but not really what I'm after, stuff like Mortuary Drape, early Cannibal Corpse etc.

TyranTReX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:39 pm 

Alestorm is great fun to drive to, if you're into scottish pirate metal.

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:46 pm 

Jackoroth686 wrote:
I should have mentioned really catchy metal but yet extreme metal.
Motorhead would get a spin but not really what I'm after, stuff like Mortuary Drape, early Cannibal Corpse etc.

Then old thrash would do it, Sodom's first thrash albums should be great for it as the Abigail album I mentioned. All catchy and fast. I can't think of much death metal right now but I know a bunch of the more catchy type. Maybe Benediction's Transcend the Rubicon, old school british dm.

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:18 pm 

Wow, I came in here to say Mortuary Drape, haha! Nice :D

Personally, I don't drive, but if I were... this is what I would listen to.

Altars of Madness - Morbid Angel
It has that evil, wicked atmosphere, relentless riffs, and sickening vocals that just make you drive for hours with this album on repeat.

Municipal Waste is a good one if you like to drive fast on an empty straight away or highway.

Mayhem's "Deathcrush" is a good one. Short, but energizing. De Mysteriis is also a possibility..

Hmm... I think that Deathspell Omega would be quite interesting as well.

I wish I could help more, but I don't drive, so I have yet to experiment with this.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:31 am 

Down's NOLA.

Menschenfeindlic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:32 am 

behemoth-Slaves Shall Serve (:
this song will make you feel like you're playing drums and then you star to move your feet like you're playing double bass ,but then the problems happen :D
but for real try metallica-astronomy
that's what came to my mind

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:10 am 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Motorhead is for you. Well heavy metal in general, Laaz Rockit's city's gonna burn is an album I always thought to rock a lot, probably good while driving. Metalucifer must be good too, there's a track called heavy metal highway rider on their last labum. But back to Motorhead, your safest bet must be Ace of Spaces then Bomber and Orgasmatron. Abigail's Forever Street Metal bitch kind of always reminded me some kind of heavy metal, rocking attitude, thought it would be great for driving too and it's mostly really fast thrash.

But it's a VERY broad description, so much albums can fit in. I think some thrash with gang shouts would be good too as Atrophy.

Definitely Motorhead and Atrophy. Also, 70's Judas Priest has a lot of awesome driving songs, also Dio-era Rainbow might be good?

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

Reply to topic