Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 pm 

Story goes he fell out off the 3rd story of a building and hit his head on impact.

RIP Saul "Goat Destroyer" Martinez, may you forever rape the angels in heaven.

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:43 pm 

When did this happen? This is the second drummer they've lost.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 pm 

Nolan_B wrote:
When did this happen? This is the second drummer they've lost.

This past saturday from what I can gather.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:32 pm 

I believe it happened Friday or Saturday. I don't know what happened. All I've heard is that he fell. I unfortunely never got to meet him personally, but I know alot of guys in Texas black metal bands that did. Hellhound from the band Demonium is pretty depressed about it. "The Evil Onit" from the band Obeisance is just devastated. He keeps posting myspace bullitens with pictures of the two together, and long messages in Spanish about him.

Blackthorn from the band Thornspawn is organizing a concert in his memory, and is donating all the proceeds to Goat Destroyer's wife and little baby girl. He has organized all 9 of the "Sacrifice of the Nazarene Child" festivals, so I have no doubt that this will be successful. The concert will be in Mexico City, and then he'll try to organize one more in San Antonio, or possibly Houston (because almost all San Antonio "metalheads" suck. I can say that, I lived there for 19 years).

:EDIT: I just talked to Ghoat from Father Befouled. He said that he heard Goat Destroyer was leaning against a balcony, and it gave way. I just saw the first post, and put two and two together. What a damn shame.

Hail Raped God
Hail Genocide
Hail Morbosidad
Hail Blood Reaping
Hail Goat Destroyer! RIP

gila_monster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:49 am 

That's fucked. That's just a day after Morbosidad played here (Vancouver), albeit with a different lineup.

R.I.P.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 am 

Oh man, that's sad news. I haven't heard much Morbosidad, but I liked what I heard. Really sad. D.E.P.

Luisangel91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 am 

i cant believe it, first it was yegros and now goat destroyer (R.I.P)

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 pm 

Check out his band Raped God. I love Morbosidad, but I really love Raped God. Good stuff.

brightfield
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:44 pm 

Shit, I actually like this band.

Yes it is the real Goat.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:12 pm 

I read recently that this was a hoax perpetrated by the band. Apparently he is still alive...

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:14 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
I read recently that this was a hoax perpetrated by the band. Apparently he is still alive...

This is fucked up if true. Who does he think he is, Nattramn?

daemon_necromaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:15 pm 

RIP...

I read on the NWN forum that he had an accident at work (he was an elevator technician).

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:16 pm 

This is totally untrue and offensive. I know 5-6 people that were very close to him.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:17 pm 

Wrath_Of_War wrote:
This is totally untrue and offensive. I know 5-6 people that were very close to him.

It was posted on NWN Prod board that is was a practical joke. At least that was what I had read, I actually hope he is not dead but if he is I guess I will go back to feeling bad.

Last edited by cultofkraken on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:17 pm 

Wrath_Of_War wrote:

So he's alive for sure?

daemon_necromaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:21 pm 

I wouldn't expect Morbosidad to start a soap opera...

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:22 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:

It was posted on NWN Prod board that is was a practical joke.
No offense to you at all, but this is untrue. My friends in Thornspawn, Demonium, Father Befouled, and Obeisance were all very close to him, and wouldn't joke about something like this. There is even a tribute concert being helda. It is in developing stages, and will be held completely in his honor.

Nolan_B wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:

So he's alive for sure?
No. He's dead for sure. I swear, on my vinyl collection. I can't believe there are people out there that would want to start rumors and drama surrounding this.

Last edited by Wrath_Of_War on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:23 pm 

Wrath_Of_War wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:

No offense to you at all, but this is untrue. My friends in Thornspawn, Demonium, Father Befouled, and Obeisance were all very close to him, and wouldn't joke about something like this. There is even a tribute concert being helda. It is in developing stages, and will be held completely in his honor.

It's not an offense to me at all. I am just regurgitating what I had read. I am disappointed it wasn't a hoax, because I would feel better if he was still with us. Back when I was in Tyrants Blood we had discussed with Morbosidad about doing a tour together. Sad times.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:

It's not an offense to me at all. I am just regurgitating what I had read. I am disappointed it wasn't a hoax, because I would feel better if he was still with us. Back when I was in Tyrants Blood we had discussed with Morbosidad about doing a tour together. Sad times.
I know, I hear ya. It would be nice if he were still with us, but unfortunately, he is not. Thats cool that you were in Tyrants Blood (I didn't know that), and that you were in touch with Morbosidad. Too bad that tour never happened, for your sake, because they put on a great show. I hope this, and all of Saul's bands decide to continue. They were all great.

The_Goat_Christ
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 pm 

Actual footage of his death:

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:28 pm 

Wait about 5 years before making these gifs.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:54 pm 

The picture doesn't show up on my computer. Must be on photobucket or some other site that is blocked at work. I can only assume that its immature and inappropriate, and if you have nothing worthy to contribute, go somewhere else.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 pm 

Wrath_Of_War wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Wrath_Of_War wrote:

I know, I hear ya. It would be nice if he were still with us, but unfortunately, he is not. Thats cool that you were in Tyrants Blood (I didn't know that), and that you were in touch with Morbosidad. Too bad that tour never happened, for your sake, because they put on a great show. I hope this, and all of Saul's bands decide to continue. They were all great.

I'm also hoping Morbosidad continues along with all of his other bands. The band went on hiatus when their first drummer died, and if I recall it was mostly him and Tomas at this point, that makes it a bit tough. =/

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:38 pm 

mentalselfmutilation wrote:
if I recall it was mostly him and Tomas at this point, that makes it a bit tough. =/
I believe this is true, but they have a live lineup. They just toured Mexico with Thornspawn, Obeisance, and Manticore just last month

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.