Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NecroFile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:22 pm 

I just read the news on Blabbermouth. I'm a big fan of this band, and since Jorn is widely regarded as their best singer, this is great news!

Although I'm not sure how this is gonna work out. Jorn is booked out with live shows until early August, and he has a new solo album coming out around the same time that he'll have to promote. I thought we were getting new Masterplan + world tour in the middle in 2009.

I guess Roland knows what he's doing...

cataclysm69
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:31 pm 

and working on the next avantasia i presume.. its gonna be a busy year for him...

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:59 pm 

That's a shame, Mike DiMeo did an exceptional job on their last album.

MuffinMan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:24 pm 

Aeronautics was weak and it had Jorn on vocals. I'm not lloking forward to a satisfying result.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:49 pm 

Jorn is good, but this a little disappointing. Since riot got Tony Moore back it looks like Mike DiMeo is going to have to start from scratch.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

NecroFile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 am 

Is now the time for a DiMeo solo album?

In my reviews I was initially a DiMeo defender, but as time progressed I realised that Jorn is by far a better singer. I'm not familiar with Riot but DiMeo's voice sounded quite thin and quavery on MkII. I think he'd be better off in a jazz band than a power metal band.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:13 am 

ah this is good news. Jorn has always been one of my favorite singers :)

bladerunnerblues
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:16 am 

Hot damn.
But,Uli is no longer in the band,right?What about Roland?

PsyMoN_MDA
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:01 am 

Guess it's great, for me. I like his job on Aeronautics.

Abbath wrote:
Have an ice day!

NecroFile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:11 am 

Quote:
But,Uli is no longer in the band,right?

The story I've heard is that Uli and Roland broke up their friendship with fights over money and touring, and that Uli half left/half was kicked out. Roland said he doesn't talk to him any more.

NecroFile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:29 am 

Holy shit, I just read an interview on the Jorn forum that reveals why Jorn left the band in the first place.

Quote:
"Jorn Lande, the singer who left Masterplan during the writing process of MK II, is back on the old nest. The frontman left because he couldn't get along with drummer Uli Kush. Because of Kusch's leaving in 2006, there are no obstacles anymore for the return of Lande.

So much for Jorn leaving because of "musical differences".

timtheenchanter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:51 am 

Who is going to front Jorn now?? I hope its someone decent. lolz.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:55 am 

timtheenchanter wrote:

Probably Lance King. *shrug*

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:22 pm 

timtheenchanter wrote:

Sorry, but are you really that stupid? Jorn is still going strong. They'll release a new album in June. And after all, IT IS JORN'S BAND! I don't think they would continue without him.

Quote:
Hello dear fans,

In the coming days some official news regarding the new singer will be posted here. The Band is very sorry for the long waiting but things could not be done differently... thanks for your patience!

Concerning the message from Aardshock magazine, it doesn't come from the Band and we have to mention that it is not true that Jorn left the band because of Uli.

The Band.

I see this as a confirmation. If it wasn't Jorn, they would've said that it wasn't Jorn.

NecroFile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 pm 

It's fucking incredible that this was announced in a German magazine in January and up until now nobody knew. Surely there must have been ONE Jorn or Masterplan fan who subscribed to Aardshock magazine and also posts on English message boards.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:05 pm 

NecroFile wrote:
Holy shit, I just read an interview on the Jorn forum that reveals why Jorn left the band in the first place.

Quote:
"Jorn Lande, the singer who left Masterplan during the writing process of MK II, is back on the old nest. The frontman left because he couldn't get along with drummer Uli Kush. Because of Kusch's leaving in 2006, there are no obstacles anymore for the return of Lande.

So much for Jorn leaving because of "musical differences".

Musical differences is a generic cover for not getting along with someone else in the band. It's usually used when a person either doesn't want to alienate everyone in the band over one person (like in this case), or if someone likes to keep up the appearances of being professional. Even though some bands seem to be able to stay together forever, being in a band together for 3 or 4 years can get rough, it's almost like getting a new brother or sister that you may or may not still get along with after the first tour or recording session.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 pm 

NecroFile wrote:
It's fucking incredible that this was announced in a German magazine in January and up until now nobody knew. Surely there must have been ONE Jorn or Masterplan fan who subscribed to Aardshock magazine and also posts on English message boards.

1. Ardschock comes from the NEtherlands
2. What? I've searched the internet about news since Mike DiMeo left. I found nothing.

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:37 pm 

And I have to correct OP. The Masterplan Album will be out September/October. And I think they've canceled the plans for the world tour. The last time they've talked about touring it was about a few festivals.

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:39 pm 

Empyreal wrote:

That is not a shame. Mike DiMeo is a good singer bit a very bad replacement for Jorn.

NecroFile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:52 am 

Quote:
And I have to correct OP. The Masterplan Album will be out September/October. And I think they've canceled the plans for the world tour. The last time they've talked about touring it was about a few festivals.

Where did you hear that?

Quote:
2. What? I've searched the internet about news since Mike DiMeo left. I found nothing.

That was my whole point.

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:33 am 

NecroFile wrote:
Quote:

Where did you hear that?

One member of the Masterplan forum wrote an E-Mail to Roland. Roland answerd and the member posted the E-Mail in the forum. The E-Mail said that the album will be out in September/October. And about the festival thing: In one of the two updates (I can't remember if it was the late 2008 or the january 2009 one) he said that they'll do some festivals. Nothing about a big world tour and a DVD.

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 am 

NecroFile wrote:
Quote:

That was my whole point.

What? I am confused. Do you mean that nobody reaised that DiMeo was gone since January or that the news about Jorn's return are out since january?

If it is the first: I think every Masterplan fan knew about it months earlier. There was an E-Mail from Mike DiMeo publushed in september 08 the Masterplan forums in which he wrote that he wasn't working with the band anymore. It just took them very long (as usual) to publish this.

And if it is the secound thing: This was just a roumor until the Ardshock leak and the indirect confirmation from the Band yesterday.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 am 

Ragehead91 wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

That is not a shame. Mike DiMeo is a good singer bit a very bad replacement for Jorn.

No, it is a shame because MK II was very good, and I don't care much about Jorn or anything he's done - I'll probably check out the other stuff sometime though.

NecroFile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:07 am 

Yeah sure, everyone knew DiMeo was out of the band, but Jorn was apparently back in the band starting from January, which was definitely a secret well kept considering it had been discussed in a magazine.

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 am 

NecroFile wrote:
Yeah sure, everyone knew DiMeo was out of the band, but Jorn was apparently back in the band starting from January, which was definitely a secret well kept considering it had been discussed in a magazine.

In what magazine? What are you talking about?

NecroFile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:34 am 

Apparently Jorn's return was announced in a magazine called Aardshock in January, but it only blew up on the internet a few days ago.

It's anyone's guess how Aardshock found out.

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:53 am 

What? They published that in January? What the fuck? I mean, seriously?

Anyway, the band has published a statement:
Quote:
Hello dear fans,

In the coming days some official news regarding the new singer will be posted here. The Band is very sorry for the long waiting but things could not be done differently... thanks for your patience!

Concerning the message from Aardshock magazine, it doesn't come from the Band and we have to mention that it is not true that Jorn left the band because of Uli.

The Band.
Posted on 23 Apr 2009

This is what I call indirect confirmation. They said that the article doesn't come from the band and that Jorn didn't leave because of Uli.

However, they didn't deny that Jorn is back. I think it is 100% now that he is infact their new singer.

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:05 pm 

Oh Jorn, you vocal wonder. It's good to see him back with Masterplan.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.