Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Smeg_head
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:12 pm 

Probably the Goblin Soundtrack in Dario Argento's 'Suspiria'. Other than that, most G.G.F.H tracks.

King_Freyr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:15 am 

There's some W.A.S.P. lyrics that creep me out?

Sionis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:42 am 

Altars of Madness album always give me the creeps, it sounds so evil.

Also Sun O)))'s Black One album, fuck that shit is weird and creepy.

Also Electric Wizards Come my Fanatics..." album has a creepy essence, like there's the end of the world approaching.

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:29 am 

Sionis wrote:
Altars of Madness album always give me the creeps, it sounds so evil.

Deliciously creepy, mainly "Lord of Fevers and Plague", probably the best song off of the album.

Lurker of Chalice are also pretty damn good to listen to at night.

balkonas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:31 am 

Every Sun O)))'s song creeps me out

Alaphlosiam
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:18 pm 

Draconis' cover of Morbid Angel's "Evil Spells" is creepier - sure, it doesn't have David's awesome hiss, but the song goes slower, and this really creepy wail plays in the beginning. The original isn't creepy as much as it is catchy - it has a good, fast pace with a groovy main riff.

Draconis' vocalist's vocals also "echo" (produced by layering, maybe? I don't know this stuff), which adds creepiness to some level.

Edit: This isn't to say, of course, that the cover is better or anything.
Do you realize that more Americans were killed by Great White than by the Iraqi Army in Gulf War 1?

Terroristo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:24 pm 

maybe God of the emptiness cause when i was living with my mother she used to hate that song she always found it creepy and always asked me to change it but she never minds about any other metal song

Alaphlosiam
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:29 pm 

Terroristo wrote:
maybe God of the emptiness cause when i was living with my mother she used to hate that song she always found it creepy and always asked me to change it but she never minds about any other metal song
Yeah, definitely this.

Also, anything off Nespithe (by Demilich) creeps me out. The vocals are awesome, but they also churn my stomach. Goddamn, if they don't sound like someone neck twisting off their body while they try to grunt for help.
Do you realize that more Americans were killed by Great White than by the Iraqi Army in Gulf War 1?

TheOptimist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:26 pm 

Mütiilation on their first two albums sounds pretty fucking intense and creepy to me. Whenever I hear the opening notes of, for example, To the memory of dark countess, all kinds of disturbing images appear to my mind and I can't stop them...It's always very creepy experience but yet I feel somewhat relaxed after listening to those songs.

Khanate-Too Close Enough to Touch is very, very horrifying too. First time I listened to it, I remember being completely in shock and even some kind of trance. It's very bleak, not for the timid.

And last but not least comes Suicide and their masterpiece Frankie Teardrop. Even though not metal(well, I don't see Khanate as metal either), the song is so fucking disturbing atleast to me. It didn't give me even any relaxed, clean feeling after listening to it, just unexplainable anxiety. Very minimalist song about man who kills his wife and his kid. Recommended.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2