Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SilentDeceiver
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 am 

morbert wrote:
spectreofdeath wrote:
worst band of the big four.

Nope, Megadeth as far as I'm concerned. No Megadeth album comes even close to Spreading The Disease & Among The Living i.m.o.
It all comes down down to personal taste. And besides, all Big-4 turned shit during the nineties.

Agreed, in the 90's they all flunk. But Anthrax is awesome, Among The Living was great but for some strange reason I prefer Fistful of metal.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:29 pm 

SilentDeceiver wrote:
morbert wrote:
spectreofdeath wrote:

Nope, Megadeth as far as I'm concerned. No Megadeth album comes even close to Spreading The Disease & Among The Living i.m.o.
It all comes down down to personal taste. And besides, all Big-4 turned shit during the nineties.

Agreed, in the 90's they all flunk. But Anthrax is awesome, Among The Living was great but for some strange reason I prefer Fistful of metal.

Maybe because it's better?

SilentDeceiver
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
SilentDeceiver wrote:
morbert wrote:
spectreofdeath wrote:

Maybe because it's better?

Well according to all the hype Among The Living is receiving, is certainly not. I do believe that Among The Living is a great album and I could see where people are coming from but I do think that fistful of metal is a bit better.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:53 pm 

Fuck the hype.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:22 pm 

I enjoy Anthrax's first 3 albums, especially their first 2. About ''Among the Living'', I think it's a enjoyable catchy thrash metal album. It's a bit overrated in my opinion, but contains some good tracks such as the self titled track, ''Cought in a Mosh'', ''I am the Law'', ''Indians'' and ''Imitation of Life''. (Catchy as fuck!)

Smeg_head
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:02 pm 

Anthrax are brilliant. They're first 4 albums are excellent examples of fantastic and powerful thrash. I think Joey always suited being Anthrax's front-man, although he isn't the best of vocalist's, he made up for it with his stage presence, attitude and energy. They are brilliant live aswell, still probably one of my best gigs.

MetalFRO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:32 pm 

MorbidEarth wrote:
Persistence Of Time is my favourite Anthrax record. Among The Living is good too but I've always liked POT more. State Of Euphoria is also better than people often say it is and that album really needs a re-evaluation. The Bush era is mostly decent with Sound Of White Noise being the best album from that period. I don't have much interest in the band now that both Bush and Belladonna are gone.

Agreed. "Persistence" is (for me) their highlight, while TSoWN was a worthy follow-up, and proof that John could hang. After that, however, their records seemed somewhat directionless. I appreciate diversity & experimentation as much as the next guy, but the later stuff didn't work for me that much. From what I've heard of the new stuff (YouTube videos, mostly), I think they've been relegated to also-ran status, and will never regain the "glory days" of their mid-late 80's period. But still, a good band & one that will most likely continue to be underrated.

rooster85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 am 

MA says that I'm the man EP was released before Among The Living. But ATL was released in march, so only months that Ep could be released were january and february. Also I'm the man has a couple of live versions of songs from ATL, so it would be their premiere on EP, not on Among The Living what would be strange. Was I'm The Man EP really released before Among The Living?

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 am 

rooster85 wrote:
MA says that I'm the man EP was released before Among The Living. But ATL was released in march, so only months that Ep could be released were january and february. Also I'm the man has a couple of live versions of songs from ATL, so it would be their premiere on EP, not on Among The Living what would be strange. Was I'm The Man EP really released before Among The Living?

The "I'm The Man" EP came after ATL. The song however had been released earlier on the B-side of the I Am The Law EP.

But the "I'm The Man" EP here on MA only has the year-of-release mentioned, not a specific date

Maglor666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 pm 

Anthrax just Rocks. But i still dont think they are 100% Thrash. It's like a bit of a mix between Thrash and punk. Real Thrash is Destruction or Dark Angel from my Opinion.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4