Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:31 am 

Don't they already....?

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:41 am 

This strikes me as a bit weak compared to Kill, and it lacks that ripping guitar tone that Kill had. A passing grade, but nothing fantastic.

GrimNorthernKingdom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:10 pm 

I DL'd CC when it first leaked then bought the CD. It's no better or worse than any other CD... but I have always had a special place in my heart for them! =P

The_Velvet_Kevorkian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:48 pm 

I didn't really have any expectations for the album, it's out now isn't it? The band used to have catchy songs for death metal... most of the tracks on the new album are pretty interchangable.

A couple things since Kill have turned me off to CC...

One, I interviewed Alex W. during the Kill US tour and he had the whole rockstar attitude and got a bit snippy especially when I brought up Jack Owen leaving and Cover art, not saying he was a total jerk or anything, just kind of felt like I was getting talked down too

Two, what happened to the kickass CC cover art, Kill's cover was lamer than lame and the new album is just as lame..

666metal666head666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:55 pm 

Listened to the whole album on their myspace and hated every track. No words needed for this one.

Bezerko wrote:
This strikes me as a bit weak compared to Kill, and it lacks that ripping guitar tone that Kill had. A passing grade, but nothing fantastic.

It sounds EXACTLY like Kill....

BastardHead wrote:
I loved Walls of Jericho, but hated the first two Keepers albums and The Dark Ride, so I just assumed that everything else sucked. After Better Than Raw and Gambling with the Devil kicked my ass so hard, I vowed to never make an assumption like that again.

I've seen your review on Six Feet Under's Commandment...talk about fucking contradiction.

slammysamman wrote:
ONLY FUCKIN BRUTAL GOREGRIND SLAMSHIT GRAVITY BLASTIN PUNCHGRIND BEATDOWN GRINDBONG BEERSLAM SICKPIT BRASS KNUKLE BRUTALITY SHIT IZ FUCKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:40 pm 

to those who compare it to Kill and say both it's not as good or sounds just like it:

i think it's pretty different in many ways to Kill, it's much more controlled, it's hookier, it's less intense-but has more of that Cannibal Corpse "feel" i think Kill was missing, the production/mix/master is WAY more organic than Kill, it also is MUCH gorier than Kill... i think with Kill they tried to hard to be technical, tried too hard to have a modern sound, tried to hard to NOT be gory etc... but this one feels more like "A Cannibal Corpse album" which is what/all i wanted. I personally feel it's a step down for all the right reasons and sounds more like a logical followup to The Wretched Spawn was than Kill was.
however i VERY MUCH miss Jack's smoother, classier style. It's up to Barrett to fill the void of "feeling songs" (in contrast to Pat & Alex going for TECHNICAL!!! MUST BE COMPLEX! AND TIGHT AND TECHNICAL!!! TECHNICAL!!! TEEEECHNICAAAAL!!!!!!!!) and he just doesn't haha (at least not the way he could and should be pushed to)... although once again his song is easily my favorite on the album

in a perfect world, Rusay would have never left, what i REALLY miss is stuff like Butchered at Birth :(

i like this new Cannibal Corpse though, probably more than anyone else here haha!!!

morfumax
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:05 pm 

I like it more.

been spinning it nonstop since I got it.

666metal666head666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:29 am 

@ the16th6toothson

I myself strongly think the production on Evisceration Plague is EXACTLY the same as on Kill. The only difference I can even think of between these two albums (or between the new CD and any other cannibal corpse album after Vile) is that Evisceration Plague lyrics have become different...trying to talk about witchcraft and stuff...what the hell, their lyrics have now become moronic as ever! I almost passed out of laughter while reading Priests Of Sodom lyrics...:lol:

But I do agree 100% that Bob Fuckin' Rusay shouldn't have been fired! He was one amazing guitarist! Everyone remembers how this band had some GREAT riffs in Eaten Back To Life, Butchered At Birth and Tomb of The Mutilated? Thank Bob Rusay for that! He came up with all those kick-ass riffs :nods:

And to make it clear for everyone, I do not like ANY cc albums after Tomb Of The Mutilated.

slammysamman wrote:
ONLY FUCKIN BRUTAL GOREGRIND SLAMSHIT GRAVITY BLASTIN PUNCHGRIND BEATDOWN GRINDBONG BEERSLAM SICKPIT BRASS KNUKLE BRUTALITY SHIT IZ FUCKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:47 am 

I personally miss the off-beat Jack Owens songs more....

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:12 am 

Eh I didn't like it, but I thought I'd give it a chance

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:31 pm 

Lyrici17 wrote:

actually, YES i really do miss those. His songs MADE Gore Obsessed & The Wretched Spawn

to 666metal66head66blahblahblah
no offense but i find most of your Cannibal Corpse opinions to be fools gold
Rusay wrote VERY little of Tomb of the Mutilated by the way-not much of his riffs are found outside of "Split Wide Open" Jack had a heavier hand than anyone in that one
and you don't dig Vile or BloodThirst!?

back to Evisceration Plague...
this one is addictive, VERY addictive.

TheDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:46 pm 

Agreed, the new Cannibal Corpse is very satisfying to my ears. I felt very left down after hearing Kill and this kind of makes up for it. I was at first thinking that this was the best album in 11 years. But honestly, I do enjoy Gore Obsessed, Gallery of Suicide, Wretched Spawn and Bloodthirst a lot so I don't know.

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:00 am 

This has been one of my most favored albums to be released in 09 so far.

666metal666head666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:55 am 

the16th6toothson wrote:
Lyrici17 wrote:

actually, YES i really do miss those. His songs MADE Gore Obsessed & The Wretched Spawn

Rusay wrote VERY little of Tomb of the Mutilated by the way-not much of his riffs are found outside of "Split Wide Open" Jack had a heavier hand than anyone in that one

Actually I don't think Jack was the one coming up with so many ideas. I mean, compare The Bleeding to any of the older albums, you can EASILY see Rusay's absence in the riffs and that Rob Barret is having the main impact. Also if you compare The Bleeding and Vile to Gallery Of Suicide (Pat O'Brien replaced Barret) the difference is very notable. Jack did record pretty much all the tracks since he was the stronger rhythm player but Rusay made up all the cool riffs.

Vile and Bloodthirst? Hah! Vile is the worst "death metal" album I've ever heard and Bloodthirst is just like every other Cannibal Corpse album. Probably their most over-rated crap.

slammysamman wrote:

thornsentwine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 am 

Solid album! :drool:
But, I am kinda dissapointed with the album cover..

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:58 am 

the16th6toothson wrote:
to those who compare it to Kill and say both it's not as good or sounds just like it:

i think it's pretty different in many ways to Kill, it's much more controlled, it's hookier, it's less intense-but has more of that Cannibal Corpse "feel" i think Kill was missing, the production/mix/master is WAY more organic than Kill, it also is MUCH gorier than Kill... i think with Kill they tried to hard to be technical, tried too hard to have a modern sound, tried to hard to NOT be gory etc... but this one feels more like "A Cannibal Corpse album" which is what/all i wanted

I agree with most of what you said, but the faster drumming didn't feel organic to me at all.

diabolikon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:52 am 

I don't care for Cannibal Corpse all that much, but the song "Evisceration Plague" is quite cool.

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:28 am 

666metal666head666 wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
Lyrici17 wrote:

Actually I don't think Jack was the one coming up with so many ideas. I mean, compare The Bleeding to any of the older albums, you can EASILY see Rusay's absence in the riffs and that Rob Barret is having the main impact. Also if you compare The Bleeding and Vile to Gallery Of Suicide (Pat O'Brien replaced Barret) the difference is very notable. Jack did record pretty much all the tracks since he was the stronger rhythm player but Rusay made up all the cool riffs.

Vile and Bloodthirst? Hah! Vile is the worst "death metal" album I've ever heard and Bloodthirst is just like every other Cannibal Corpse album. Probably their most over-rated crap.

I'm talking about songs like "When Death Replaces Life" and "Festering in the Crypt", which I'm pretty sure Jack Owen is credited as writing....

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:12 am 

Lyrici17 wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
Lyrici17 wrote:

I'm talking about songs like "When Death Replaces Life" and "Festering in the Crypt", which I'm pretty sure Jack Owen is credited as writing....

indeed he did, my two favorite songs from BOTH albums
he also wrote Dormant Bodies Bursting which is excellent
Eaten from Inside which is monumentally good
Nothing Left to Mutilate which is one smooth infectious number
and a plethora of others on the latter albums i rank as some of their better songs (The Spine Splitter and Raped by the Beast crush and smoke respectably)

...haha i had a long statement directed to 666metaletc etc etc but brick walls are awful conversationalists ;)

666metal666head666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:56 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
Lyrici17 wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
Lyrici17 wrote:

and a plethora of others on the latter albums i rank as some of their better songs (The Spine Splitter and Raped by the Beast crush and smoke respectably)

...haha i had a long statement directed to 666metaletc etc etc but brick walls are awful conversationalists ;)

Well of course Jack did write some of the songs but what I mean is that he never had that huge impact in the band's instrumental sound in general. Jack remained in the band when Rusay was fired and Barret replaced him, as well as when O'Brien replaced Barret...and yet their riffing style changed quite a lot every time the other guitarist changed. Too bad they never change for one bit when the line-up remains the same....
Festering In The Crypt...that's one awesome song. In fact it's the ONLY real good song I've heard from the later Cannibal Corpse albums (they do have couple other decent songs like Sentenced To Burn but Festering is their only stand out track).
When Death Replaces Life actually sucks. Who the fuck came up with the idea to add those goddamn blast beats there? They don't fit in the already mediocre song at all and they totally ruin it!
Dormant Bodies Bursting is pretty damn generic though it does have that interesting section in the middle but Eaten From Inside and Nothing Left To Mutilate just blow IMO...The Spine Splitter and Raped by the Beast are like every other CC song.

And is that last line an insult attempt? :lol:

slammysamman wrote:

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:12 pm 

Raped by the Beast is an awesome song!
And also Vile is amazing :).

Last.fm

CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:04 pm 

I might be beneficial to have a catchall leak thread.

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:29 am 

the16th6toothson wrote:
Lyrici17 wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
Lyrici17 wrote:

Well of course Jack did write some of the songs but what I mean is that he never had that huge impact in the band's instrumental sound in general. Jack remained in the band when Rusay was fired and Barret replaced him, as well as when O'Brien replaced Barret...and yet their riffing style changed quite a lot every time the other guitarist changed. Too bad they never change for one bit when the line-up remains the same....
Festering In The Crypt...that's one awesome song. In fact it's the ONLY real good song I've heard from the later Cannibal Corpse albums (they do have couple other decent songs like Sentenced To Burn but Festering is their only stand out track).
When Death Replaces Life actually sucks. Who the fuck came up with the idea to add those goddamn blast beats there? They don't fit in the already mediocre song at all and they totally ruin it!
Dormant Bodies Bursting is pretty damn generic though it does have that interesting section in the middle but Eaten From Inside and Nothing Left To Mutilate just blow IMO...The Spine Splitter and Raped by the Beast are like every other CC song.

And is that last line an insult attempt? :lol:

I personally think Cannibal Corpse's general riffing style/sound has stayed pretty consistent throughout their entire catalogue....

OMGItsEvy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 pm 

thornsentwine wrote:
Solid album! :drool:
But, I am kinda dissapointed with the album cover..

Damn artwork reminds me of album covers made off of MS Paint. :lol:

Anyway, I'll give this album a listen as soon as possible since I liked what I heard from their s/t track.

bsm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 pm 

you fagits, why dont you buy the album

death234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:53 pm 

I bought the cd and thought it was good and am glade to see that at least one death metal band from that time is still making good music.:hail:

Morbidreich
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:54 pm 

Kill didn't impress me much and Evisceration Plague isn't a big departure but I think it's a more memorable disc overall. It's not "classic" Cannibal Corpse but its good for a modern corpse album.

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:10 am 

I'm gonna try and get this when I have some more money and I'm gonna get the CD/DVD version, only because it has the bonus track (which I always try to get) and since the CD/DVD version is the only version I can get it as. And then I'll try getting more CC when I'm legally allowed to buy it.

XagieX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:29 am 

Yes it leaked!!!! and it's pretty damn good!!!!

666metal666head666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:16 pm 

XagieX wrote:
Yes it leaked!!!! and it's pretty damn good!!!!

Umm your post is over a month late....

slammysamman wrote:

666metal666head666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm 

death234 wrote:
I bought the cd and thought it was good and am glade to see that at least one death metal band from that time is still making good music.:hail:

:durr: Oh please dude....

slammysamman wrote:

sprintcarfan2007
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:06 pm 

I think its a great album. I am a big Cannibal Corpse fan, so I really like it.

monstor344
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:21 pm 

Redundant, formulaic, just like all Corpse. But hey, it works and it's not bad as far as background music goes. Just nothing to obsess over.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:14 am 

haha, I obsess over these guys anyways. The lyrics are like little stories for each song, great to get into, imo.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:54 am 

To me, all the old death metal bands(c.corpse, deicide, obituary), all the newer album covers have been dumb.
Alex said with Kill, that he wanted the music to speak for itself and mentioned that The Bleeding didnt have art. Well, the cover looks like rotting flesh.
deicide- everything after earache has looked stupid and ironically, in torment in hell, i think, has the most offensive cover to it.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:45 am 

death234 wrote:

I am glade to see that we have people like you on the forum.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

bsm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:15 pm 

thejuicebitch wrote:
death234 wrote:

True Death Metal Fans Right There

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:29 pm 

The_Velvet_Kevorkian wrote:
I didn't really have any expectations for the album, it's out now isn't it? The band used to have catchy songs for death metal... most of the tracks on the new album are pretty interchangable.

A couple things since Kill have turned me off to CC...

One, I interviewed Alex W. during the Kill US tour and he had the whole rockstar attitude and got a bit snippy especially when I brought up Jack Owen leaving and Cover art, not saying he was a total jerk or anything, just kind of felt like I was getting talked down too

Alex hasn't acted like a "rockstar" a single day in his life. I've been talking to the guy for the last 5 years and this is so far from the truth it's unreal. Maybe the subjects you were bringing up were lame and the questions you were asking were painfully repetitive. A lot of interviewers for CC are EMBARASSINGLY unoriginal bastards who ask stupid questions that have been asked for the last 4 years or longer.

cloud197
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 pm 

bsm wrote:
thejuicebitch wrote:
death234 wrote:

True Death Metal Fans Right There

I Know Dude Isn't It Crazy? Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every New Word!?

But over all I liked the album, thought it was solid and catchy, It's defiantly something I could listen to more than once and not get bored, but there is of course a few stand out tracks that I know I'll get addicted to.

ThaBrutalestGutterol
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:48 pm 

It leaked and it sucked. Big deal.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3