Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
headnhalf1981
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 pm 

Just thought I'd start a new thread for people to post up pitures of their collections as it was just mentioned in the recent purchases section. Everyone spends the whole time discussing metal but half the fun is just looking at it as it fucking looks great :)

Post up pictures of your whole collection or just the items that you're proud off, hidden gems etc please try to keep the images a resonable size so it's not streaching the page.

If this is too 'Tavern' like please can one of the mods move it

Here's my babies:

DisruptioN
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:54 pm 

thats fucking awesome dude.

Lepernicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:56 pm 

Nice collection. Where'd you get that shelf for the records? I need to upgrade mine.

TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:00 pm 

WOW looking at your collection makes me feel like a little bitch. How long have you been at it? Fuck, and where do you buy vinyl? I'm really having one hell of a time getting Bathory LPs, other than picture disk.

headnhalf1981
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:11 pm 

I get most of my vinyl from charity shops, record fairs or ebay but I've made a point of never spending over £20 on any one release so most of my stuff I've bought for cheap, it's just a case of being patient. I've not been buying vinyl for too long on and off for 5 years but CD's I've been gathering up since I was about 12/13 (I'm 27 now).

In answer to the question about the CD shelves I got them from a UK company who advertise in Classic Rock, Mojo etc I think they were called RED Shelving or something, although I can't find their website anymore. The shelves were pretty expensive (£700) as they're metal and essentially all one piece of welded steel. I bought them with my Grandads inheritance so it wasn't to bad and my thinking was it'd be a good investment as I'll never have to buy any again in my lifetime.

The vinyl shelving is made of a couple of these stacked up:
http://www.i-cubes.co.uk/

rathofgod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:18 pm 

............DANG!!!!!!!!!!

There's no way I'm postin' mine after that
A measly little half of a tiny shelf is all I have, and I don't really own anything super kvlt that I really want to show off (other than Seance's discography, that is). 'Course I've only been at it for 10 months, but still...

headnhalf1981
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:25 pm 

Somone else please post something because as at the moment it looks like I'm all like:
"look at me and my massive collection, aren't I so cool and amazing, you're all n00bs with tiny peni" when I'm not I'm a bespeckled idiot who doesn't have anything else to spend his wages on apart from cat food and copies of Fortean Times magazine.

ensiferum2k
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:25 pm 

I have some ghetto shelving, so I'll just post some pics of my fave gems instead

ty moka, emperor, juan, igor, peterott, etc for telling me about these kickass bands.

headnhalf1981
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:27 pm 

I want all of those CD's please give them to me.
Thanks

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:32 pm 

I have to ask the OP:

How long have you been collecting?

ensiferum2k
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:34 pm 

headnhalf1981 wrote:
I want all of those CD's please give them to me.
Thanks

willing to western union some money? It's 100% safe, trust me :>

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:35 pm 

TheJizzHammer wrote:
WOW looking at your collection makes me feel like a little bitch. How long have you been at it? Fuck, and where do you buy vinyl? I'm really having one hell of a time getting Bathory LPs, other than picture disk.

this.

headnhalf1981
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:36 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
I have to ask the OP:

How long have you been collecting?

Since I was 12/13ish (now 27).

5ealchris
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:39 pm 

SHOW OFF!!!!!!!!

Though if I had collection that big I'd probably make a thread about it also.

TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:41 pm 

I'll see if I can snag my dad's camera and grab some pics of my collection, which is rather modest right now but I'm lettin' it grow. I've got over 300 CDs, maybe 150 of which are metal, and around 30 LPs, maybe 20 of which are metal. I've been collecting for almost two years and pretty much expect to be on your level in a few years. I love metal and I love collecting.

powermetalian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:45 pm 

Ive always stood by the premise of quality not quantity

headnhalf1981
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:46 pm 

5ealchris wrote:
SHOW OFF!!!!!!!!

Though if I had collection that big I'd probably make a thread about it also.

It's not meant to be a thread about my collection, it's about everyones regardless of size, like ensiferum2k above those 10 CD's in his collection are fucking sweet. It makes a change to look at pictures of great CD's and other peoples collections rather than just talk about them.
I know most people on here probably go straight to someones CD collection when they go round to their new house (and judge them accordingly).

norilor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:51 pm 

Meh, your collection is not that good in comparison with some others(Still good collection in comparison with average metal collections for size and rarity). I am waiting for Peter Ott to flood this thread with all his rarities. My collection is very good but I don't like to show off with pictures etc. I also don't want all these pm's from people who want to buy the tapes/LP/cd in my collection. Ensiferum2k has a good collection of death(from the pics he showed), I know some people are desperately looking for that Magnus cd.

Last edited by norilor on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:52 pm 

I'll see if I can't find a way of taking a few shots of mine. I was half-going to show off the new shelf a little in the latest attempt at a picture thread.

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:54 pm 

Woah. I just mega failed after seeing all that. My pics will be up soon.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:59 pm 

Impressive stuff. Are all the cds metal Deadhalf or do you have other genres in there as well?

The_Kreator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:30 pm 

lol. I have, maybe one shelf of yours, if I'm lucky xD

I have a lot of stuff downloaded, though...

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:46 pm 

The OP has a very, very impressive collection. I've said it before that I'm not a vinyl collector, but I am damn impressed by that. All those CD's are drool worthy.

I do agree with the guy who said it's quality over quantity, but you can't help but be a little envious of a collection of that magnitude.

In saying that, here is my collection as it stands today:

I'll post some of my prized possessions another time, when we get camera batteries that are decent.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:04 am 

Good thread. I'll be sure to post up some photos sometime in the future if my girlfriend will let me borrow her camera.

My collection isn't very large, and i don't have many notables or rarities, but what I have is a decent set of stuff. I've just started collecting vinyl, so i'm getting a lot of essentials as i go. A few classics/essentials I just settle for cassette tape versions as well. I'm big fan of LP and cassettes over CD.

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:13 am 

Insane cd collection there! Really nice vinyl too. I have about 900 cd's myself, about 500 are metal, best part is i got most really cheap on ebay so if i sold em id make quite the profit on some of em. Ill post pics of them tommorow.

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:17 am 

I couldn't fit them all into the one shot, but whatever.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:51 am 

Leechmaster wrote:
I couldn't fit them all into the one shot, but whatever.

Your shots are always my favourite. Possibly because you have a lot of stuff in there I like. :)

Anyway, it's actually the camera that's stuffed, not the batteries. I managed to get one shot in of my prized possessions. Some rarer than others, but all awesome.

For those that care:

TOP ROW: Cerebrum (Grc) - Cerebrum; Adenine - Govern The Unaligned; Tortured (Aus) - Demo 2009; Infestdead - Killing Christ; Incantation - Onward To Golgotha (1st press); Krhoma Death - Grating Into Corpse

2ND ROW: Scrambled Defuncts - Hackled In Gore; Scrambled Defuncts - Catacomb Abattoir; Dissymmetry - Part One; Dissymmetry - Part Two; Jumpin' Jesus - The Art Of Crucifying; Pre Mortem - False Gleam

3RD ROW: Whourkr - Naat; Whourkr - Concrete; Sadus - Swallowed In Black (1st press); Dichotic - Collapse Into Despair; Instrumetalist - Solus Bruit; Kodiak - Kodiak demo; Algophobia - Algophobia

4TH ROW: Neuraxis - Imagery (1st press); Obituary - Cause Of Death (1st press); Aborted - The Purity Of Perversion (1st press); Rotting Head - Backwardness; Gorguts - Obscura; Coram Lethe - Reminiscence; Vital Remains - Let Us Pray (1st press)

5TH ROW: Requiem - Formed At Birth; Damnable (Hol) - Orgy Of Epidemics; Orgone (US) - Accumulator; Aspid (Rus) - Extravasation; Ketha - III-ia; Excision (Hol) - Dreamality; Destruction - Cracked Brain (1st press [unsure if there are other presses])

BOTTOM ROW: Five Star Prison Cell - The Complete First Season; Wormfood - France; Anatomy (Aus) - Twisting Depths Of Horror; Darkspace - Dark Space I; Darkspace - Dark Space II; Darkspace - Dark Space III

There are a couple of others, but that's most. I'll probably post some of my favourite albums at a later date.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:52 am 

When and where the hell did you get Cause of Death?

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:54 am 

i see you were browsing the Metal Archives when you took that picture, MikeyC :)

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:54 am 

Leechmaster wrote:
When and where the hell did you get Cause of Death?

Trading board, my friend. ;) I poke around there sometimes and find some cool shit that people are selling. It was only last week or so that I received it, so I haven't had it for that long.

EDIT:
Eurnonymous wrote:
i see you were browsing the Metal Archives when you took that picture, MikeyC :)

I was. ;)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:19 am 

Old photo of my rack, and is now about 20discs short of being filled. I have just under 700 discs in total.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:29 am 

headnhalf1981 wrote:
I get most of my vinyl from charity shops, record fairs or ebay but I've made a point of never spending over £20 on any one release so most of my stuff I've bought for cheap, it's just a case of being patient. I've not been buying vinyl for too long on and off for 5 years but CD's I've been gathering up since I was about 12/13 (I'm 27 now).

In answer to the question about the CD shelves I got them from a UK company who advertise in Classic Rock, Mojo etc I think they were called RED Shelving or something, although I can't find their website anymore. The shelves were pretty expensive (£700) as they're metal and essentially all one piece of welded steel. I bought them with my Grandads inheritance so it wasn't to bad and my thinking was it'd be a good investment as I'll never have to buy any again in my lifetime.

The vinyl shelving is made of a couple of these stacked up:
http://www.i-cubes.co.uk/

Thats a nice collection, but really english charity shops sell good metal CDs and LPs? I have never bothered going into them before i just get most my stuff off ebay. I'll post a picture of my collection up its around 400 CDs and a couple of LPs and tapes.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:34 am 

if that works correctly, let me know and i'll post more...

but if you have myspace just go here:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=2498355

maybe later i will post "favorites/rarities"

hellhippie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:38 am 

Some sabbath all vertigo originals and rares(many more not pictured, my pride and joy the backbone of any metal collection)
Beherit ....... nuff said (couldnt locate my split 7" with death yell)
Archgoat stuff (repress angelcunt pic disk inside black and white cover)
some relatively rare older shit
The THRONE COuldn't locate my first uafm and under a funeral repress shown) Image
this was fun enjoy ,,, too many pica i know but i ain't going through my wholecollection ,,, btw awesome collection everyone
Demons, devils, dark spirits
From church horror tales
The hordes of dead roar...

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 am 

Thats a nice collection, but really english charity shops sell good metal CDs and LPs? I have never bothered going into them before i just get most my stuff off ebay. I'll post a picture of my collection up its around 400 CDs and a couple of LPs and tapes.[/quote

There used to be a CHRISTIAN book shop were I live that also dealt in secondhand music, I can remember getting Possessed"Beyond The Gates, Sabbat "History Of A Time To Come", Bathory, Venom etc from it! Some of these places dont know what they are selling, so they are a good place to find rare gems that cost fuck all! Not good with computers so not sure how to transfer pictures,my collection must be around 3000 cds, maybe 200 - 300 cassettes and 100 - 200 records, all original, takes a lot of cash! On a similar previous thread someone posted pictures of their collection and I think they had around 10000cds :shock:, they most have owned a fuckin record shop!

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:14 am 

I'm not posting my collection here after seeing all of yours, especially the OP. Not a lot of kvlt stuff, so quality isn't really there, have about what, 50-60, so quantity isn't there either. I blame the area I live in for being crappy :( There's only one store which I visit on a frequent basis, and it gets new shipments really slowly. I do my best though :/

screamingstatue
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 am 

powermetalian wrote:

Heh, jealous much?

Really impressive pics, OP, I had a look at your metal collection on your profile as well and it's jawdropping. I call a duel with AUTOPSY_666!

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:21 pm 

These threads are very inspiring. I've only been into metal and purchasing it for about 2 years now but I think I'm working on a pretty decent collection. The problem with mine is I skipped a lot of fucking classics and went straight to the underground. This leaves me owning Shub Nigguraths full discography while not having a single Priest album. I'm working on filling in the gaps though. I have a shitty camera but I might try to snap off some shots tomorrow after work.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:21 pm 

screamingstatue wrote:
powermetalian wrote:

Heh, jealous much?

Really impressive pics, OP, I had a look at your metal collection on your profile as well and it's jawdropping. I call a duel with AUTOPSY_666!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
hahaha YAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
noway, not even... the Original Poster and I are close, (though i don't collect vinyl) and lemme tell you... once John posts his collection you'll realize, even if me and the OP put our collections together, he'd still have some stuff we just won't have...

though i am proud to say i do in fact have some things he *doesn't* have

AUTOPSY_666/John of Pathos Productions is the bar by which all collections are measured by, and we all fail... ALL OF US
(except maybe Roy Fox/Necroharmonic Productions... i wanna see what he has!)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.