Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
cfvk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:06 pm 

so glad they started writing music again after their last two turds..i've been playing the shit out of this.

DenialFiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:18 pm 

Indeed. Their music rules. :thumbsup:

necropsyunit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:15 am 

they should try another damn studio,they last albums basicaly sound the same ,its kind of boring and predictable to leasten them now even musik is different from an album to another

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:05 pm 

Just as a side note, it's possible that what was envisioned for the original Memoria Vetusta II ended up becoming the Children of Maani project, which was released almost at the exact time Dialogue with the Stars was originally expected to emerge. Several points of discussion included in the Russian interview linked earlier in the thread (http://valhalla.stillclouds.com/blutaus.htm) show up in the Children of Maani track titles, and judging by Vindsval's mental direction at the time (or what one might guess of it with what shreds of information we're given), it seems plausible. Particularly in the light of how little Mystical Beast resembles the ambition he's describing in the interview, it seems like perhaps Children of Maani was the fruit of the initial explorations of the concept for Dialogue with the Stars, which was then possibly put into hibernation until such time that Vindsval's skill and vision had evolved to a level suitable to realizing what he truly had in mind for M V II.

Any thoughts?

MasticateTheNecro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:49 pm 

Blut Aus Nord wrote:
This time you won't find any industrial sounds or disharmonies on the album.

Am i the only one who thinks that statement sucks ass? One of the few bands that uses dissonance to any measurable degree, cuts it out.

livercage wrote:
..but what did the mind actually mean behind the meaning of pointing out the point...

gigel2006
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:45 am 

I've not much to add but "The Meditant (Dialogue With The Stars)" is one excellent song. I like the others too but this one doesn't feature the blast beats + neawww (guitar tone)+ not so good riffing formula that the others have. The other songs have their moments as well.

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Just as a side note, it's possible that what was envisioned for the original Memoria Vetusta II ended up becoming the Children of Maani project, which was released almost at the exact time Dialogue with the Stars was originally expected to emerge. Several points of discussion included in the Russian interview linked earlier in the thread (http://valhalla.stillclouds.com/blutaus.htm) show up in the Children of Maani track titles, and judging by Vindsval's mental direction at the time (or what one might guess of it with what shreds of information we're given), it seems plausible. Particularly in the light of how little Mystical Beast resembles the ambition he's describing in the interview, it seems like perhaps Children of Maani was the fruit of the initial explorations of the concept for Dialogue with the Stars, which was then possibly put into hibernation until such time that Vindsval's skill and vision had evolved to a level suitable to realizing what he truly had in mind for M V II.

Any thoughts?

I listened to the Children of Maani material after I read your comment above, and I must say that it is indeed very similar to 'Memoria Vetusta I.' The 'Veil of Osiris' EP was also very good, so I really don't understand why he couldn't finish the project and release it as a Blut Aus Nord record.

I also discovered that Blut Aus Nord had another project called 'The Eye', and he actually released a full-length album called 'Supremacy' in the year 1997, while 'Veil of Osiris' was released in 1998. Could it have been possible that 'Supremacy' was the original Memoria Vetusta II? Personally, I hope not because that record was extremely slow and boring.

Intresting opinion by the way, and thanks for mentioning it. That Children of Maani EP was really fucking good.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:17 pm 

Someone posted a review and stated

Quote:
On the other hand, there are many things I could have never expected from a BAN album, but ended up working in great ways. For example, the clean passages. Yes, that's right, this album has many clean guitar passages which make for a nice calm moment between storms of relentless black metal.

Ultima Thulée had both clean passages and ambient passages. Not very unexpected.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3