Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:07 am 

Wow, and I shelled out $17 only to have half the show taken away. I feel so fucking stupid right now.

Did this significantly improve the Mastodon tour or hurt The Haunted? In all honesty I don't care about either band but I feel like Mastodon stole money from me.

EDIT: They're now touring with The Agonist. God help us all.

Last edited by TheMancubus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:21 am 

I just saw that, did you buy presale, or did you go to the show already? Because you could likely return the tickets still at this point in time if you have presale.

----------------
Now playing: Cannibal Corpse - Unleashing The Bloodthirsty

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:42 am 

I said that I don't really care for either Intronaut or Kylesa. I'm just pissed that I bought a ticket for four bands and now I'm seeing two and maybe a shitty local band.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:49 am 

TheMancubus wrote:
I said that I don't really care for either Intronaut or Kylesa. I'm just pissed that I bought a ticket for four bands and now I'm seeing two and maybe a shitty local band.

My post didn't address you liking either band; I was basically just asking if you were pissed enough to get your 17 dollars back since the price-per-band just doubled.

----------------
Now playing: Cult of Luna - Owlwood

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 am 

I'm not that pissed since it means that The Haunted will get a longer set and Peter Dolving and the Bjorler Bros are fucking awesome. At the same time, this comes right after my hookup with a goth ex-cheerleader not happening due to her sleeping all day over at her parents house in the suburbs. So yeah, it's like bad news on top of bad news. No fucking someone who was a cheerleader when she was in high school and now some shitty local band is probably going to open for The Haunted.

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:17 am 

I would say that Intronaut, Kylesa, Mastodon would make for 1 awesome psychedelic concert but thats just me. Im actually excited for this tour and Im hoping to catch it.

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:18 pm 

A friend of mine is taking me to Mastodon (although I'm trying to win him over to Paganfest) so I'll probably still catch those bands anyway, but still, stealing bands from another tour is kind of low.

Last edited by TheMancubus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cfvk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:20 pm 

both are mediocre .. but i can see where you'd be pissed about the haunted being bumped..they are 'more metal' i'd say.

don't crucify, just my opinion =P

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:32 pm 

So I actually just got a Myspace message from Peter Dolving himself. Replacing Kylesa and Intronaut is.... The Agonist!!!!!!!!!

http://vadercoaster.ytmnd.com/

Fuck them, fuck their shitty weak guitar tone, fuck their reused riffs that I
've heard form a bazillion other metalcore and melodeth bands, and fuck the fact that they double track the vocals live with a recording live Ashlee Simpson-Wentz style. The breakup of SYL and Gorguts couldn't kill Canadian, metal, the death of Piggy couldn't kill it, the lack of new material from Blasphemy and Razor couldn't kill it, but my god, The Agonist killed Canadian metal.

WebOfPiss
Myopic Void

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:28 pm 

TheMancubus wrote:
Intronaut is beyond horrible. I had to sit through a 45min set of theirs during the summer. My ex got incredibly pissed at me for that, not that I blame her.

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:43 pm 

WebOfPiss wrote:
TheMancubus wrote:
Intronaut is beyond horrible. I had to sit through a 45min set of theirs during the summer. My ex got incredibly pissed at me for that, not that I blame her.

Dude, as bad as Intronaut is, The Agonist is worse.

RandyJames16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:54 pm 

the agonist are horrible. I have no idea how they got to open for Enslaved during their Fall 07 tour.

I'm glad that Mastodon took Kylesa and Intronaut because Mastodon are one of my favorite bands and I haven't seen them since early 07 (which was a superb performance), I like Kylesa, and I think Intronaut are cool. The Haunted have their moments, but I wouldn't spend my money to see them headline when there are a lot of better tours happening during the Spring.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 pm 

Do tickets for this show only cost $17 to begin with? 4 bands or 2 bands, stop complaining because you're now seeing two less bands for that much.

$17 for a show with bands as big as Mastodon or the Haunted is a pretty good price. I'd think those shows would be more in the $25-30 range regardless who else was on the bill.

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:13 pm 

$17 for four bands.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:15 pm 

TheMancubus wrote:
$17 for four bands.

And now it's $17 for two bands? Big deal. There's plenty of shows that go for twice as much with the same amount of bands. Relax.

godofgomorrah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:25 pm 

here in amsterdam i paid 15 euros to see morbid angel, marduk, keep of kalessin, kataklysm, aborted, arsis, carach angren and hail of bullets so i feel VERY sorry for you :)

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:10 pm 

godofgomorrah wrote:
here in amsterdam i paid 15 euros to see morbid angel, marduk, keep of kalessin, kataklysm, aborted, arsis, carach angren and hail of bullets so i feel VERY sorry for you :)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:25 pm 

So let's see. A band I think are meh (Mastodon) stole the two meh opening acts from another meh band (The Haunted), who replaced them with a crappy metalcore act.

In the words of Bart Simpson, meh.

Edit: We've got Napalm Death, Abigail Williams, Kataklysm, Toxic Holocaust, and Trap Them coming to town this May in Chicago, but the only bands I'd want to see out of those five are Toxic Holocaust and Kataklysm. Not a bad bill, though, if you discount Abigail Williams. It doesn't even come close to
godofgomorrah wrote:
morbid angel, marduk, keep of kalessin, kataklysm, aborted, arsis, carach angren and hail of bullets.

Last edited by PriestofSadWings on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:27 pm 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:28 pm 

PriestofSadWings wrote:
So let's see. A band are mega-awesome (Mastodon) stole the two meh opening acts from another mega-awesome band (The Haunted), who replaced them with a total abomination.

Quote fixed

And for the record, you're looking forward to Toxic Holocaust and Kataklysm but not Napalm Death? WTF? Napalm Death is beyond awesome whereas Kataklysm hasn't been good for years. As for Toxic Holocaust, seriously, I sat through these guys once and I can say that they're a lot like Dark Angel, except minus the extreme tempos, intelligent lyrics, ultra-technical musicianship, and everything else that made DA great. Napalm Death is the only good band on that tour and May is going to be busy with Opeth and Primordial on two consecutive days. (Three if you count Mogwai but they aren't metal.)

Last edited by TheMancubus on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godofgomorrah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:35 pm 

Well it was a joint tour through all of europe so its not like amsterdam was special in this case.

Another tour that came past in Jan was deicide, vader, samael, devian, the amenta, order of ennead. Not as great but still only payed 20 euros.

TheMancubus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:30 pm 

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... wsid=42837

In case you needed confirmation

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:28 pm 

Yeah dude no offence, The Haunted = Meh, not that awesome

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:19 am 

The Haunted is okay, but the only reason I would goto their show is for Nachtmystium.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kylessa and Mastodon as well though. Intronaut I am not familiar with.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.