Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VRR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:06 pm 

BlashyrkhMR101 wrote:
Does Darkthrone ever tour or play live anymore? IIRC the closest thing to a live Darkthrone concert recently was Nocturno Culto + Satyricon at Wacken 2004 playing all of 2 Darkthrone songs

No tours no concerts, despite the obvious demand. Fenriz "could have been a rich bitch" if he'd accepted all the money offered to him for touring DT, according to one of his video interviews.

BlashyrkhMR101
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:07 pm 

VRR wrote:
BlashyrkhMR101 wrote:
Does Darkthrone ever tour or play live anymore? IIRC the closest thing to a live Darkthrone concert recently was Nocturno Culto + Satyricon at Wacken 2004 playing all of 2 Darkthrone songs

No tours no concerts, despite the obvious demand. Fenriz "could have been a rich bitch" if he'd accepted all the money offered to him for touring DT, according to one of his video interviews.

Ah pulling a Burzum/Bathory (plus tons of other bands I can't think of) then. Oh well, it happens.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:10 pm 

I would mortgage my house to go see them if Darkthrone ever did decide to cash out on a tour.

Tea_and_Crumpets
"Fail" is a sentence fragment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 pm 

Darkthrone tour - if you havent heard about it its because your just not 'kvlt' enough. They have Secret necro underground Norwegian BM shows, to which only the 'true' are invited.

Last edited by Tea_and_Crumpets on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 pm 

I actually have always suspected that! That is brilliant. Exclusive show for the who's who and in the know.

Yet, if they are just playing for their inner peers, wouldn't that just be the same as jamming? i.e. "singing to the choir? In other words, if a tree falls down in a Transilvanian Forest, does it still make a sound? Or is just that wind they call the Dungeon Shaker!!

VRR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:20 pm 

BlashyrkhMR101 wrote:
VRR wrote:
BlashyrkhMR101 wrote:

Ah pulling a Burzum/Bathory (plus tons of other bands I can't think of) then. Oh well, it happens.

Well, with the BM releases such a huge part of that music was the atmosphere that it would be in danger of falling really flat in a live setting.

Pure speculation, but I kind of suspect that this new DT direction over the last 3 albums might be them gearing up towards making a full set of tour-able "classics". Like Motorhead have earned 25 years' worth of beer tokens by playing the exact same material every year, I think that DT could be well suited to a sort of on-the-road retirement plan.

PestilentHammer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:31 pm 

I agree with that, but there is something special about watchin those skater kids fall and bust their asses when you crank up some modern Darthrone.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2