Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
KC
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:38 am 

Interview with Roberto Lizarraga of the Mexican Dark Death Metal band INFINITUM OBSCURE

"INFINITUM OBSCURE is a force of internal darkness expressed in the audible format of a very obscure and aggressive Death Metal."

"right now we're in the process of restarting the band with a whole new line up. People come and go man, but only the ones with true vision and conviction shine through."

"New music IS different than the first releases... it's a lot more mature and direct."

"Quite honestly, I have lost faith in most of the Metal scene, it's overrun by mediocrity and trends."

Interview with Patrick E. Bruss of the Death Metal band CRYPTICUS

"I'm not trying to reinvent Death Metal, I'm turning other styles of music I like into Death Metal."

"CRYPTICUS is & always will be 100% Death (Fucking) Metal! I've never stopped to consider if the keys might bother anyone, I'm just writing music I like!"

"I have spent less than $500 in the recording of both albums"

"I'm not much of a self promoter, so I have no interest in running around the country convincing people to buy my album. Underground Metal freaks will dig around to find cool & weird stuff anyway - I know I do! I'd rather be known by word-of-mouth among those who like what I'm doing"

Interview with Dave Wagner of the Death Metal band FUNEBRARUM

"Great heavy riffs, well written songs with a bit of class & atmosphere to them, as well as just a completely punishing sound! These are the things that make great Metal for me. It doesn't matter how fast or technical you play..."

"the sound (of our new album 'The Sleep of Morbid Dreams') is a lot more powerful, clear and sharp."

"We just feel that Death Metal is a certain art form that needs to be expressed in a very specific manner. No politics, social critiques or high handed pedantics."

"As much as I love creating music and see it as a “release” in many aspects, I still consider it almost a job to keep it going. There is a lot of dedication, discipline and responsibility involved in doing a band. So, it isn't just something I do in my spare time. "

Interview with Don of the Dead of the Pure Death Metal band NUNSLAUGHTER

"Am I worried because the MTV metal music crowd does not know or like NunSlaughter? Not at all. The people that are truly fans of underground death metal know us."

"We have had many projects delayed or canceled because of the name. Pressing plants and printers do not want to press vile lyrics and obscene images. "

"(For) the first tour I had to sell my motorcycle for the airfare. I bought all four tickets for the band because that was something I wanted to do."

"I can sleep at night knowing that I did not prostitute myself just so some person can read about me in Metal Maniacs."

Interview with Mika of the Finnish Black Metal band IMPALED NAZARENE

"We have never composed as an unit, it has always been individual approach."

"Apart from "I am the killer of trolls" song, I really do not see any "we are laughing at your scene" shit."

"We build our setlist that way that we play at least one song from every album, I think it is retarded to ignore your back-catalogue."

"Some metalhead saw "light" and turned into a Hare-Krishna. He kindly informed his new masters that evil band and evil record label have disgraced their dearly loved painting. So we and Osmose got sued. Originally they wanted $100.000USD."

Interview with Sascha of the German Old School Death Metal band MANDATORY

"It's not that we sit there before writing new songs and wonder: Oh well, what should we sound like on the new record? Which band could we copy this time?"

"Today every second demo is advertised with "The new killer mega ultra Mini-CD by XY in the style of Grave, Unleashed, Dismember blablabla“.

"Adrift Beyond (the new album) will feature one THE best cover artworks ever to be released in Death Metal."

"I would never like to get a parcel with an Indian Swastika marking."

Interview with Chris of the Ugly Australian Death Metal band THE DEAD

"It's too easy nowadays to record a crystal clean triggered drums, guitars-recorded-with-no-amps kind of sound. The problem is a lot of the bands who do that sound terrible live because they don't really sound like that."

"We just really wanted to document what the band really sounded like..The challenge (to record live) was just to play as well as you can and not get frustrated if someone made a mistake and you all had to start over again."

"Mike Yee actually works in an abattoir so i think he does not lack for inspiring visual stimulation."

"You watch a (cricket) match from India and the crowd are nuts and LOUD. Here they just seem to drink a beer and fall asleep."

overkill666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:44 am 

Nice Crypticus review..I've met Patrick quite a few times buying CD's and such. He's a very nice guy. Crypticus is recommended.

KC
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:45 pm 

Thanks man! Patrick is indeed a very cool fellow!

weakling_goat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 pm 

Cool interviews, I read the NunSlaughter and ImpNaz ones.

Reply to topic