Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VRR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:05 pm 

Norsk ambient/electro/black metallers Ulver have just announced a rare live performance via their myspace page. Which of you lucky chaps will be attending?

Quote:
ULVER LIVE AT MAIHAUGSALEN, LILLEHAMMER, SATURDAY MAY 30 2009

Once amongst the pioneers of Norwegian black metal, now living legends of dark experimental music, ULVER are today one of Norway's most acclaimed international artists. While remaining something of a secret treasure back home, a long series of strong releases, most recently the album Shadows of the Sun (2007), has earned them a unique status worldwide.

ULVER have since their first album been exclusively a studio band. This being their first live performance in 15 years, the concert at Lillehammer is a historic event.

A statement from the band: Last year Mr. Stig Sæterbakken approached us with an offer to play live at the Norwegian Festival of Literature, and after long consideration we have decided to accept the invitation. We go to the job with great humility and horror. Ulver, Oslo, February 11 2009.

NOTE: Limited number of tickets. Reservation at www.billettservice.no.

ULVER CONTACT
Stig Sæterbakken
[email protected]
+47 41 64 55 37

FESTIVAL CONTACT
Endre Ruset
[email protected]
+47 61 28 89 18

The Maihaugen Concert Hall
The Norwegian Festival of Literature

www.myspace.com/ulver1

Gosh.

NecroSonata
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm 

Man I wish I could go, Ulver's done a crazy variety of stuff so I imagine it would make for an amazing gig with the right set!

VRR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:29 pm 

Although this is a complete guess, I would assume that the material they're performing will come entirely from the last 5 albums. Most likely the last 2 albums and the soundtrack stuff.

That's just going on the fact that it's a literary festival though, and I would love to be proved wrong and see them tearing up some of the Eight Hymns whilst scholar types recite abstract poetry in the background... :D

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:39 pm 

VRR wrote:
Norsk ambient/electro/black metallers Ulver have just announced a rare live performance via their myspace page. Which of you lucky chaps will be attending?

Quote:
ULVER LIVE AT MAIHAUGSALEN, LILLEHAMMER, SATURDAY MAY 30 2009

Once amongst the pioneers of Norwegian black metal, now living legends of dark experimental music, ULVER are today one of Norway's most acclaimed international artists. While remaining something of a secret treasure back home, a long series of strong releases, most recently the album Shadows of the Sun (2007), has earned them a unique status worldwide.

ULVER have since their first album been exclusively a studio band. This being their first live performance in 15 years, the concert at Lillehammer is a historic event.

A statement from the band: Last year Mr. Stig Sæterbakken approached us with an offer to play live at the Norwegian Festival of Literature, and after long consideration we have decided to accept the invitation. We go to the job with great humility and horror. Ulver, Oslo, February 11 2009.

NOTE: Limited number of tickets. Reservation at www.billettservice.no.

ULVER CONTACT
Stig Sæterbakken
[email protected]
+47 41 64 55 37

FESTIVAL CONTACT
Endre Ruset
[email protected]
+47 61 28 89 18

The Maihaugen Concert Hall
The Norwegian Festival of Literature

www.myspace.com/ulver1

Gosh.

Quite far, and it will be probably also expensive as fuck if it is only rare performance. I am fan of Ulver for a long time but I'll not attend.
I hope somebody will make a video and place it on youtube

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:42 pm 

slavonic777 wrote:
I hope somebody will make a video and place it on youtube

I'd be amazed if that didn't happen.
Unless this sort of event features very, and I mean very stringent security measures, and considering Ulver's long lasting underground fame, I'm sure we'll be getting all sorts of digicam/cellphone/whatever snippets from the performance almost as soon as the whole thing is through.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Stormalv
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:11 pm 

A friend of mine is going. He says the ticket costs 450 NOK, which is approximately about 70 dollars I think, I don't know the current valuta.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:32 pm 

Stormalv wrote:
A friend of mine is going. He says the ticket costs 450 NOK, which is approximately about 70 dollars I think, I don't know the current valuta.

For average norwegian it is definitely not expensive, for me it is we can say "not totally cheap" but if I live nearby I'ď attend anyway, it is not so much when it will be so fucking rare...
For example in our country 70 dollars is entrance for 3 day open-air with 70 top notch bands like Necrophagist, Testament etc http://brutalassault.cz/cs/bands/

chittyxvx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:17 pm 

If I wasn't broke I would definetly be looking for a way over to norway. Its nice to think that this would have a knock on effect and they'd do some shows. Australia would never happen though.

CircleovZaphyan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:54 am 

"Norwegian literary festival" ...

I can tell this is gonna be gay just based on the name.

Anyone want to do me a favor and provide that link to the interview where Ulver say black metal fans are idiots?

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:29 am 

I hate to say it but...

This is soooooooooo Ulver.

Traver
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:09 am 

They've said in an interview that if they were to perform live, they wouldn't play any studio material, but do something entirely new and special to that performance. They may have changed their minds of course, but I'm expecting them to do something one-off for this, so hopefully they'll make an official live release or someone will make a decent bootleg.

Humanity_Lost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 am 

CircleovZaphyan wrote:
Anyone want to do me a favor and provide that link to the interview where Ulver say black metal fans are idiots?

They really said that?

VRR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 am 

I'm fairly sure that is from the Lords of Chaos interview.

HelloCthulhu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:10 am 

Oh fuck yeah. Was told earlier today. I already bought my ticket and started making arrangements for it. This is just too good to miss.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.