Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sadness_for_Life
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:51 am 

Just wondering what people think about this obscure LLN band. I really have to admit I enjoy LLN's dark ambient output much better than the rather generic black metal they did (though France is my favorite region for it).

I've been listening to Ezleyfbdrehtr Vepreub Zuerfl Mazagvatre Erbbedrea quite a bit when I'm in an "altered" state and the constant sound of footsteps accompanied by the terrifying staccato organ chords and chanted/growled vocals really takes you on a journey.

Also the picture on his Metal Archives page is really cool.

I'd like to find more releases by them.

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:00 pm 

I think that Satanicum Tenebrae and Maha Hahina [sp?] is much better. Moevot is great though. As is all LLN bands really, but I agree. The dark/black ambient LLN is better than the actual black metal.

Except for Mutiilation. Mutiilation kills all.

EDIT: Maha Hahina is incorrect. The correct name is "Amaka Hahina".

Last edited by Mezentus on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm 

I like Moevot, but I like Aakon Keetreh even better. Maybe my favorite of the LLN ambient projects.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 pm 

I enjoy Moevot every now and then. It definitely has a distinctly creepy feeling to the music that when listened to in the right mood (or the right setting) is very effective. Ehepr Abgxvoryaero - Chant d'Éternité 2 in particular is an extremely unsettling song.

BurningASinner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:17 am 

Both of the "Chant D Eternite" songs are utterly amazing. Really creepy stuff, I like it a lot. Aakon Keetreh, however, is far superior :P

HeilSathanas
Pogrom Panzy 98

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:27 am 

moevot is probably the worst music ever made... ya

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:33 am 

I heard one of the demos. It was so exceedingly boring and non-scary I had to find someone else to download it from again, to make sure I had downloaded the right one and not some fake made by a 12-year-old. Same shit, different bit rate. It was to ambient music what Limp Bizkit is to metal. It was even worse than Burzum's "ambient" albums.

Utterly horrible. If you want creepy ambient music composed by people with a grounding in metal, listen to Triangle of Nebula-Devourers by Aeoga or Star Autopsy by Zoät-Aon, not this crap.

AltoVariago
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:13 am 

they sound at the same time partly very different from their blackster fellas and partly very much ameuterishl, but i have to admit that i like the lo-lo-fi quality of their sound and when the atmosphere works (rather rarely maybe) i have to admit they turn for some moment in a little black jewel... for some moment i repeat

Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:38 pm 

Why do people still talk about this garbage? No one cared then and no one should care now.

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:59 pm 

I must say, Moevot gets alot of crap. Why so much? Sure, they [he] were a bit different from every other LLN bands, but damn, Moevot has some spooky atmosphere, and along with the other dark ambient bands in the LLN, Moevot was one of the most innovative.

Ain Soph cited Moevot and Aakon Keetrah as major influences, so that shows how good they were, being as Ain Soph is a great ambient project.

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:35 pm 

Sadly the old LLN threads have now vanished...they were a pure goldmine...

At least the search doesn't display them (176 LLN finds, but only 1 age out of 7 pages is displayed correctly).

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.