Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:11 am 

As for transylvanian hunger 1st Press 50 euros 2nd press 20 to 30 euros then all the others one go for around 15 to 30 euros then the remasted ones from 2001 go for about 8 euros then the digipacks go for about 3 euros.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:19 am 

Interesting to know that with 1% of my CDs (the above ones, also Transylvanian Hunger 1st press, De Mysteriis 1st press, Vikingligr Veldis 1st press, both lent, Suppuration and Esoteric demos - not cds -, Order from Chaos, Sabbat japan, Zyklon-B, Expulsion's "A Bitter Twist...", Tumulus/Mock, and some more) I could possibly buy the other 99% :)

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:23 am 

japc wrote:
Interesting to know that with 1% of my CDs (the above ones, also Transylvanian Hunger 1st press, De Mysteriis 1st press, Vikingligr Veldis 1st press, both lent, Suppuration and Esoteric demos - not cds -, Order from Chaos, Sabbat japan, Zyklon-B, Expulsion's "A Bitter Twist...", Tumulus/Mock, and some more) I could possibly buy the other 99% :)

They are just prices i have seen them go on ebay for they are on ebay about 2 or 3 times a month and they always go for around them prices sometimes more it's just luck.

szturphryc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:18 am 

I would appreciate if someone could tell me what means the "LUFTWAFFE" matrix on the 1st press of the Under A Funeral Moon. Any ideas?

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:51 pm 

szturphryc wrote:
I would appreciate if someone could tell me what means the "LUFTWAFFE" matrix on the 1st press of the Under A Funeral Moon. Any ideas?

Well, I have the firstpress of "Under a funeral moon" and there isn't anything with "Luftwaffe" on the matrix. Just Vile 35 CD.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

szturphryc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:23 pm 

Quote:
Well, I have the firstpress of "Under a funeral moon" and there isn't anything with "Luftwaffe" on the matrix. Just Vile 35 CD.

Do you see any differences comparing to this scans? Of course except the matrix code...

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm 

No, the artwork seems to be exactly the same
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:48 am 

Buried_Death wrote:
It's not just the Barcode it's to do with the Inner ring of the CD just as much.

By the way the Darkthrone CD came today it's the 2nd press from 2001 :|
So it much go the Darkthrone CD pictured above 1st press then the 2001 2nd then Digi 3rd.

Thats not correct, there are 2 different presses from the release year 1994, which both have "Norsk Arisk Black Metal". One is the pictured version on the first page of this thread and the other one I sent you pictures per Email as you've interested in buying that but its gone meanwhile.
According to the information I have, Peaceville used different pressing plants at the same time because of this doubtful phrase to be on the safe side to be able to release the album if one plant refuses the press in the last minute.
The difference between these 2 is the cat. no "vile43CD" and "CDVile43", the disc omits the "Vile 43" print and the arrangement of the backcover is slightly different. But both of them have been available in stores and at distros in the same week of the release in 1994. A friend of mine bought his one during a trip in England one day after the official release and I ordered mine from a distro the same day, and we both have different versions.
Concerning the fact, that both versions have been bought and shipped within 1 week after the release, who exactly can say which one is the first and which one the 2nd press????
The one you bought on Ebay with the link mentioend above is at least the 3rd press.
Not to mention the license pressings of Modern Invasion and Fierce Recordings that don't have any collectors value in my eyes, its the same buying an Irond license pressing from Russia.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:56 am 

Asti78 wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:
It's not just the Barcode it's to do with the Inner ring of the CD just as much.

By the way the Darkthrone CD came today it's the 2nd press from 2001 :|
So it much go the Darkthrone CD pictured above 1st press then the 2001 2nd then Digi 3rd.

Thats not correct, there are 2 different presses from the release year 1994, which both have "Norsk Arisk Black Metal". One is the pictured version on the first page of this thread and the other one I sent you pictures per Email as you've interested in buying that but its gone meanwhile.
According to the information I have, Peaceville used different pressing plants at the same time because of this doubtful phrase to be on the safe side to be able to release the album if one plant refuses the press in the last minute.
The difference between these 2 is the cat. no "vile43CD" and "CDVile43", the disc omits the "Vile 43" print and the arrangement of the backcover is slightly different. But both of them have been available in stores and at distros in the same week of the release in 1994. A friend of mine bought his one during a trip in England one day after the official release and I ordered mine from a distro the same day, and we both have different versions.
Concerning the fact, that both versions have been bought and shipped within 1 week after the release, who exactly can say which one is the first and which one the 2nd press????
The one you bought on Ebay with the link mentioend above is at least the 3rd press.
Not to mention the license pressings of Modern Invasion and Fierce Recordings that don't have any collectors value in my eyes, its the same buying an Irond license pressing from Russia.

Thanks for clearing all that up, sounds to me like there is 2 first pressings one seem to be the one with the made in England on the back as seen in a earlyer picture and is the other pressing you talk of the other place peaceville took the CD to be pressed was that in a different country or something i wonder why they done two different copys of it.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:03 am 

what I know is that they did this because they feared that one plant could refuse the press because of "Norsk Arisk Black Metal" (which was later removed) and they then would have had to postpone the release. By using two different plants, they could be sure that one of them would press it and it would be available for release in February 1994.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:07 am 

Asti78 wrote:
what I know is that they did this because they feared that one plant could refuse the press because of "Norsk Arisk Black Metal" (which was later removed) and they then would have had to postpone the release. By using two different plants, they could be sure that one of them would press it and it would be available for release in February 1994.

I understand why they done it but seems pointless changing each pressing abit because they both still have the sayings on the back of them. Which would be the reason why they would not be pressed because of the saying on the back.
But one says made in England on the back and the other one does not so my guess is they pressed a load in England and then some where else.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:17 am 

Yeah, there are always some things I can't understand, there are also 2 versions of "Under a funeral moon" which are both considered to be firstpresses as both have the cat. no. Vile35CD. One is made in England, the other one has RT Germany on the disc and on the backcover. Otherwise they are identical.
So maybe both these plants pressed also "Transilvanian Hunger" afterwards.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:08 am 

Asti78 wrote:
Yeah, there are always some things I can't understand, there are also 2 versions of "Under a funeral moon" which are both considered to be firstpresses as both have the cat. no. Vile35CD. One is made in England, the other one has RT Germany on the disc and on the backcover. Otherwise they are identical.

Same i don't really understand why they bothered pressing 2 copys of some of the Darkthorne CDs only reason i can think is they wanted a English version for English people and a German copy for the German people and if one got banned in one country they would not have to change the hole CD and just sell the German version to people only in German and if the English one got banned stop selling it. But in the end they both got banned.
Anyways on a lighter note look at my Darkthrone bargain i finaly got it -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0363529089

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:35 pm 

Stealing this thread a bit more.

Just got a copy of Immortal's "Pure Holocaust" (OPCD 019) from a amazon store, the matrix is "S OPCD 019 01" "DISCTRONICS" and the IFPI L502.

I fail to see which pressing is this as I though that the CD had white/silver lettering on a black CD (as in http://metalformaniacs.com/itempic.php?itempic=300) and the one I got comes with red letters on a black cd except for the "compact disc Digital Audio" that's white/silver (much like http://metalformaniacs.com/itempic.php?itempic=299 but with the compact disc logo on white). And AccurateRip fails all tracks, possible because it's a not so common pressing.

Also, anyone knows what happens to be the matrix for latest DSP pressings of "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas"?

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:19 am 

japc wrote:
Stealing this thread a bit more.

Just got a copy of Immortal's "Pure Holocaust" (OPCD 019) from a amazon store, the matrix is "S OPCD 019 01" "DISCTRONICS" and the IFPI L502.

I fail to see which pressing is this as I though that the CD had white/silver lettering on a black CD (as in http://metalformaniacs.com/itempic.php?itempic=300) and the one I got comes with red letters on a black cd except for the "compact disc Digital Audio" that's white/silver (much like http://metalformaniacs.com/itempic.php?itempic=299 but with the compact disc logo on white). And AccurateRip fails all tracks, possible because it's a not so common pressing.

Also, anyone knows what happens to be the matrix for latest DSP pressings of "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas"?

As for the first question i don't know but for the question about De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas the matrix code for the 2nd press on DSP/VOW is:

TOCANO DK 37307

Thats what it says on my copy of it.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:58 pm 

Well, according to Osmose the "Pure Holocaust" version I described is a rare misprint, only 1000 copies were made with the red colour and silver compact disc logo.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:13 pm 

Buried_Death wrote:
Asti78 wrote:

Same i don't really understand why they bothered pressing 2 copys of some of the Darkthorne CDs only reason i can think is they wanted a English version for English people and a German copy for the German people and if one got banned in one country they would not have to change the hole CD and just sell the German version to people only in German and if the English one got banned stop selling it. But in the end they both got banned.
Anyways on a lighter note look at my Darkthrone bargain i finaly got it -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0363529089

That's real fucking cheap. Lucky bastard.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:15 pm 

japc wrote:
Well, according to Osmose the "Pure Holocaust" version I described is a rare misprint, only 1000 copies were made with the red colour and silver compact disc logo.

Is it also common that the song titles printed on the disc are spelled wrong? This is with my copy op Pure Holocaust,

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:40 pm 

Winterkald wrote:
japc wrote:

Is it also common that the song titles printed on the disc are spelled wrong? This is with my copy op Pure Holocaust,

You mean "The Eternaty Opens"?

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:17 am 

japc wrote:
Winterkald wrote:
japc wrote:

You mean "The Eternaty Opens"?

No. 'The unsilent storms in the north abbyss' (two times a b in abyss and suddenly a THE at the beginning of the title, this isn't on the back cover tracklist)

'A sign for the norse horde to ride' (no s behind horde, which is on the tracklisting on the back cover)

'Frozen by ice winds' (a space between ice and winds, also different from tracklisting at back cover)

'Storming through red clouds & holocaust winds' (a & instead of and)

'The eternaty opens' (not AS before the, and eternity is spelled wrong)

Is this with every copy of Pure Holocaust, or what? I've been curious for this issue a long time.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:43 am 

http://metalformaniacs.com/itempic.php?itempic=300

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 am 

I never noticed that but my copy looks exactly the same.

dpjm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:43 pm 

So back to Vikingligr Veldi. Does anyone know when the VoW/DSP versions (with the bar code) were released, was it still in 1994? I've got two versions of that, one just VoW/DSP and one with SPV as well, both have bar codes.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 pm 

dpjm wrote:
So back to Vikingligr Veldi. Does anyone know when the VoW/DSP versions (with the bar code) were released, was it still in 1994? I've got two versions of that, one just VoW/DSP and one with SPV as well, both have bar codes.

I believe they are all pressed in the same year just came out different times during that year not 100% on this but my VoW/DSP copy says 1994 and it has the barcode on it.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2