Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:17 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I was 100% sure it was a one-man band, with "Lich_King" playing all the instruments. He denied it pretty vehemently on the thrashunlimited forums though. Even going so far as to talk about how his drummer was angry at the "entire internet" for thinking the drums were programmed, which I always thought was entertaining. I never thought the drums sounded programmed though, it just always sound like a one-man home project kind of deal to me.

It's interesting you bring this up, I never really paid attention to the fact that there are no photos anywhere, no official names listed, and no sort of indication whatsoever that their might be other people on all of those other instruments, (other people besides Tom). Now, I'm starting to think that this is a one-man project in disguise. I can't stop thinking about the possibilities of that Tom might be the only human behind the band. I was also trying to figure out why the double bass in some parts of the their music was, well, impossibly fast. Not saying that I doubt anybody could play that fast, but their seems to be this strangely large emphasis on the technicality of the drums, almost as if somebody was programming them and working with them as if they were the only instrument.

I understand there are gang vocals on some of the tracks on both albums, and at the end of 'Black Metal Sucks', there is one guy coughing, and another that sounds exactly like Tom saying "shut up!"

White_Witch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
rexxz wrote:
Lich_King wrote:
The mods seem fine with it, but then the mods (or at least rexxz, I don't know the others) are not my biggest fans around here. That's fine, but let's not pretend it's not lying based on spite. It's well-written, I'll give you that. High marks for spelling and grammar. Maybe that's all the mods require.

I don't know anything about you as a person, but I don't appreciate the narcissistic schtick you've got going on (I don't know if you've given up on it or what, but you haven't done it recently). As I've mentioned in the past, you can claim that it's just your sense of humor or whatever, it doesn't mean that anyone is to magically accept it and laugh along just because you point out that it's supposed to be 'funny' (nor does it mean that I don't 'get it', either; I do get it. I just think it sucks).

This. Even if Lich King weren't exceedily boring and unfunny, I'd still have a bad taste in my mouth regarding them simply because of how their representative here presents himself.

Oh, and by the way, you claim you came up with the name in 2003, right? Warcraft 3 came out a year before that.

The whole reason why I haven't and won't check out this band. Imagine if all the members of bands that get criticism came and replied to each point like a child that needs to get the last word in. Glen Benton would be dedicating his life replying to shit on here.
I find it ironic that LichKing can't handle criticism but wrote a song criticising an entire genre. Sook.

Thudburg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:33 pm 

Well the song was not supposed to be taken seriously apparently, just an idea lk had for a filler and they seem to regret it. I think its a shits n giggles type of song.

Lich_King
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:34 pm 

This IS handling criticism, you dope. Ahh well. Your patronage will be dearly missed.

White_Witch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:37 pm 

Handling criticism is taking it in, dealing with it and shutting up. Not replying to each negative comment with some excuse.

Thudburg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:41 pm 

White witch you need to accept the fact that LK backs up his arguments quite well.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 pm 

White_Witch wrote:
Handling criticism is taking it in, dealing with it and shutting up. Not replying to each negative comment with some excuse.

Handling criticism is also fighting for your work of art and providing a reasonable debate as to why you think the opposing party is wrong, or looking at it the wrong way.

Lich_King
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 pm 

I like replying to each negative comment. It's a fun benefit of the gig that I exploit. Now take that in, deal with it and shut up.

White_Witch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
White_Witch wrote:

Handling criticism is also fighting for your work of art and providing a reasonable debate as to why you think the opposing party is wrong, or looking at it the wrong way.

Haha, Ok. Go to any other band thread and let's see the members fighting for their work.

Lich King: Funny. I've noticed you've done the old switcheroo with all my posts. How clever.

Lich_King
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:59 pm 

All your posts? You've lost me. This was supposed to be my big moment where I cry "Hah! Looks like you can't handle defiance!" You ruined my triumphant preening. I hate you for that.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:02 pm 

White_Witch, as long as he doesn't get all ass-hurt and act like a baby it's fine to respond to criticism. Most people tend to do the former.

Also, sorry I never e-mailed you. None of us have any money so we decided not to worry about it.

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 pm 

The only reason I don't like Lich King is because of his uninteresting riffs. It has nothing to do with the retarded sense of humour and cliche topics.

Your_Daddy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:45 pm 

Not!!! you come on here and run your fuckin' mouth about how "spectacular" your band is, you are nothing but a bunch of sloppy, stagnent ripoff merchants who's greatest feat ever would be to stop breathing alltogether, i have heard those riffs too many times to count, its like you chewed up a whole bunch of old thrash and made it gay!!! i fucking dare you to come and tour the melbourne, i'll fuckin' flog ya!!!

Lich_King
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:45 pm 

Totally fair.

I've been getting hate-PMs, and it's awesome. Check this out. Title is "Best Thrash Ever!!!" So of course I breathe a sigh of relief, because I just can't stand having my feelings hurt. Gasp! It's Your_Daddy with this hurtful sentiment.

Not!!! you come on here and run your fuckin' mouth about how "spectacular" your band is, you are nothing but a bunch of sloppy, stagnent ripoff merchants who's greatest feat ever would be to stop breathing alltogether, i have heard those riffs too many times to count, its like you chewed up a whole bunch of old thrash and made it gay!!! i fucking dare you to come and tour the melbourne, i'll fuckin' flog ya!!!

First: Have the guts to say it in the thread, you private messaging pussy. Second, you got me. Third, which riffs of ours did we rip off? Gimme a song and time signature and let's do this like men. Four, you fucking dare me to come to melbourne, do you? Holy shit, if I don't go I'm going to look like such a wuss, but if I DO go he's going to flog me! It's lose-lose.

EDIT: Ahh shit, he beat me here while I was responding. DAMN YOU, YOUR_DADDY, YOU CUNNING FIEND!

Your_Daddy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:48 pm 

i kept that a pm so i didn't make you cry in front of all the other kids

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 pm 

Your_Daddy wrote:

A little harsh, don't you think?

Lich_King
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 pm 

Another one from KangTheTormentor: your band sucks shit... Thanks man.

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 pm 

Lich_King wrote:
Another one from KangTheTormentor: your band sucks shit... Thanks man.

"All I have is a two word review: Shit King."

Your_Daddy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:51 pm 

ding ding ding we have a winner!!! we can now close this thread.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:54 pm 

I'm still loving this fucking album, Black Metal Sucks is on constant replay for a while! :metal:

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 pm 

The_Boss wrote:
I'm still loving this fucking album, Black Metal Sucks is on constant replay for a while! :metal:

You would hate black metal...

Lich_King
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 pm 

Yayyy!

Thudburg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:57 pm 

This is getting ridiculous, entertainment levels (and maturity levels) peaked at its highest when white witch and lich king were going at each other, but the last couple of posts just haven't met my expectations and I'm becoming bored.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 am 

Some of you people have an undying proclivity to keep airing out your worthless gaping vag--mouths, it's incredible. I sorely wish this thread and its inhabitants will get some sense and discuss things on a level that is conducive to anything beyond shit-flinging.

*edit* Looks like someone beat me to the punch and euthanized this dying beast, anyway.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:02 am 

There's the excuse I've been looking for. Been nauseating since page 1.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:07 am 

Who cares? Lich King made a song about black metal sucking. What's the big deal?

Thrash has stereotypes...what metal genre doesn't? Does it mean they are true in every case? The fact that Lich King is even trying to make a point indicates to me that he's serious about what he does and at least trying to answer his critics. You can't say that about many.

Like I've said before, I'd much rather listen to a thrash revival band such as Lich King than a Deathcore act. People rant and rave about how thrash is played out and depleted as a genre...WHAT METAL GENRE ISN'T?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5