Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:48 pm 

hellhippie wrote:
Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
If you like Napalm Death check out their new album Time Waits For No Slave, it's not officially out but you can download it, and it kicks ass.
buy it!!

If I can find it when it comes out I am.
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:05 pm 

Circle of Dead Children.

Last.fm

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:13 pm 

DeadXManiac wrote:
Circle of Dead Children.

They're pretty impressive.
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

Hellpuppet
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:28 pm 

Devourment is pretty brutal imo.
Dying Fetus is another you should look out for espesally the album Infatuation With Malevolence

satanic_neumann
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:36 pm 

Most brutal metal band...i have no idea, maybe Broken Hope or some other death metal. But if i want total brutality in my music i listen some noise or similar stuff, Brighter Death Now comes in mind first.

Unholy_Asar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:37 pm 

Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition from France. Their early stuff is crushingly brutal deathgrind. Also, they thought they were too brutal to have lyrics, so all the vocals are completely improvised growling, at least on the self titled and "2".

I'd also reccomend Inhume, as they're simply insane.

Also, to all those that mentioned Devourment, Digested Flesh is a much better band. It's what Devourment would sound like if they were any good.

And lastly, a thread about brutality is a thread where Mortician can't be mentioned enough. A lot of people hate them, but I sure as hell don't. Putrid Pile should maybe also be mentioned.

As a final ammendment, I feel I also have to second Internal Suffering. Their first full length (Supreme Knowledge Domain) is one of the most brutal (and best) albums within the genre.
True Black Metal is NOT kind of Metal, that is a complete independent music so Nazhand believes "the name of music which is called Black Metal nowadays, should be changed to Blackness music and shameful name of Metal should be cut out from our music".

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:50 pm 

Hellpuppet wrote:
Dying Fetus is another you should look out for espesally the album Infatuation With Malevolence

I've got they're full discography, there good but could be better.

Anggaaa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:14 pm 

Cock and Ball Torture has always been one of my favs.

Zakillah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:18 pm 

Turismo wrote:
Some great bands mentioned, Hour of Penance especially, great live band too!

I saw tham live at Brutal Assault and they were the most bass heavy Metal band I ever saw live....you could actually feel the ridiculous double bass drums, it was insane.

My vote for most brutal blablabla goes to the last Last Days of Humanity release...its just a ridiculous beatdown and a definition of "extreme".

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:24 pm 

Deicide and Vital Remains. The vocals are just insane!

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:31 pm 

I think that Ildjarn is very very intense....

TheJester
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:32 pm 

suicide silence

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:36 pm 

Skinless is a pretty brutal band. I feel like they really have a great twist on death metal. The riffing, drumming, vocals, bass tone... Everything just comes together perfectly. I cant explain why but everytime I listen to them I just want to go crazy.. And Im not your typical 'If your not in the pit, your a pussy' type.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:37 pm 

The most insane band will have to be... hmm... probably Last Days Of Humanity. The heaviest is undoubtedly Mortician (they suck, yeah but they are heavy as fuck). Waking The Cadaver is also reaaaally insane, and just as ridiculous and sucky. Rotten Sound is probably my favorite insane grind band.

thrashfan07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:06 pm 

Disagree with me, I don't care, but I'm going with either Incantation or Immolation; they have the hellish dissonance, Incantation in particular have the best Death/Doom parts I've heard which are crushingly slow, Immolation have the really eerie, harmonic heavy riffs (see: the second riff in Lost Passion), you get my drift.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:21 pm 

Throwing another two out for anyone interested.
Mater Tenebra, They were mentioned already, I checked them out, and they are hands down the fastest Black Metal band on the planet.
For any Goregrind fanatics check out Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis (say that 5 times fast).
Also I already said this but if anyone hasn't done it, check out Bone Gnawer on their myspace, they are fucking brutal. http://www.myspace.com/bonegnawerband

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:25 pm 

Should of said this already but, if you are sensitive to the sight of blood (in person or over a monitor) and it makes you sick, faint etc. don't go to their myspace.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:28 pm 

I second Mortician, Skinless, Devourment, Dying Fetus, Defeated Sanity, and Anaal Nathrakh.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:58 pm 

Whorecore/They:Swarm

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:13 pm 

This is basically just turning out to be a list thread. Guys, it's time to shut it down. I think the OP has enough bands to check out for the time being.

I suggest scouring the different help threads if you want to find out more info.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3