Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:39 am 

Right-o.

Hopefully you enjoy the other stuff, too.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:41 am 

If the rest is even half that good I couldn't be happier, okay thats a lie being financially secure and having a girlfriend would be nice.
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:43 am 

Also since that ep is there most recent (according to the archives) their future work may be the same. I hope it is.
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:48 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
Also since that ep is there most recent (according to the archives) their future work may be the same. I hope it is.

I heard they're recording a new full-length album, but then everything went quiet, so I'm not too sure what happened. Maybe they're busy, but it'd be nice to see some updates.

The vocalist on Unanimity... has left the band, so there's going to be a new guy. I heard a clip of him (I think it was him), and he honestly doesn't sound as good. Maybe when accompanied by music he should sound better, but I'm not holding out any inflated expectations.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

SabFan1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:48 am 

My collection is lacking in the brutal department, but I would have to say it's Aborted or Suffocation.
Find out I'm the chosen one,
Now it’s too late my life is done!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sabfan1

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:50 am 

Well I got my hopes up but you gave me a good list so that will probably keep me occupied.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:52 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
Well I got my hopes up but you gave me a good list so that will probably keep me occupied.

Sure thing. If you need more, I have a few more names I can drop.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Lyrici17
Metalhead

I can't think of naming anyone other than Mortician....

They are the epitome of brutal to me...

I mean c'mon, just read Will Rahmer's "thanks" section from the liner notes of "Hacked Up for Barbecue"....

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

Well i actually was more impressed by the instruments so thats more or less what i'm looking for but vocals are a big piece of the puzzle.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:04 am 

I'm going to put out another most brutal band candidate (though compared to Misericordiam they aren't much) Bone Gnawer, Their debt is coming out this year an they're fronted by Cam/Kam Lee definitely worth a look/listen. myspace.com/bonegnawerband

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:22 am 

Mikey I worship you :bow: Misericordiam are by far the best Deathcore band I've heard and the most brutal ad their full length is still good though not as good as the ep. I just hope they don't pull an Aborted and start putting to much experimenting in their style after three substanially good albums and peaking on the third at a new level of brutality.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:43 am 

Unanimity... is definitely not deathcore, but their earlier stuff is.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:47 am 

I was going by the archives description but i didn't think that it was when i heard it. I'm Checking out Hour of Penance right now, you know your shit man. Sucks that Fleshgod Apocalypse's album isn't out yet they had some impressive stuff on their myspace.

Last edited by Celtic_Fire_666 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:47 am 

can one band really be named the "most brutal" band of all? Napalm Deth maybe?

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:50 am 

If you like Napalm Death check out their new album Time Waits For No Slave, it's not officially out but you can download it, and it kicks ass.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:52 am 

As for them being most brutal, I'd say that they are up there pretty high (top 10) but not first, but thats only my opinion.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:52 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
I was going by the archives description but i didn't think that it was when i heard it. I'm Checking out Hour of Penance right now, you know your shit man. Sucks that Fleshgod Apocalypse's album isn't out yet they had some impressive stuff on their myspace.

Thanks, but there are a lot of others here that can name-drop many more bands than I can. I just gave you what I know, and what I like. :)

Fleshgod Apocalypse should be really good, when the album is released. I've got concerning expectations for the album.

Eurnonymous wrote:
can one band really be named the "most brutal" band of all? Napalm Deth maybe?

No, because brutality is all a matter of taste. Much too subjective to land on just one particular band.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:56 am 

There will probably never be an official most brutal band but I'd say this thread has yielded some of the best.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:03 am 

of course, it's all based on individual opinions. i don't see a "most brutal" category being held at the Grammy's anytime soon (and even then, it would still be based on popular opinion). but there are simply so many bands, and at times they even outdo each other. i don't know how much longer this thread will last, but it does herald some good recommendations regarding brutality in music.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:05 am 

True. I more or less did this just to see opinions, but also for some brutal as fuck bands to check out.

Konig_ov_Hel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 am 

As cliche of a band that they are, I would have to say Deicide. I mean, I have listened to many Death Metal bands, plus many many bands in other genres, and nothing gets me to the point of shutting the album off like Deicide does. Most of their music is decent, and a lot of it is kind of annoying, but Glen's vocals are so irritating, there is nothing that an be done other than turning the player off.

My CD Collection (Not Complete)
http://www.metal-archives.com/usercol.p ... nig_ov_Hel

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:19 am 

well i'm gonna go for the most relentless rabid aggressive over the top spine wreckenist stuff ever concocted:
Repulsion's Horrified album

Master's unreleased 1985 album is a real neck snapper too

i'm glad this thread wasn't filled with a bunch of gurgleslam!!!!

Anthelnor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:36 am 

Some of the stuff mentioned here is pretty sweet, although I have to say for me it will be Slayers "Reign in Blood". wtf?

Angel of Death is to me one of t3h heaviest songs that Satan has ever spawned.

Although I must admit I'm not much of a death metal person (Black and thrash ftw bitches) and the few bands I do like include Bloodbath, Suffocation, Gorguts, Psycroptic, Bolt Thrower, Blood Red Throne, Entombed and MORBID FUCKING ANGEL!!!

However, for some reason I've always found thrash (not thrash, but THRASH a.k.a Slayer and Kreator) to be heavier than Death Metal (btw I consider Morbid Angel thrash, or at least more thrash than death).

It may not be the epitome of brutalness, but I do believe "Angel of Death" is rather skull-crushing.

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:37 am 

My favorite brutal release would definately have to be 'Last Days Of Humanity - In Advanced Haemoryhaging Conditions". The most just plain: over-the-top and flat out brutal album released by LDOH. Comes across like a beating of sledgehammers that lasts about 13 minutes. The only break you get on this album are the short intro audio clips from movies, that are of your generic 'goregrind image' variety. The drumming comes in two speeds: blasting or insanely fast, and the 'pingy' snare just adds to the aural brutalness. Guitars and bass are massively downtuned, and riffs just saw along with the intensity and ferocity of the drumming. Vocals are pitchshifted and frequent heavily between the tiny intrumental parts. They range from short low grunts, to savage barrages of pitchshifted spew. Definately a brutal album!

Turismo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:38 am 

Some great bands mentioned, Hour of Penance especially, great live band too! A few that might compete; Wormed, Rotten Sound (Death/Grind), Profanation, Orchidectomy and for the Defeated Sanity fans I reccommend you try Internal Suffering.
There are many more but it gets too hard to say which is more brutal....
I forgot to mention, Implosive Disgorgence (whether they are any good is another question!), Fuck... I'm Dead and the great Guttural Secrete.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:43 am 

Turismo wrote:
Rotten Sound (Death/Grind)

Yeah, that was one of the bands I was going to mention to him if he wanted some more recommendations. Hopefully, he'll check them out, too.

Turismo wrote:
Orchidectomy

Good band name, but they're not a good band. The vocals completely ruin it for me.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

hellhippie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:07 am 

Beherit ,Xysma(fin), Celtic Frost ,Sarcofago, Pungent Stench, Autopsy, and Winter. these bands were and are what death and black metal was all about .All hail the kings .
Demons, devils, dark spirits
From church horror tales
The hordes of dead roar...

hellhippie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:10 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
If you like Napalm Death check out their new album Time Waits For No Slave, it's not officially out but you can download it, and it kicks ass.
buy it!!
Demons, devils, dark spirits
From church horror tales
The hordes of dead roar...

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:15 am 

Just a few that come to mind...

Devourment - Molesting The Decapitated
This has to be one of the most extreme forms of music I have thus far encountered, without getting totally ridiculous (like for example say the drowned mushy blubbering that is Torsofuck). A perfect blend of insane music and a hint of originality.

Skinless - Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead
The guitar tone is amazing on this one. Again, the songs may be mercilessly heavy, but don't lack individuality and general signs of musicianship.

Anaal Nathrakh - Hell Is Empty, And All the Devils Are Here
Already mentioned, but no harm done in again emphasizing their black metal/grindcore mixing approach turning into pure auditory carnage.

Also, I second Defeated Sanity and Internal Suffering.

Balth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Just a few that come to mind...

Devourment - Molesting The Decapitated
This has to be one of the most extreme forms of music I have thus far encountered, without getting totally ridiculous (like for example say the drowned mushy blubbering that is Torsofuck). A perfect blend of insane music and a hint of originality.

Skinless - Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead
The guitar tone is amazing on this one. Again, the songs may be mercilessly heavy, but don't lack individuality and general signs of musicianship.

Anaal Nathrakh - Hell Is Empty, And All the Devils Are Here
Already mentioned, but no harm done in again emphasizing their black metal/grindcore mixing approach turning into pure auditory carnage.

Also, I second Defeated Sanity and Internal Suffering.

I second all three of those albums.

awm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:18 am 

Sarcofago is actually a good suggestion.

McCannFan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 am 

Iniquity is up there for me, especially their EP "The Hidden Lore". Very intense.

gautam911
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:11 am 

I haven't really listened to any band more brutal than AZARATH; especially the album Diabolic Impious Evil.

spoonhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:24 am 

wigglygore wrote:
My favorite brutal release would definitely have to be 'Last Days Of Humanity - In Advanced Haemoryhaging Conditions". The most just plain: over-the-top and flat out brutal album released by LDOH. Comes across like a beating of sledgehammers that lasts about 13 minutes. The only break you get on this album are the short intro audio clips from movies, that are of your generic 'goregrind image' variety. The drumming comes in two speeds: blasting or insanely fast, and the 'pingy' snare just adds to the aural brutalness. Guitars and bass are massively downtuned, and riffs just saw along with the intensity and ferocity of the drumming. Vocals are pitchshifted and frequent heavily between the tiny intrumental parts. They range from short low grunts, to savage barrages of pitchshifted spew. definitely a brutal album!

I agree on Last Days of Humanity, although I would nominate the Putrefaction in Progress album instead. Its 25mins of jackhammer brutality, without any audio clips or anything.

Sample, as well as hilarious video which you've all probably seen;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZNBcJTmWs

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 am 

McCannFan wrote:
Iniquity is up there for me, especially their EP "The Hidden Lore". Very intense.

that stuff is VERY heavy, and i like the contrast of semi-technical, VERY bludgeoning riff playing with those slick and streamlined solos. brings to mind some of the finer moments of Obituary-Cause of Death.
i wouldn't call that album "brutal" but i would liken it to a steamroller!...driven by a genius, who could solve world hunger with precise mathematical equations but instead finds more joy in flattening EVERYTHING in front of him... while performing calculus.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:12 pm 

rrr8891 wrote:
Cocteau Twins

Since you're new, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...just once though. Knock off the bullshit. If you don't have anything worthwhile to add then don't post.

LargeHadronCollider_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:13 pm 

IMO, Deicide and Morbid Angel are the most brutal bands I ever heard

KingVold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:59 pm 

Id say cannibal corpse. Tomb of the Mutilated is definatlyu the most brutal thing ive evr heard.

I would go for dethklok, but the Brutality found in there music and show is comedy only rather than the shock antics of cannibal corpse.

AppleQueso wrote:
Acidgobblin wrote:
I refuse to listen to a genre using an onamatapoeiac descriptor.

Motion to change "Death Metal" to "EEURRRGHHH"

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:47 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Turismo wrote:
Rotten Sound (Death/Grind)

Yeah, that was one of the bands I was going to mention to him if he wanted some more recommendations. Hopefully, he'll check them out, too.

Turismo wrote:
Orchidectomy

Good band name, but they're not a good band. The vocals completely ruin it for me.

I've got Rotten Sound, they're something else alright.

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:48 pm 

Try MATER TENEBRA-SANGUE and prepare to die. Ultra violent black metal

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next