Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:51 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Yet, if I saw this in the shops, I'd more than likely pick it up.

I'd dub you testicleless, if you didn't.

Seriously though, Morbid Saint are great if your in the mood for really fast and brutal thrash that just doesn't hold back. I wouldn't call it the greatest thrash album ever, either, but it is certainly up there. Definitely worth the time and effort that goes into downloading it, if you aren't up to buying the re-release (or the original if you want to spilll out for it :P). However you acquire it, you must hear "Spectrum of Death," if you want your thrash experience to be complete.

- Tim Minchin

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:52 am 

MikeyC wrote:
MegaHassan wrote:
Well, it's obviously not greatest thrash album ever made

Some of the comments here tend to prove otherwise. :gay: :P

Lol, should have read the rest of my post. I also said "it's one of the best" ;)

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:00 am 

OlioTheSmall wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
Yet, if I saw this in the shops, I'd more than likely pick it up.

I'd dub you testicleless, if you didn't.

What do you think the chances are of any release being at JB?

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 am 

You won't find Morbid Saint stuff in JB... At all.

And if you ever ask that question about any release, check JB's website!

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:05 am 

Bezerko wrote:
You won't find Morbid Saint stuff in JB... At all.

And if you ever ask that question about any release, check JB's website!

Ah, but I have for other releases that escape me, and I've actually ordered from the website, only to find that after a week or two of waiting for them to finally stock it, I get an email saying that the suppliers no longer stock it, and my order is cancelled. Bastards.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:07 am 

Mikey, if you want it, I'd say you would have to get it from here.

- Tim Minchin

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:13 am 

OlioTheSmall wrote:
Mikey, if you want it, I'd say you would have to get it from here.

Oh, I wouldn't have had trouble finding it online, but I was just wondering if JB would ever stock it.

Thanks, though. :thumbsup:

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Sadomator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 pm 

Aarggg, those riffs at Destruction System 02:37 and vocal, man the best part of thrash metal history, fuck Metallica, fuck Testament, MS the ultimate gods!

Please finaly release this jewel.

bom666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:45 pm 

holy cow!!I can't believe Jim has visited EM wow..
u guys must re unite for sure!!ok i;m begging u!!please make a
new album !!i still can't believe that i'm wrighting this kind of thing..
i yell.....Spectrum of Death is the legend!!!

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:32 pm 

Jim,

A few years ago, I used to walk to work with a cassette dub of Spectrum of Death on one side, and Individual Thought Patterns by Death on the other...this was all I listened to for a few weeks until I bought a car where I'd store my tapes hahaha.....that first track blew me away the second I heard the album.

Do you have any legit cassettes left over by any chance? Would you be willing to part with any if you can? My dub has deteriorated with plays...and I'd love an official pressing on tape. Yeah..I am admittedly retarded for still listening to tapes, but my car is my main stereo for now, and It'd be great to have this album on tape....

Also, i saw your tips as a guitarist..and you answered any questions I had...practice makes perfect indeed..I sadly have to work most of the day, so I can't play for hours a day 6 days per week :(

Anyways, take care, glad to see that you're still around and into this shit..

DrivenByDemons
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:48 pm 

Sadomator wrote:
Aarggg, those riffs at Destruction System 02:37 and vocal, man the best part of thrash metal history, fuck Metallica, fuck Testament, MS the ultimate gods!

I respect both Metallica and Testament, but when I heard Destruction System 02:37 I really agreed to you, Sadomator. Totally. By the way, I have chosen this place very long ago as my fav and our tastes are similar.

Jim, Morbid Saint is how thrash should sound, it's godly, words are sensless - we all know it.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:51 pm 

I ordered the re-release almost two months ago but that place is so damn slow... takes for ever to send stuff.

hulyeno2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:28 pm 

I just want to say hello.

Sadomator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:48 pm 

Man, every thrasher in the world would be proud to see Morbid Saint kicking ass again after so many years. IN UNION WE STAND for Morbid Saint :)

DrivenByDemons
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:06 pm 

Yeah, Jim, go on, phone your friends and offer them to come here, to archives, to discuss possibilities of reunion with their fans.

germanwarmachine
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:38 pm 

DrivenByDemons wrote:
Yeah, Jim, go on, phone your friends and offer them to come here, to archives, to discuss possibilities of reunion with their fans.

yes, morbid fuggin saint!!!!!!

latinfiestacarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:32 am 

Spectrum of Death is definitely one of my favourite thrash albums around. So intense and heavy, and so so old school, it's amazing. I have two questions though, one is somewhat silly. Firstly, what is it like to reminisce about 'back in the day' when you were touring with sweet bands? Knowing you have had the oppurtunity to be a musician and play sick shows, and etc. And on top of that knowing you have played with some sick bands, off the top of my head, Death. Secondly, I love the band picture on the Archives. What do you think about when you see that picture? Are you still rockin' those clothes?

MikeyC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:53 pm 

Apologies for bumping an inactive thread, but I just got Spectrum Of Death today. I guess I was a little hasty in saying the ass-kissing is not warranted. It's definitely a very aggressive album, with plenty of speed and anger. I really enjoyed it!

I can't pick out any parts that stood out because I've only heard it once, but rest assured the CD will get spun a lot.

It's unfortunate that Morbid Saint couldn't stay united and create more thrash metal like this. I can't see why they couldn't have become as big as some of the bigger names in thrash such as Destruction, Kreator, Anthrax and the like, had they stayed together.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

_Aargh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:56 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
I can't see why they couldn't have become as big as some of the bigger names in thrash such as Destruction, Kreator, Anthrax and the like, had they stayed together.

Releasing your debut album in 1988 is a bit too late. We all know what happened to thrash's popularity in the 90's.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 pm 

_Aargh wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
I can't see why they couldn't have become as big as some of the bigger names in thrash such as Destruction, Kreator, Anthrax and the like, had they stayed together.

Releasing your debut album in 1988 is a bit too late. We all know what happened to thrash's popularity in the 90's.

Yeah, thrash was not popular in the 90's, but Morbid Saint was heavy enough to be an exception, in my ears.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:35 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
_Aargh wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Yeah, thrash was not popular in the 90's, but Morbid Saint was heavy enough to be an exception, in my ears.

It was still Thrash though, undeniably of the classic variety that was about to die. You're right though, they should've been huge.

norilor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:43 pm 

Morbid Saint were a very good band. I first found out about them 3 years ago but I never listened to them. Around 7 weeks ago, this girl I know told me to listen to Morbid Saint(I never knew that she liked metal) and I was blown away. Thanks to her I found a very good thrash band.

I hope this get released on cd or something in the near future...

I did not read the thread, but does anyone know what price Spectrum of Death sells for?

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:01 am 

norilor wrote:
I hope this get released on cd or something in the near future...

norilor wrote:
I did not read the thread

:lol:

It's been re-released on CD a few times, by my knowledge. One was just last year. You can pick it up quite easily.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:26 am 

Thanks for keeping in touch with the fans Morbid. That really means a lot. I'm sure this has been said already numerous times but Spectrum of Death is one of the most vicious and headbangable albums I have heard. The intro. to Scars is one of my favorite riffs. If you get a chance you should check out the forum in my signature. Wide variety of thrashers post there with Exumer, Whiplash, Fueled by Fire being some of the bands that do.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4