Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:20 am 

Topic, also by brutal i don't mean Brutal Death Metal etc. i mean most intense in general.

My nominee and I'm pretty sure I'll get some shit for this.... Aborted (Goremageddon in particular).

Also, sorry if this has thread has been done before, my screen freezes everytime i try to search it.
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:22 am 

Any reasons for your choice?
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

rrr8891
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:22 am 

The Smiths

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:24 am 

Out of all the bands i listen to they just seem the most intense, that is everything goes together (on that album) and just has a sort of crush your skull without a second thought vibe. Though Anaal Nathrakh is a close second, for the same reasons.
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:28 am 

Dethklok

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:29 am 

I respect free speech and opinions but Dethklok? Really? If your being sarcastic my sensor is broken.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:30 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
I respect free speech and opinions but Dethklok? Really? If your being sarcastic my sensor is broken.

Your sensor is broken.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:30 am 

Yeah I thought it was.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:33 am 

Bump
I want this on top of forum until i fall asleep.

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:34 am 

I'd say that Defeated Sanity are the heaviest band I know of. Especially their latest album, Psalms Of The Moribund. Check it out :nods:

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:35 am 

Defeated Sanity huh? Yeah most of their stuff I've heard is pretty far up on the brutal/intense scale.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:35 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
Bump
I want this on top of forum until i fall asleep.

No, you may not do that. I'm not sure if there is a solid policy against doing that, but I'm sure a mod will not tolerate it.
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:

Briefcase Full of Guts? Bloodrocuted? Go Forth and Die? Murmaider? Blood Ocean? Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle?

no jokes here, this is the most brutal band ever, blacker than the blackest black times infinity. they came here to make metal "metal".

Last edited by Eurnonymous on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 am 

There a way to delete it then?
Besides going in and editing it to say something else.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:39 am 

Eurnonymous wrote:
Briefcase Full of Guts? Bloodrocuted? Go Forth and Die? Murmaider? Blood Ocean? Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle?

no jokes here, this is the most brutal band ever, blacker than the blackest black times infinity. they came here to make metal "metal".

Once again sarcasm? If not Anaal Nathrakh challenges them to a blacker than the blackest black times infinty show down. The Location? The Seveth Ring of Hell.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:39 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
There a way to delete it then?
Besides going in and editing it to say something else.
You can't delete it; but it's probably fine. I don't think you'll be punished for doing that once.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:40 am 

Thanks.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:42 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
Eurnonymous wrote:

Once again sarcasm? If not Anaal Nathrakh challenges them to a blacker than the blackest black times infinty show down. The Location? The Seveth Ring of Hell.

Anal Nutcrack are but a mallcore band compared to Dethklok.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:42 am 

Taking sarcasm too far can be deemed trolling.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:43 am 

Eurnonymous wrote:
Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
Eurnonymous wrote:

Anal Nutcrack are but a mallcore band compared to Dethklok.

Let's see Dethkok top Castigation and Betrayal.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:44 am 

This argument is over because of my short attention span.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:46 am 

I'm being a hypocrite but, what's a nutcrack?

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:49 am 

Your future doesn't look to bright at this rate kid.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:50 am 

If refering to me, smarter words have never been said.
If refering to eurnonymus, no comment.

overkill666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:52 am 

Leechmaster wrote:
I'd say that Defeated Sanity are the heaviest band I know of. Especially their latest album, Psalms Of The Moribund. Check it out :nods:

I agree with you, very much so. Defeated Sanity is very heavy, and aren't boring, which is always a plus. With that said, go listen to them.

rrr8891
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:54 am 

Cocteau Twins

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:56 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
My nominee and I'm pretty sure I'll get some shit for this.... Aborted (Goremageddon in particular).

I can see why you chose this, actually. It's relentless and punishing, but it's not in the brutal, unbelievably down-tuned realm where heaviness becomes a joke.

My vote would more than likely have to go to Misericordiam's EP, Unanimity And The Cessation Of Hostility. It only goes for 13 minutes, but it's 13 minutes of unrelenting pain. The music barely lets up and continues to kick you while you're down, leaving your ears a sprawling mess. The vocals are not of your BREE BREE variety and every instrument is mixed with purpose and precision. That single EP is brutality defined.

Everyone's version of what they think is the heaviest album ever is different, so I can't see this thread living harmoniously. Everyone can feel free to disagree with me, though. ;)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:00 am 

Your right about it not living in peace, thats for sure, as for Unanimity And The Cessation Of Hostility, i might have to check it out because as far as i'm concerned, the more brutal the better.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:03 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
Your right about it not living in peace, thats for sure, as for Unanimity And The Cessation Of Hostility, i might have to check it out because as far as i'm concerned, the more brutal the better.

Oh, really? Well, definitely check out that EP, as you'll more than likely love it. What bands do you know, so I don't recommend stuff you already have?

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:10 am 

Most brutal bands I have are:
Aborted (obviously) Anaal Nathrakh Watchmaker (they are iffy) Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis (depends on your opinion of goregrind) Carcass (Their first is as sick as it gets) Leng Tch'e (not brutal but insane). I have tons more but thats all i can think of off the top of my head. For complete list you can check my collection, but it's kinda long, and i'll probably get flamed, but it is almost entirely downloads (i'm poor-ish and don't have any metal stores in my area).

Last edited by Celtic_Fire_666 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
XmetaljesseX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:11 am 

Discharge

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:16 am 

My iPods next to me so here are some more.
Abaddon Incarnate (If Funeral Doom Counts) Abyssmal Sorrow Ahab Blasphtized (your stereotypical Slam/Brutal Death) Commit Suicide (opinion will vary) Birdflesh/Jigsore Terror (ditto) Insect Warfare (Ditto 2) They:Swarm/Whorecore Venereal Messiah (they don't sound brutal but their genre does Brutal Goregrind). That's about it for most brutal.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:19 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
Most brutal bands I have are:
Aborted (obviously) Anaal Nathrakh Watchmaker (they are iffy) Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis (depends on your opinion of goregrind) Carcass (Their first is as sick as it gets) Leng Tch'e (not brutal but insane). I have tons more but thats all i can think of off the top of my head. For complete list you can check my collection, but it's kinda long, and i'll probably get flamed, but it is almost entirely downloads (i'm poor-ish and don't have access to any good metal stores in my area).

Okay, I had a run through your, ahem, "collection" there. You have some decent taste.

Now, if you enjoyed Origin, you'll love Fleshgod Apocalypse (who have not released an album yet, but they will in March), and Hour Of Penance, particularly their latest one The Vile Conception. It's a really good album that you have to get.

Also, if you liked Odious Mortem's Cryptic Implosion, get the latest Severed Savior album, Servile Insurrection. It's pretty much the same music with the same vocalist, except Severed Savior is more controlled and less technical. It's easier to keep down, basically.

For some brutal death with gurgled vocals, try Malodorous. The sound is quite bass-heavy, but it doesn't feel too low. Give that a try.

Finally, get Weeping Birth's latest album, Anosognosic Insustry Of The I. Over 70 minutes of brutality that doesn't feel stretched out or boring. Seriously, one of my favourite albums of the year.

First things first: Check out the Misericordiam EP! :D

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:20 am 

Noted and thank you.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:22 am 

You probably noticed but i'm sort of OCD about music and absolutely (usually) must have full discographies, which is why it's so long.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:27 am 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
You probably noticed but i'm sort of OCD about music and absolutely (usually) must have full discographies, which is why it's so long.

Heh, you wouldn't be the only one. Unfortunately for you, then, the Misericordiam EP is far, far superior to everything else they've done, so you'll only get 13 minutes of good music with an hour of bad. :P

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:27 am 

I just checked out Misericordiam (the ep).... Holy Shit, that's a new level of brutal.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 am 

Yeah, it's really full-on. :) I had a feeling you'd like it.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:33 am 

Congratulations (i'm about to earn 50 geek points and 100 xbox nerd points) Achievement unlocked: Show me the most brutal thing i've heard. Your reward you are hence forth known as being more adept in the extreme glorious creature we call Metal than me, and that's saying something if you know me personally, because I am obssessed with everything that is Metal.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:35 am 

About your sig, I believe I love you to now.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next