Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 am 

Quick question to all the knowledgable folk out there - was this album ever released on CD in a official manner? I know there are some talks here and there of a recent re-issue on Iron Works Records...does anybody know anything about this? Looking for some info because I wanna buy the goddamn thing.

http://cgi.ebay.pl/LIEGE-LORD-FREEDOMS- ... 1|240:1318

Here is the ebay auction to the item - does this scream bootleg or is this the real thing?

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:53 am 

As far as I know, Freedom's Rise has only been reissued by Black Dragon with that other cover art. I certainly could be wrong though.

http://www.liegelord.com/main.php?page=discography
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Wladza
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:33 pm 

I have Freedom's Rise on CD from a 2000 pressing done by Old Metal Records. It has the original Black Dragon cover art as well.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:29 pm 

Wladza wrote:
I have Freedom's Rise on CD from a 2000 pressing done by Old Metal Records. It has the original Black Dragon cover art as well.

As far as I know this is a bootleg release. As most Old Metal titles are really.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:43 pm 

Zdan wrote:
Wladza wrote:

As far as I know this is a bootleg release. As most Old Metal titles are really.

It does in deed seem likely given his history of trickery and abuse. It is also what I have heard, though I have no definitive word on it. Someone should perhaps contact the band.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

~Guest 3496
Exterminator 666 Does Not Answer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:41 pm 

Old Metal is mostly legit these days and has been for a couple years it seems. Also in some cases band's whose stuff was on Old Metal when it was a questionable operation have expressed appreciation for Fowley's efforts to spread their music again. Aggression is one such example that I know for certain. I've never heard of him deceiving or abusing anyone, though.

Wladza
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:16 pm 

It could be a Bootleg, but it is so well done I just never really saw it that way. I know it doesn't mean much, but it has the current contact information for the Band at the time and it definitely has that "love of the Music" feel to it and not so much "cash grab". Some of the Old Metal titles were simple cover only albums with no liner notes which looked liked Bootlegs, but this one is pretty professional looking. It came out just a couple of years after the Band was having their other two albums repressed by Metal Blade Records.

If anything, if you run into this version of the album, it's worth buying...the music is great!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.