Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MDeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:16 am 

I have a question about the Roadracer Pricekillers presses.
basically, what are these presses? how are they different from the regular Roadracer presses?
And in time they were pressed? If a CD was pressed also by regular Roadracer press and also by Pricekillers press, was it on the same date?
I want to know this because I want to know if these presses are considered as 1st presses.

Thanks!

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:01 pm 

MDeth wrote:
basically, what are these presses? how are they different from the regular Roadracer presses?
And in time they were pressed? If a CD was pressed also by regular Roadracer press and also by Pricekillers press, was it on the same date?
I want to know this because I want to know if these presses are considered as 1st presses.

Thanks!

Special CD-pressings (probably first-time-on-CD-pressings) by Roadrunner of several LPs on vinyl. And really good sounding (not like these first Noise Records CDs as an example, which all had very low volume.

Or read this:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... p?p=888992

Valgrinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:09 pm 

Because most of those records were published back in the days of vinyl, Roadracer released them later on CD and named them as Pricekillers. So then they were just rereleases of older records, but first time in compact disc format.

Dont know if thats the case with all those releases, I only have Pricekillers Carnivore

Valgrinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:15 pm 

peterott wrote:
MDeth wrote:

Thanks!

Special CD-pressings (probably first-time-on-CD-pressings) by Roadrunner of several LPs on vinyl. And really good sounding (not like these first Noise Records CDs as an example, which all had very low volume.

Or read this:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... p?p=888992

Just wondering, how about those "not Roadracers own" records? There seems to be stuff from Combat, Neat, Metal Blade etc. Were those licensed or are they just sublabels of Roadracer?

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:28 pm 

Roadrunner licensed a lot of vinyl already in mid-80es (Combat-ones like Possessed, Neat-stuff like Venom, ...) for European distribution and thats probably how they got the rights to release this stuff in early 90es on CD again.

MDeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:15 pm 

Thanks man, that was really helpful!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.