Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:02 pm 

LokiGoddess wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
i hope to Christ Reifert you're thinking of GOOD things about Autopsy...

Who, me?

HUUUUGE Autopsy fan.

hahah ok good just checking

latinfiestacarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:10 pm 

I'm kinda confused on what exactly the cover is...? The samples sound (not trying to say the same as everyone else) exactly like Kill. However this isnt completely bad because I found Kill to be a pretty good Death Metal album.

RandyJames16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
the non bias truth and reality is somewhere between the last 2 posts

Cannibal Corpse are a good, solid VERY relevant band.
the best?...nope. but an institution? you betcha.
denial will get you nowhere, they aren't where they are because they are the bottom of the food chain... but i do like some other groups more.

I totally agree. I actually need to start buying CC albums, especially 'The Bleeding' because I believe that was the peak of their career.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:07 am 

Rammknot wrote:
The_Boss wrote:
Hell yeah I'm so excited for this. Kill is easily their best album to date and Corpsegrinder is on top of his game, love the sound.

If on top of his game you mean world of warcraft then you would be correct.

LOLOMG GUD 1.

You should write lyrics for Dethklok :roll:

But seriously, Kill is by far Cannibal Corpse's best I think and if this sounds anything like Kill did... then that's a great thing.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:16 pm 

“For Evisceration Plague we enlisted legendary gore/horror artist Vincent Locke, who has done artwork for all of our releases. He did two pieces for us this time, a dark and foreboding cover piece, and a violent and gory piece for the interior of the CD packaging. Vince has shown once again that he is a master of capturing a macabre and eerie vibe with his artwork.

via Alex Webster

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:28 pm 

Well I cant wait for this. Maybe around the time this album comes out il catch up on their albums that I havnt gotten yet.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:35 pm 

the cover art is lame. First kill, now this.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:40 pm 

mentalselfmutilation wrote:

read what i quoted, this is the slip case art, not the full art.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:43 pm 

Have you ever seen the Centuries of Torment DVD? Locke gets pretty pissed off when they change or tone down his work. He apparently got all up in arms about The Bleeding after they just blew up that one small section of his intricate design. He was upset about Kill as well, the decaying guy with the knife was supposed to be the cover, but the band decided to change it... I can't quite remember why though. Maybe they're tired of being recognized for their album art and want people to focus on the music more now.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:56 pm 

BastardHead wrote:

Have you ever seen the Centuries of Torment DVD? Locke gets pretty pissed off when they change or tone down his work. He apparently got all up in arms about The Bleeding after they just blew up that one small section of his intricate design. He was upset about Kill as well, the decaying guy with the knife was supposed to be the cover, but the band decided to change it... I can't quite remember why though. Maybe they're tired of being recognized for their album art and want people to focus on the music more now.

hahaha well.. either way the art was lame, the "Kill guy" just makes me think of a bowl of fruity pebbles
but it WAS better than the simple KILL design...or was it, hell i don't know, one thing is for certain, the Butchered at Birth cover style days ARE looooooooong over.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:57 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

hahaha well.. either way the art was lame, the "Kill guy" just makes me think of a bowl of fruity pebbles
but it WAS better than the simple KILL design...or was it, hell i don't know, one thing is for certain, the Butchered at Birth cover style days ARE looooooooong over.

Yeah, I yearn for those days as well. I honestly think that Kill is musically one of my favorites, it's just unfortunate that something as superficial as the fucking cover turns away so many people.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

yg7s7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:01 pm 

The only "Kill" they need to make is killing themselves..

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:42 pm 

It's a shame when people bitch over the album artwork when the music is just fine, as if they're trying to find a reason not to like it.

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:34 pm 

The_Boss wrote:
It's a shame when people bitch over the album artwork when the music is just fine, as if they're trying to find a reason not to like it.

For sure... If the music is good, the Album cover could be solid purple for all I care.....

Obviously, I like cover art a lot, and wished that they (and all bands) cover art that appealed to me - but it's not a deal breaker...

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm 

yg7s7 wrote:

oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

things i want on this album:
more solos than Kill
a more natural/roomy less modern production compared to Kill, even if just a little bit
at least 2 songs with a slow build into a brutal climax, as opposed to their tendency to have 2 songs that slow build to nowhere and 2 songs that are ALL brutal climax HAHA!

was anyone disappointed with Kill?
anyone?.....

doom_monger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:56 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
yg7s7 wrote:

oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

more solos than Kill
a more natural/roomy less modern production compared to Kill, even if just a little bit
at least 2 songs with a slow build into a brutal climax, as opposed to their tendency to have 2 songs that slow build to nowhere and 2 songs that are ALL brutal climax HAHA!

anyone?.....

I didn't like the songs I heard enough to buy the album.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm 

Same boring music with Corpsegrinders trade-mark worthless vocals. No progress since Kill, not worth getting.

Korpsegrinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:42 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
yg7s7 wrote:

oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

more solos than Kill

anyone?.....

First though when I listened to Kill was that the album is just excellent. After few listens it just kinda blended into that same average mass like every post-Tomb albums did. Just boring. Kill was actually worse than The Wretched Spawn imo.

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:20 pm 

I can't complain about Kill because I bought it from Wal-Mart for $10 uncensord. I really liked it, but The first 3 albums are my favorites of thiers.

SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:32 pm 

Korpsegrinder wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
yg7s7 wrote:

oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

more solos than Kill

anyone?.....

First though when I listened to Kill was that the album is just excellent. After few listens it just kinda blended into that same average mass like every post-Tomb albums did. Just boring. Kill was actually worse than The Wretched Spawn imo.

I thought Wretched Spawn was awesome. "It was made to KIIIIIIIIIILL!!!". Crushing stuff

doom_monger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:36 pm 

SpiritOfTheForest wrote:
Korpsegrinder wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
yg7s7 wrote:

oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

more solos than Kill

anyone?.....

I thought Wretched Spawn was awesome. "It was made to KIIIIIIIIIILL!!!". Crushing stuff

The Wretched Spawn IS awesome. :headbang:

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:51 pm 

I own Tomb of the Mutilated, The Bleeding, Vile, Bloodthirst, and Kill. All of them (save for Kill) I had to buy at the used CD store in order to get uncensored. I see The Wretched Spawn fairly often, but it's the censored cover, so I've never bothered. Strangely enough, for Tomb of the Mutilated, the actual CD is plain black with the logo and tracklisting and a note saying "CENSORED VERSION". The cover art is definitely the uncensored art and none of the song titles/lyrics are altered. Out of the five I own, it's a toss up between TotM and Kill for my favorite. The only other one I've had in digital copy was Eaten Back to Life, and I absolutely loved it. I have yet to hear any of the others, unfortunately.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:15 am 

You should definitely get Gore Obsessed, then. It's my personal favourite.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

deathcorpse
Super Cres at Best

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am 

I've had my interest in checking out CC, I have the first 2 albums and I also checked out the most recent DVD in which they have that 3 hour documentary (which I thought was done quite well) and live clips/videos. What I don't understand about it is why on the live clips is there only 1 show with Barnes and the rest are all Corpsegrinder?

Another observation (and obviously it's just that) is that it seems as if Fisher is almost always pictured with a Dethklok shirt on. Now, I can understand the appeal of the cartoon show and all; but somehow him wearing that shirt screams to me self-parody since that band is a rip on the whole genre. It's almost if Paul Stanley from KISS would be constantly wearing Spinal Tap shirts onstage.

What do you guys consider the best Corpsegrinder era album? From what I've seen in the DVD, I liked the sound on VILE which seems to be the first album Fisher is on (although it didn't get that great of reviews on MA).

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:15 pm 

MegaHassan wrote:
I'm not optimistic at all and the death metal album I'm looking forward to most is Obituary's upcoming album.

Based on what? Did you actually enjoy Xecutioners Return? Or have they made some sort of announcement about their new album that I missed? Did they find a guitarist that can write an interesting riff?

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:19 pm 

deathcorpse wrote:
I've had my interest in checking out CC, I have the first 2 albums and I also checked out the most recent DVD in which they have that 3 hour documentary (which I thought was done quite well) and live clips/videos. What I don't understand about it is why on the live clips is there only 1 show with Barnes and the rest are all Corpsegrinder?

Another observation (and obviously it's just that) is that it seems as if Fisher is almost always pictured with a Dethklok shirt on. Now, I can understand the appeal of the cartoon show and all; but somehow him wearing that shirt screams to me self-parody since that band is a rip on the whole genre. It's almost if Paul Stanley from KISS would be constantly wearing Spinal Tap shirts onstage.

What do you guys consider the best Corpsegrinder era album? From what I've seen in the DVD, I liked the sound on VILE which seems to be the first album Fisher is on (although it didn't get that great of reviews on MA).

I like "Vile" ... got introduced to Cannibal COrpse when this came out and I still think songs like "Eaten from Inside" (love that lead guitar) are pretty cool.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:28 pm 

To me, the best thing on Vile was that AWESOME scream Corpsegrinder lets rip at the very start of the album. It's a very solid album though

More_brains
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:37 pm 

Yeah, cannibal corpse is my favourite band, But I only like them for they had barnes. Every thing after the bleeding fucking sucks. I dont mind vile though...Im not going to buy this. Fucking horrible.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:38 pm 

More_brains wrote:
Yeah, cannibal corpse is my favourite band, But I only like them for they had barnes. Every thing after the bleeding fucking sucks. I dont mind vile though...Im not going to buy this. Fucking horrible.

If everything after Vile sucks, how could they possibly be your favourite band? :???:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

White_Witch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:14 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
More_brains wrote:

If everything after Vile sucks, how could they possibly be your favourite band? :???:

Obviously because he loves the earlier shit.
Still haven't heard Kill, except for one song on the radio which sounded ok.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:05 pm 

Since I'm a filthy pirate, I just torrented the remainder of the albums I needed. Gore Obsessed was okay, and The Wretched Spawn was above average. I still haven't heard Butchered at Birth or Gallery of Suicide yet. I'm one of the hordes of people that think they started getting worse after they got Corpsegrinder, but I don't think it really has anything to do with him. It just so happens that it's around the fifth or sixth album that the sameness starts to get irritating. Keep in mind I still at least moderately enjoy everything I've heard, but it's hard to deny that they haven't musically evolved too horribly much since Tomb of the Mutilated.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:10 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Since I'm a filthy pirate, I just torrented the remainder of the albums I needed. Gore Obsessed was okay, and The Wretched Spawn was above average. I still haven't heard Butchered at Birth or Gallery of Suicide yet. I'm one of the hordes of people that think they started getting worse after they got Corpsegrinder, but I don't think it really has anything to do with him. It just so happens that it's around the fifth or sixth album that the sameness starts to get irritating. Keep in mind I still at least moderately enjoy everything I've heard, but it's hard to deny that they haven't musically evolved too horribly much since Tomb of the Mutilated.

Gallery of Suicide is their worst it should have been an EP, 17-20 minutes of it is pretty damned good, but the rest is really bad.
I think one of the biggest problems is actually Pat O'Brien. Pat's a gifted player, but i don't think he's a gifted *writer*

you might like Butchered, that bastard is one evil brutal sick son of a bitch! to me... a TOTAL Classic

Hyperscotty1991
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:07 pm 

I'm quite new to metal and can't really be a voice of authority on this matter but i prefer CC's earlier stuff like Tomb of the Mutilated and The Bleeding. I think Bloodthirst was the last good album. Kill was alright and i suppose Eviceration Plague will be similar but you never know...

Alocer7138r
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:22 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

Gallery of Suicide is their worst it should have been an EP, 17-20 minutes of it is pretty damned good, but the rest is really bad.
I think one of the biggest problems is actually Pat O'Brien. Pat's a gifted player, but i don't think he's a gifted *writer*

you might like Butchered, that bastard is one evil brutal sick son of a bitch! to me... a TOTAL Classic

Gallery of suicide is their best work to me at least. I really like kill but the lyrics aren't as gory as they should be. I'm hoping this album wont have lyrics like kill, they should be gory like the good old days.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:26 pm 

Alocer7138r wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

Gallery of suicide is their best work to me at least. I really like kill but the lyrics aren't as gory as they should be. I'm hoping this album wont have lyrics like kill, they should be gory like the good old days.

interesting
tell me in comparison to some of the others why it's the best?
i admit the songs i do like, i LOVE-absolutely dig a few cuts from it but let's take an average song from the album, say "Headless" with your reasoning behind it, why does it top "I Cum Blood" or "Eaten from Inside"
No let's take a song i think from that album is total crap "Centuries of Torment" how does it stack up to an average or "weaker" song from The Bleeding say... "An Experiment in Homicide"

i really do want to know why Gallery of Suicide is your favorite
i think it's production is terribly muddy, i want to know why you think it's sound even is one of their stronger moments

not that i am dissing you, insulting or looking down my nose on you-a fellow explained rather well why he likes Wolverine Blue and Clandestine but despises Left Hand Path. i'm sure you can for Gallery of Suicide

Morbid89
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
deathcorpse wrote:

I like "Vile" ... got introduced to Cannibal COrpse when this came out and I still think songs like "Eaten from Inside" (love that lead guitar) are pretty cool.

Vile was my first Cannibal album as well, I fucking love it though Tomb Of The Mutilated's probably a bit better. MUMMIFIED IN BARBED WIRAAARRR

frigidpony
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:15 pm 

I loved Kill and thought it was their best in years, maybe even best with Corpsegrinder. Looking forward to the new CD.. especially after getting the 3DVD.

No, I haven't always been such a Corpse fanboy.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:19 pm 

frigidpony wrote:
I loved Kill and thought it was their best in years, maybe even best with Corpsegrinder. Looking forward to the new CD.. especially after getting the 3DVD.

No, I haven't always been such a Corpse fanboy.

I personally love Gore Obsessed. That album is B-grade AMAZING.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2