Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
bsm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:08 pm 

Buy that stuff when it comes out, dont download it like fags, show your support for true death metal. Support Death Metal everyway you can. or would rather have gay core have better sales

Khomaniac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:11 pm 

Core bands will probably have better sales no matter what since it's more mainstream.

Not sure if I would buy the new CC album, maybe used.

Thudburg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:58 pm 

Yeah, and afaik album sales dont make much for the bands, but merch and tickets do.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:15 pm 

Like hell I'm buying Evisceration Plague, Cannibal Corpse is the most overrated and generic death metal band ever. Bloodoath on the other hand I'll buy, sure Suffocation is a bit overrated but they are miles better than Cannibal Corpse.
And while where on the topic, I'm sure many people here are dedicated fans who buy their music.

aaq
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:15 pm 

Suffocation albums have been dull since they got back together and Cannibal Corpse haven´t released anything worth owning since ´Eaten Back to Life´. I have more important things to spend my money on.

Morbid89
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:16 pm 

Gonna be buying both when they come out man. I always buy metal CDs there isn't really any excuse for only downloading them. "I can't afford to buy metal CDs!" Unless you're living far below the poverty line (in which case you probably can't afford a decent Internet connection to download stuff anyway) that's a shit excuse, just get a fucking job and save up.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:31 pm 

bsm wrote:
Buy that stuff when it comes out, dont download it like fags, show your support for true death metal. Support Death Metal everyway you can. or would rather have gay core have better sales

K BRO.

----------------
Now playing: Candlemass - Solitude
via FoxyTunes

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:42 pm 

Don't worry, I won't download it or buy it. Cannibal Corpse gets more sells than they deserve anyway. Same goes for Suffocation.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:47 pm 

Morbid89 wrote:
Gonna be buying both when they come out man. I always buy metal CDs there isn't really any excuse for only downloading them. "I can't afford to buy metal CDs!" Unless you're living far below the poverty line (in which case you probably can't afford a decent Internet connection to download stuff anyway) that's a shit excuse, just get a fucking job and save up.

I download CDs, but I buy the ones I like, or the ones I'm already assured I will like. I think downloading is a great thing for unknown bands to get their music out to people, since anyone can get it. Bands also get most of their profit from concerts and merchandise and at least I don't know a way to download a t-shirt.

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:57 pm 

Morbid89 wrote:

Same here. I always buy CDs and whatnot. I think it's so much better owning the actual CD than some crappy download.

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:58 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
Don't worry, I won't download it or buy it. Cannibal Corpse gets more sells than they deserve anyway. Same goes for Suffocation.

FALSE. Suffocation is easily one of the greatest death metal bands ever. That said, it's true that their latest albums haven't been quite as good as their material before they broke up, so I'll wait and see how this next album is before buying it. I have heard various rumors, though, that are encouraging. As for Cannibal Corpse, I will not be buying their new CD. They've released too much material already.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:05 pm 

thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:

TRUE. Suffocation is easily one of the most overrated death metal bands ever. That said, it's true that their latest albums have been even worse than their material before they broke up, so I'll wait and see how terrible the next album is before buying it like an idiot.

I understand completely.

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:13 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
TRUE. Suffocation is easily one of the most overrated death metal bands ever.

What possible justification could you have for this claim?

red_blood_inside
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:15 pm 

Morbid89 wrote:

I agree that the original cds are much better than a folder in the computer, but I download a lot, mainly to know about the band sound and stuff, if I like the album, I'll buy it, if I have the money. I have a decent internet conection because here in my country is not really expensive, I don't live under the line of poverty, but I have 2 kids and not a great salary, and cds here costs a lot, so, that beng said, I think that "I can't afford to by metal cds" is not an excuse but a reality. Maybe you are rich, maybe yo have nothing else than metal cds to spend your money, but that is your reality, not mine.
Not hearsay but the will of man

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:30 pm 

If I can find them when they come out I'll buy them.

Last.fm

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:35 pm 

thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:

Sub par riffing, boring song structure, overuse of blast beats, uninspired vocals, niggers.. You act like I am the only person who doesn't like suffocation. I'm sure their are plenty of people who find them overrated. They probably aren't the most overrated death metal band, but they are quite overrated.

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:

Sub par riffing, boring song structure, overuse of blast beats, uninspired vocals, niggers.. You act like I am the only person who doesn't like suffocation. I'm sure their are plenty of people who find them overrated. They probably aren't the most overrated death metal band, but they are quite overrated.

You're wrong on every count. Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. I know you're not the only one who holds that opinion, but it's still extremely illogical. Regardless, I'm not going to argue with someone who would criticize a band for having 'niggers' in it.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:43 pm 

Nyaricus wrote:
bsm wrote:

K BRO.

----------------
Now playing: Candlemass - Solitude
via FoxyTunes

Only support death metal record sales. THAT'S IT.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:01 pm 

aaq wrote:
Suffocation albums have been dull since they got back together and Cannibal Corpse haven´t released anything worth owning since ´Eaten Back to Life´. I have more important things to spend my money on.

i love differing opinions
i enjoy the Suffocation self titled immensely and i pity your ears never hearing BloodThirst :)

dk555
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:02 pm 

Geting Bloodoath day it comes out, Cannibal corpse, i'll have to see the reviews i guess

Funeral_Shadow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:02 pm 

bsm wrote:

You know, just because of this funny yet not-meant-to-be-humorous post you made, I will download the albums despite not having any real desire to listen to them just to spite you for even making a thread like this.

My eBay page which usually has rare OOP metal shirts and CD's: Click Here

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:26 pm 

thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:
thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:

You're wrong on every count. Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. I know you're not the only one who holds that opinion, but it's still extremely illogical. Regardless, I'm not going to argue with someone who would criticize a band for having 'niggers' in it.

The niggers thing was a joke. I honestly could care less. My opinion is not "wrong" either.

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
The niggers thing was a joke. I honestly could care less. My opinion is not "wrong" either.

Fair enough. One never can tell over the internet, but you're still wrong about Suffocation. :p

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:37 pm 

thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:

Fair enough. One never can tell over the internet, but you're still wrong about Suffocation. :p

Listening to Effigy Of The Forgotten right now. Probably their best album. Clearly not worth more than 80% though.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:58 pm 

@ thomash: Yeah I definitely don't care at all for Suffocation. You can kid all you want, but the fact is that we all have different opinions. So you got offended. Boohoo. Grow up.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:01 pm 

I always buy albums I like, however I can.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:02 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
@ thomash: Yeah I definitely don't care at all for Suffocation. You can kid all you want, but the fact is that we all have different opinions. So you got offended. Boohoo. Grow up.

i dunno about that last statement there, tomash seemed pretty coherent with his statements, didn't read like much of a whiner to me...

Suffocation ARE overrated
much how DismembeR are UNDERrated

"just barely"

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:05 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
Listening to Effigy Of The Forgotten right now. Probably their best album. Clearly not worth more than 80% though.

I would give Effigy, Pierced, and Breeding scores in the high 80s to 90s.

DrommerOmDod
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:07 pm 

Suffocation aren't so much overrated as they are appreciated for the wrong reasons.

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:09 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:

I think you're misreading my posts but I don't particularly care.

unsane69
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:09 pm 

Funeral_Shadow wrote:

You know, just because of this funny yet not-meant-to-be-humorous post you made, I will download the albums despite not having any real desire to listen to them just to spite you for even making a thread like this.

I intend to do the same, and add the injury of emailing the .rars to the OP thrice a day for a month.
BTW. this thread is gayer than a Pride march.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 pm 

DrommerOmDod wrote:
Suffocation aren't so much overrated as they are appreciated for the wrong reasons.

exactly
good band, i like them. but this nails it.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:
thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:

You're still a dumbass for even bringing it up. It's not even remotely amusing or humorous.

I'm surprised this thread has lasted as long as it has... but I don't see the problem with downloading first before buying; that's what I always do at least. I support bands however I can, but it's fairly dumb to think that just cuz we all start buying the CDs then -core will be less popular.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:22 pm 

I'll download them just to spite you then, k?

Both bands are overrated, indeed. I've got more important things to buy currently.

As for older stuff though, I don't mind the bands. My breeding the spawn cassette regularly comes with me when i'm on the road, along with my vile cassette since they're among two of my favorites as far as the cassettes I own, but lately I could care less for both bands.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:41 pm 

The_Boss wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:
thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:
thomash wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:

You're still a dumbass for even bringing it up. It's not even remotely amusing or humorous.
Don't be a jackass. The fact is that black people are not very prominent in the extreme metal. Obviously it stands out when a band has not one but two black members. I'm sorry that seeing the word nigger makes you so upset.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:53 am 

Will I buy those albums specifically? No. At least, not unless I become a fan of those bands at some point. Do I spend most of my disposable income buying genuine CDs and DVDs and refusing to pirate music as a matter of principle? Yes. It took me a while to reach this point, but I'm glad I have.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:57 am 

I will be acquiring the Cannibal Corpse album.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.