Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ishna
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:34 am 

I'd been eagerly awaiting this release and now that it's out i'm very happy with the final product, but i would have preferred more vocals & lyrics with the original vocalist, but jamie does a good job.

anyone else into them?

http://www.myspace.com/theredshore

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:50 am 

Why is that I'm hearing about this album freaking EVERYWHERE? What is it about this band? It's like every time I open a CD there's an ad for it, and every time I walk into JB Hifi it's leaping out at me. Plus it keeps coming up on other forums. I'm not knocking them, but I want to know why they've become the next big thing so suddenly.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:26 am 

ENKC wrote:
Why is that I'm hearing about this album freaking EVERYWHERE? What is it about this band? It's like every time I open a CD there's an ad for it, and every time I walk into JB Hifi it's leaping out at me. Plus it keeps coming up on other forums. I'm not knocking them, but I want to know why they've become the next big thing so suddenly.

They are a band from Geelong, down here in Victoria. I had never heard any hype about them until one of the members died in a car crash earlier this year, while on tour i think. Death does amazing things for some bands....

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:56 am 

I love this band but its hard for me to get my hands on their music being their from AU.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:13 pm 

I was told they're a deathcore band but MA lists them as Death/Grind/Hardcore. What do they really sound like?

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:23 pm 

MegaHassan wrote:
I was told they're a deathcore band but MA lists them as Death/Grind/Hardcore. What do they really sound like?

The link for their myspace is in the OP. I would say they definetely sound deathcore but they dont emphasice the chug-chug breakdowns every 5 seconds. To me, their vocalist sounds very similary to Johny Davey of Job For A Cowboy but musicaly they are very different.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:24 pm 

Boring riffs, blast beats, crappy screams and half decent growls. Yep deathcore.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm 

These guys are a really good band, also the new release is basically full on death metal. Very little -Core left in them.
Also Jamie is an extremely good vocalist.

Last.fm

JustinBaker8484
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:06 pm 

Rottenrectum wrote:
Boring riffs, blast beats, crappy screams and half decent growls. Yep deathcore.

Its not always like that, but yeah it is really sad that the majority is like that.

eViLbOrIs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:09 pm 

I've come to realize that sometimes one is able to judge a band by their looks, and that it's usually only possible to do so in situations where said band sucks.

What this says about The Red Shore, well...here's a link, and you can figure the rest out for yourselves.

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/ ... _photo.jpg

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:07 am 

I just listened to two songs from Unconsecrated and it's pretty decent. Will give a full listen later on when I'm done with my Exodus/Overkill/Obituary binge today

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:59 am 

This is actually very, very good. There are some tech death and slam death (some of the breakdowns are more slam-ish) moments on this album. The solos are also pretty melodic and they offer a nice contrast to the heavy chugging riffage.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:00 pm 

JustinBaker8484 wrote:
Rottenrectum wrote:

Its not always like that, but yeah it is really sad that the majority is like that.

No of course not, but it's basically as frequent as black metal is satanic. It's one of the most uninspired genres I've come across.

Ishna
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 am 

it'd be great if people would stop trying to pigeon-hole a band's music into genres, i wish people would just listen to music as a universal entity without preconceptions or attitudes towards it or a band.

i hope that made sense, i just got home from work and am tired.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 am 

That's ludicrous, a band plays a certain genre of music, no one has to like it. These guys play deathcore, a genre many don't like. So what, they shouldn't call the band deathcore because it might create preconceptions? That's the whole point of genre tags existing, so that one might be able to identify a trait in the band. My preconception is that these guys are a deathcore band, AKA a band of a genre I dislike and always will and therefore I will avoid this band.

That's not pigeon-holing, that's intelligence.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:04 am 

Uh oh, my coreometer is picking up signs of failure!

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:08 am 

"Hmm, something isn't right, my shitcore senses are tingling!"

Metalman, Metalman, does whatever Metal can!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.