Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:02 pm 

Motleydude wrote:
I don't get the criticism. Out of all the newest death metal I've heard this has to be my favorite album. I wasn't obsessive over Smear Campaign but it was a damn fine record...

Out of 5;
4: Enemy of the Music Business
3: Leech
3.5: The Code is Red
3.5: Smear Campaign
5: Time Waits for No Slave

Easily one of the best death metal albums I've heard. It's up there with Clandestine by Entombed and Covenant by Morbid Angel. Yeah, it's that awesome to me. I know my opinion is debatable, but still.

:|

I don't see how you can rank an album that leaked so recently in with classics without it standing the test of time, that makes your opinion suspect to me, I am guessing you are in you're teens? Not that age matters but considering you've all but ignored the absolute classic material, this album can in no way touch Harmony Corruption, FETO, Scum, Utopia Banished, hell I like Fear Emptiness Despair more than this album.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:10 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
Disappointing, feels rehashed; Smear Campaign was way better, and am I the only one that feels ND's weakest material was Diatribes and onwards until their balls finally dropped again on Order of the Leech? (that album seared anus btw)

yes, for me: Fear, Emptiness Despair marked the beginning of an end-i know some liked it, but the difference between it and Utopia Banished are staggering, then after F-E-D the band was almost terrible until Enemy of the Music Business, which was better by a long shot but still... and then Order of the Leech came in and blew it and the others to PIECES. you can effectively skip everything between Utopia Banished and Order of the Leech and be just as well off (even though i do like Enemy of the Music Business)

now, stating the new one nearly tops Clandestine is asinine, please wait a good 5 years or more before judging an album against something of the caliber of Clandestine. PLEASE!!!

Morbidreich
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:10 pm 

Napalm Death have really been on a good run since Order of the Leech. The Code... was probably my least favorite of the recent albums, but Smear Camapaign was very good. I look forward to this new one and I don't doubt it'll kick ass.

PlagueRages
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:35 pm 

Just got back from holiday and damn this is good news! Been checking their site weekly for a release date. Napalm are my favourite band and I'm one of those who likes their post 2000 material the most, though I do like Scum/FETO/MM/HC/UB too. Anyone who wants to sample the album without downloading Diktat is up on their myspace.

Motleydude
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:31 am 

Bit late, I know, but in comparison to my absolute admiration of Clandestine I strongly dislike Left Hand Path. I also like Wolverine Blues a lot... not as much as Clandestine, but more than Left Hand Path.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:39 pm 

Motleydude wrote:
Bit late, I know, but in comparison to my absolute admiration of Clandestine I strongly dislike Left Hand Path. I also like Wolverine Blues a lot... not as much as Clandestine, but more than Left Hand Path.

hahaha well, that's weird. i LOVE Wolverine Blues, more than most...
but you strongly dislike Left Hand Path!?!
i'm at a lost, i can't make fun of you-i'm just confused. maybe you're 13 or something, weak argument but... wow, that's all i got!

halofighter92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:38 pm 

I think I'll get this. I'm overdue for a ND album.

You Suffer part II would be God!

ben_parker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:44 am 

best is the Mentally Murdered mini-LP and BBC sessions

Motleydude
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:07 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
Motleydude wrote:

hahaha well, that's weird. i LOVE Wolverine Blues, more than most...
but you strongly dislike Left Hand Path!?!
i'm at a lost, i can't make fun of you-i'm just confused. maybe you're 13 or something, weak argument but... wow, that's all i got!

Pardon me for not meeting your standards of what is taste, fine sir. I got into music itself when I was 14 and metal in general when I was 16 (and out of pseudo-metal at the same time). I'm 18 now. Sure, I enjoyed stuff like Ozzy from the time I was young, but thrash and death metal took a while.

I like the idea of not getting along with anyone because I seem to make controversy everywhere here. I remember posting about not enjoying -any- power metal, specifically Jag Panzer, and being mobbed.

You guys aren't very good with opinions, are you?

As the saying goes, you're allowed to have your opinion as long as it's completely and entirely in-line with mine...

DanFuckingLucas
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm 

All I can say on the subject of a new Napalm Death album is "Yay."

I'll have to check the tour out. Last time I saw them back in 2003 they were fucking awesome. Mistress opened up, who were great too (as they were every time I saw them) and The Great Deceiver in the middle sucked, and I got headbutted by Tomas.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:29 pm 

Motleydude wrote:

I like the idea of not getting along with anyone because I seem to make controversy everywhere here. I remember posting about not enjoying -any- power metal, specifically Jag Panzer, and being mobbed.

As the saying goes, you're allowed to have your opinion as long as it's completely and entirely in-line with mine...

eh power metal bores me, and maybe you just like being different for the sake of being different (kinda reads that way...)
bottom line, i'm bewildered, not angry or ready to mob
just... confused haha!

Motleydude
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:54 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
Motleydude wrote:

eh power metal bores me, and maybe you just like being different for the sake of being different (kinda reads that way...)
bottom line, i'm bewildered, not angry or ready to mob
just... confused haha!

It may not make much sense, but here's how I see it...

The first Entombed I listened to was Clandestine... so I went back an album after that to Left Hand Path and found that I couldn't... stand... the... vocals... Clandestine's vocals are my favorite in the entirety of death metal, easily. So then I checked out Wolverine Blues and found out that the vocals there sounded like a lighter version of the Clandestine vocals. So they're done by different people (ironic that the guy doing Wolverine Blues also did Left Hand Path) but sound similar.

Other than the vocals, even considering the vocals, Clandestine and Wolverine Blues 'click' with me, whereas Left Hand Path doesn't.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2