Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:22 am 

Only on the first song. I'll post my impressions of it when I listen to it a few times.

Does anyone else have it yet? Anyone listen to it? Opinions?

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:16 am 

Its strange how quickly albums are leaked. Downloading now. I have high hopes for this, Napalm Death never dissapoint.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:20 am 

MegaHassan wrote:
Its strange how quickly albums are leaked.

and disturbing, and... disgusting

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:16 am 

the16th6toothson wrote:
MegaHassan wrote:
Its strange how quickly albums are leaked.

and disturbing, and... disgusting

Seconded. It's the scourge of the internet era. We enjoy it for discussion on boards like this and for YouTube clips but it has its downside overall. Nothing is secretive or underground anymore. About 18 years ago none of this would be the case.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:30 am 

Ha, I forgot about Napalm Death bringing out a new album. I'm not a huge fan, to be honest, but it will be worth a listen. I don't have high expectations for it, actually, and I really think I'll be disappointed.

EDIT: About the leaking of albums, I agree that it's bad, but it's the way it is. Having said that, it's only the end of November and it's leaked...if it leaked a week before it's release date, that would be alright, but this early is a little extreme.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:04 am 

I do like them alot but I prefer Barney's work in Benediction and Lee Dorian's work in Napalm Death than his but I prefer he stay in Cathedral as they are of my favorite bands.

foz45139
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:27 am 

I refuse to listen to any of these leaks, as I said in the Kreator thread.

Come on guys, wait for it to be released, get off your computers and get down the music shop!
Once I was done throwing up I had to take another shit. Again it was diarrhea! While diarrhea was coming out of my ass I began to throw up. This fucking sucked! If only I had some Disgorge playing it might not have sucked ass much.

balkonas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:50 am 

foz45139 wrote:

Come on guys, wait for it to be released, get off your computers and get down the music shop!

Not every country has a music shop :D

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:52 am 

balkonas wrote:
foz45139 wrote:

now i'm getting angry haha...

YEAH!!! BUT YOU GOT THE INTERNET RIGHT!?!!?!?!!?!?!?

...ORDER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

balkonas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:14 am 

the16th6toothson wrote:
balkonas wrote:
foz45139 wrote:

now i'm getting angry haha...

YEAH!!! BUT YOU GOT THE INTERNET RIGHT!?!!?!?!!?!?!?

...ORDER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a credit card I would :D

Mungo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:24 am 

balkonas wrote:
foz45139 wrote:

Not every person has enough money to spend on every single CD which s/he is interested in, either.

ScratchMyBack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:50 am 

And not every country the CDs would pass the customs officer.

Edit:However, Napalm Death seems okay in my country but not Black Metal bands though. Since I've bought most of Napalm Death's album, I'll get this one too.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:35 am 

ScratchMyBack wrote:

Edit:However, Napalm Death seems okay in my country but not Black Metal bands though. Since I've bought most of Napalm Death's album, I'll get this one too.

i have friends in India, the problem isn't exactly "black metal bad... Napalm Death good"
it's more like

"as a customs official, do i want to take this CD home with me, or does it look stupid enough to let the person have it, or maybe i will be a dick and just throw it away"

i do see some of your positions on the whole custom thing, that's the ONLY argument i will accept (because there IS paypal...mailed cash, checks, trades -whatever!!!)
yknow... if you have access to the internet and can afford internet connection, OBVIOUSLY you can buy a CD every now and again!
i've seen many people prove time and time again if you really do love the stuff, you'll find a way to get it.

now watch me be a total hypocrite jackass and say:

could someone pm me, i'd like to hear 2-4 tracks as a taste of whats to come ("try before you buy" is ok just not stealing entire albums!!!)

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:00 pm 

Right, didn't know you were the chief authority on downloading. I'd like to issue a mass apology from all of us downloaders to you, the 16th6toothson.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:07 pm 

People like 16th6toothson seem to forget that not everyone has the money to buy albums. I'll stick to downloading until 1.)The value of the rupee in comparison to the dollar improves or 2.) I win the lottery.

yg7s7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:21 pm 

hmm just a question regarding leakage, how do music or movies get leaked? Can anyone explain the specific "process"?

awm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:23 pm 

Can anyone post a picture of a high horse?

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:35 pm 

yg7s7 wrote:
hmm just a question regarding leakage, how do music or movies get leaked? Can anyone explain the specific "process"?

Generally there's two methods (correct me if I'm wrong people) to leak a CD. The first is by people who receive advance promo copies for review and the like or shop owners/distributors.

The second is from CDs getting flogged from the factory (they're often discarded for very minor faults) garbage areas by (probably paid to do it) workers.

RegularK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:39 pm 

and sometimes engineers and people who helped actually make the album leak it. Promo method is the most common I think.

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:01 pm 

Guys, this thread is supposed to be about the new Napalm Death, not illegal downloading.

Gave the album a listen last night. Listening to it again now. I like it.

EDIT: Actually, a thread popped up where people are actually discussing the album.

Aadil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:05 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
ScratchMyBack wrote:

i have friends in India, the problem isn't exactly "black metal bad... Napalm Death good"
it's more like

"as a customs official, do i want to take this CD home with me, or does it look stupid enough to let the person have it, or maybe i will be a dick and just throw it away"

i do see some of your positions on the whole custom thing, that's the ONLY argument i will accept (because there IS paypal...mailed cash, checks, trades -whatever!!!)
yknow... if you have access to the internet and can afford internet connection, OBVIOUSLY you can buy a CD every now and again!
i've seen many people prove time and time again if you really do love the stuff, you'll find a way to get it.

now watch me be a total hypocrite jackass and say:

could someone pm me, i'd like to hear 2-4 tracks as a taste of whats to come ("try before you buy" is ok just not stealing entire albums!!!)

You're way off, son. Don't try to hypothesize about situations you have no idea of. Just because you have friends in 'india' does not cover every hurdle there is, to acquiring metal, or suggest that you know how shit-goes-down, all around.

On-topic: let's see how it sounds!

hornyjohnny
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:34 pm 

MegaHassan wrote:
People like 16th6toothson seem to forget that not everyone has the money to buy albums. I'll stick to downloading until 1.)The value of the rupee in comparison to the dollar improves or 2.) I win the lottery.

Agreed not everyone has money to purchase every single album released ...........but i do know Napalm Death isnt an underground band anymore ..........Their album Smear Campaign sold for Rupees 195/- (less than 5 dollars ) in India and sold off quite a bit . Anybody can easily save 5 dollars by cutting down on their alcohol/stupid branded clothes expenditure and can make use of such cash in a productive way . I have friends , idiots to be honest who always complain that foreign labels are so costly/the dollar price has increased blah blah blah but do not think twice before spending on some belgian beer import which costs like 10 dollars . Fucking hell you can spend 10 dollars on a 330 ml Hoegaarden for 30 minutes pleasure but cant support a band who has been delivering kickass grindcore since 1987 . I pity you , seriously

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:48 pm 

To all who are guilty: Knock off the bullshit. If you want to talk about the new Napalm Death, do it.

This thread is not about legalities or the morality of downloading music. If you want to discuss that, make another thread.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:52 pm 

plus, the other thread was posted before this one. this should have never been made.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.