Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:03 am 

Hey. I like black metal but a lot of the newer stuff is stupid, its just sucking satans cock crap BM. I like intelligent stuff like Burzum, Behemoth, Trollech, Nocturnal Depression, Bornholm, Algoch, Asmodi, Nokturnal Mortum, Immortal and stuff like that. I'm 12 and i'm more mature than these newer bm bands going around like faggots giving satan a fucking blowjob. any of you guys have any recomendations for non-satanic, pagan, intelligent and meaningful black metal?

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:09 am 

:lol:

(Yes, gaunt, I know, I know. Do what you gotta do.)

tallman2555
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:13 am 

I can tell from this post you still have a lot of growing up to do. "like faggots giving satan a fucking blowjob" is a kinda immature thing to say. But your only 12, so I suppose its expected.

I

BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:18 am 

tallman2555 wrote:
I can tell from this post you still have a lot of growing up to do. "like faggots giving satan a fucking blowjob" is a kinda immature thing to say. But your only 12, so I suppose its expected.

I

bullshit.

thats what most of these newer bm bands do

they think theyre so evil and satanic but theyre just a bunch of posers. my manner of speaking also should not determine if i have "growing up to do". i choose to speak in a vulgar manner and ill do so if i want and if you dont like it you can shove it up your ass =]

tallman2555
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:19 am 

BehemothBurzumCOBHC wrote:
tallman2555 wrote:

I

bullshit.

thats what most of these newer bm bands do

they think theyre so evil and satanic but theyre just a bunch of posers. my manner of speaking also should not determine if i have "growing up to do". i choose to speak in a vulgar manner and ill do so if i want and if you dont like it you can shove it up your ass =]

my point exactly.

LokiGoddess
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:24 am 

Hey. I like black metal but a lot of the newer stuff is stupid, its just sucking satans cock crap BM. I like intelligent stuff like Burzum, Behemoth, Trollech, Nocturnal Depression, Bornholm, Algoch, Asmodi, Nokturnal Mortum, Immortal and stuff like that. I'm 12 and i'm more mature than these newer bm bands going around like faggots giving satan a fucking blowjob. any of you guys have any recomendations for non-satanic, pagan, intelligent and meaningful black metal?

That's fine and nice if you don't like modern "Satanic" black metal, but please post such vague requests in the newly reformed Black Metal Help thread. This is just not specific enough to warrant a thread of it's own.

Humanity_Lost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:05 am 

I don't know, I guess Ashen Light's "Pesn' Velesa" - pagan themed black metal from Russia.

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:19 am 

I apologize to the mods for even responding to this wretchedness, but:

THIS GUY IS OBVIOUSLY A TROLL AND THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED. SERIOUS DISCUSSION IS POINTLESS.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:48 pm 

Non-satanic black metal? Bit of an oxymoron that.
You should be wary of the two types of Satanism practised by black metallers, theistic and LaVeyan.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

LVB
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:06 pm 

http://www.anus.com/metal/about/black_metal/

I'm not trying to copy-paste the taste of someone other than me, but since you're only 12 and probably have a lot of learning to do with this genre, this page is a great place to start.

hippiedrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:10 pm 

LVB wrote:

I'm not trying to copy-paste the taste of someone other than me, but since you're only 12 and probably have a lot of learning to do with this genre, this page is a great place to start.

Yeah, except that it says that Septic Flesh and Dark Tranquillity are black metal.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:15 pm 

hippiedrow wrote:
LVB wrote:

Yeah, except that it says that Septic Flesh and Dark Tranquillity are black metal.

Wow whoever wrote that list has some serious problems. I also wouldn't really call Katatonia black metal...

Last edited by MaDTransilvanian on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LVB
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:16 pm 

hippiedrow wrote:
LVB wrote:

That is odd, I agree. But it's a great resource, and anyone that reads for himself should be able to see that there's some strange inclusions in their lists. Other than that, it's an invaluable resource. You could make the argument that Septic Flesh was from the Greek BM scene, but I haven't listened to them enough to have an informed opinion. Actually I just flat out didn't like what I heard and stopped. ;)

LVB
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:19 pm 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
hippiedrow wrote:
LVB wrote:

Wow whoever wrote that list has some serious problems. I also wouln't really call Katatonia black metal...

"Dark Tranquility
High-speed Iron Maiden worship with modern black and death metal touches"

That is actually an astute observation of the band's sound. That is why it's prudent to actually read the reviews rather than just refer to lists.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:22 pm 

LVB wrote:
hippiedrow wrote:
LVB wrote:

That is odd, I agree. But it's a great resource, and anyone that reads for himself should be able to see that there's some strange inclusions in their lists. Other than that, it's an invaluable resource. You could make the argument that Septic Flesh was from the Greek BM scene, but I haven't listened to them enough to have an informed opinion. Actually I just flat out didn't like what I heard and stopped. ;)

Anus is a terrible resource.

Any website that downgrades the music of Death because Schuldiner was allegedly a homosexual and a Christian suggests high levels of stupidity.

To the OT, post your question in the Black Metal Help Thread (Part 2). You will get much better answers.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:25 pm 

thejuicebitch wrote:
[Any website that downgrades the music of Death because Schuldiner was allegedly a homosexual and a Christian suggests high levels of stupidity.

Actually, it is much more likely that they are accusing him of being homosexual and Christian because they think Death is shitty and overrated.

LVB
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:26 pm 

thejuicebitch wrote:
LVB wrote:
hippiedrow wrote:
LVB wrote:

Anus is a terrible resource.

Any website that downgrades the music of Death because Schuldiner was allegedly a homosexual and a Christian suggests high levels of stupidity.

To the OT, post your question in the Black Metal Help Thread (Part 2). You will get much better answers.

Are you seriously joking? Who cares? Anus has done quite a lot to spread the word for superior underground metal for many years. And we invalidate the entirety of their contributions because of a few Death fans with no sense of humor?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.