Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lunar_Strain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:24 am 

The album leaked.

I have it, and all of your prayers have been heard: It's fucking good.

I'm not too familiar with Taake's work outside of Doedskvad, but this album is pretty similar to it. Faint traces of synth make their way through some of the songs.

Production's still raw as ever. Good stuff.

Yes they did, but they scavenged them from animals that had died naturally. "Viking" is actually an archaic word for "Vegan".

Forbinator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:46 am 

I'm just bumping this because I've ordered the album from Europe, and I'm curious to hear what European listeners (or pirates from anywhere else!) think of the album.

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:10 am 

Forbinator wrote:
I'm just bumping this because I've ordered the album from Europe, and I'm curious to hear what European listeners (or pirates from anywhere else!) think of the album.

It's very good. I've only given it a couple of listens but I plan on buying it as soon as I can. The production is quite reminiscent of Nattestid while the actual music itself seems to be a combination of all of Taake's works, but mainly the latter two albums. There are definitely some fantastic melodies and riffs (ending of Ummeneske especially) lying under the wall of sound if you give it a proper listen. I'm going to give it a bit more time and let it sink in and then probably write a review for it.

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:13 am 

Call_From_The_Tower wrote:
It's very good. I've only given it a couple of listens but I plan on buying it as soon as I can. The production is quite reminiscent of Nattestid while the actual music itself seems to be a combination of all of Taake's works, but mainly the latter two albums. There are definitely some fantastic melodies and riffs (ending of Ummeneske especially) lying under the wall of sound if you give it a proper listen. I'm going to give it a bit more time and let it sink in and then probably write a review for it.

Absolutely agree. I have never been a big fan of this band, but the new album definitely convinces me. The guitar riffs are really great, and the drumming (including the sound) is pretty cool. The vocal, of course, is not in the last plan too. Obviously, I'll order it as soon as possible. Highly recommended.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2