Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:04 pm 

I've been trying to contact this guy/these guys since early October to order some albums, but never got a reply. In the meantime, I noticed their site gets updated, suggesting that they aren't dead. What's up? Has anyone else here ordered from them?

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:50 am 

I used to order stuff from this guy, but he's the biggest asshole ever. One time I was late on making a payment to the guy and told him to hold onto the stuff for me and he agreed. Unfortunately, I was away that weekend and forgot to mention it to him. When I get back and check my mail, the guy sent me a threatening e-mail saying he was going to come to my house with a couple friends and beat me if I didn't pay up (lol @ this guy for acting like he's some kind of drug dealer). I didn't understand what he was getting so upset about...it's not like he sent out the merch and I didn't pay him. He's just a big douchebag who holds grudges when someone is late on a payment for merch he didn't even send out. Nevertheless, I ended up blocking and deleting the guy off my MSN (if you have MSN and do business with him, he'll add you to his list) as I wasn't going to tolerate intimidation over something so stupid. This was 4 years ago. I e-mailed him a few months ago under my new e-mail address because he had an item in his distro which I wanted and hoped he wouldn't remember my name...unfortunately, this guy has the memory of an elephant and never forgets the people he's blacklisted. So I would advise you to not get involved with this drama queen.

Last edited by ~Guest 62838 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
winterheathen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:15 am 

Thanks for the warning. I thought about ordering the newest SIG:AR:TYR and Falls of Rauros albums from the label but decided against it for some reason. Probably because of horror stories like yours. I guess I'll get 'em directly from the bands if I can.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:09 am 

I had the same problem with this label also ref the new SIG:AR:TYR album, so I contacted DM from the band via his website and he has posted me a copy of the new album out (using paypal), he was 100% and could not understand why the label never contacted me, so funny enough soon afterwards I got am e-mail from the label but I just told him I got sorted out already. Send DM an e-mail and he should be able to post direct to you and I am sure he would like to know the obvious problems with this label, it seems they cant be fuckin bothered!

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:23 am 

Indeed, I've ordered from there a few times and he's always answered fairly promptly. I'd like to know what's up with the label as well, haven't been getting responses either. Really too bad, there's a few things I'd really like to get from there.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:02 am 

He just had a sale on all his stock. Prices were really low and so my friends and I ordered dozens of albums. It wasn't the first time and theree don't usually seem to be any issues. I wondered though if he was trying to clear out his stock for some reason. That might explain the lack of response recently.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:07 am 

Negru_Voda wrote:
I've been trying to contact this guy/these guys since early October to order some albums, but never got a reply. In the meantime, I noticed their site gets updated, suggesting that they aren't dead. What's up? Has anyone else here ordered from them?

I tried to order albums from this guy but I had the same problem, never responded.

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:16 am 

I ordered some CD's from Morbid Winter in the middle of September and received a prompt and courteous response. But I've done business with him many times before so maybe that had something to do with it.

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:42 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
He just had a sale on all his stock. Prices were really low and so my friends and I ordered dozens of albums. It wasn't the first time and theree don't usually seem to be any issues. I wondered though if he was trying to clear out his stock for some reason. That might explain the lack of response recently.

I dunno, I tried contacting him during the sale and still no response, then a few days later changed the page back from the sales prices. Not sure he was trying to clear out his stock, he usually has those kinds of sales every summer and around the winter holidays at least for the last two years or so.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:11 pm 

samekh wrote:
I ordered some CD's from Morbid Winter in the middle of September and received a prompt and courteous response. But I've done business with him many times before so maybe that had something to do with it.

Yeah, I guess that's true. We got all our stuff pretty quickly. It was a huge order. Seems that maybe he's a bit too selective about whom he does business with.

DenialFiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:13 pm 

What a faggot. Keep away.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:32 pm 

Viral wrote:
I used to order stuff from this guy, but he's the biggest asshole ever. One time I was late on making a payment to the guy and told him to hold onto the stuff for me and he agreed. Unfortunately, I was away that weekend and forgot to mention it to him. When I get back and check my mail, the guy sent me a threatening e-mail saying he was going to come to my house with a couple friends and beat me if I didn't pay up (lol @ this guy for acting like he's some kind of drug dealer). I didn't understand what he was getting so upset about...it's not like he sent out the merch and I didn't pay him.

Christ, wouldn't touch this guy with a 50 foot pole.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:29 pm 

Does this guy have some strong NS leanings or something? A lot of stuff on his site seems to subtly hint in that direction. I have a last name similar to Davidson but I'm not Jewish or anything, so I wonder if he's avoiding me because of that. A shame, since Sig:Ar:Tyr is a band I'd like to support, the guy is in Canada and he has some other stuff I wanted to get.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:04 pm 

Negru_Voda wrote:
Does this guy have some strong NS leanings or something? A lot of stuff on his site seems to subtly hint in that direction. I have a last name similar to Davidson but I'm not Jewish or anything, so I wonder if he's avoiding me because of that. A shame, since Sig:Ar:Tyr is a band I'd like to support, the guy is in Canada and he has some other stuff I wanted to get.

I don't know if he has NS leanings really, but let's just say that he might be more than a little bit paranoid.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:06 pm 

Negru_Voda wrote:

He does. I remember him telling me he wouldn't do business with Jews, blacks and those who were not of Aryan descent. A friend of mine who used to order stuff from him told me that he told him that "such evasion of payment is typical of someone of his race" (referring to me). Later on, my friend deleted him off his MSN because he made scathing remarks about him having friends who weren't white.

Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:43 pm 

Wow, fuck this dipshit then. Thing is, I even have MBR's issue of Folkstorm of the Azure Nights and the first S:A:T album. Good thing there's always mp3s.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:47 pm 

I have made numerous orders from this distro and have goten into various problems with it. I will not be ordering from here again, I find it completely unprofessional and hard to deal with. My last order took 2 months to arrive and it was just 2 cds. If you want cheap and RELIABLE black metal, check out none more black.

TooHuman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:04 pm 

This guy is an asshole. I ordered 5 Cd's in mid-september and didn't receive an email until October telling me that some were out of stock. I emailed him a lengthy list of alternatives, listed in order of preference, and I still have yet to receive anything. My first and last time with this dipshit.

Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:19 pm 

Well, if it's a one-man distro that presumably he doesn't make a lot of money from which he just runs in his spare time, you can't really fault him for not getting to everything on time, especially when apparently he gets many orders.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:31 pm 

Negru_Voda wrote:
Well, if it's a one-man distro that presumably he doesn't make a lot of money from which he just runs in his spare time, you can't really fault him for not getting to everything on time, especially when apparently he gets many orders.

He should at least send an email out to notify that things are out of stock. he is busy, etc etc. Arrogance and negligence in business serves no purpose but leaving a bad taste in the mouth of the customer.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:13 pm 

winterheathen wrote:
Thanks for the warning. I thought about ordering the newest SIG:AR:TYR and Falls of Rauros albums from the label but decided against it for some reason. Probably because of horror stories like yours. I guess I'll get 'em directly from the bands if I can.

I have just recieved the new Sig:Ar:Tyr album today, as I previously posted I ordered it direct from DM from his website, just send him an e-mail and he will sort you out no problem, I told them the problem I was having with the website in my e-mail and he was surprised that I got no contact from Morbid Winter, just shows the bands dont know about the obvious sales problems with this label.

Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:15 pm 

Yeah, that's true. I just got a reply from him saying he's been out of the country and that the thing I wanted most is out of stock, and that he thought he got back to me earlier. I'll think about reordering.

Wilczur
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:54 pm 

Wow...what lame whining.

I never had an issue and have ordered plenty.

Had no idea this many metallers were this whiney and PC.

Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:14 am 

Alright, I've completed my order in the time since he got back to me and I'm looking forward to it. Shoutz out 2 Morbid Winter, who apparently browses this board.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.