Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:57 am 

ENKC wrote:
Are you just asking out of curiosity or do you really want to listen to anti-Islamic music? If it's the latter, well go f**k yourself and your prejudice. If it's the former, never mind.

Why does it matter what reason he has to want to listen to that kind of music? I'm sure lots of people who listen to black metal with extremely anti-Christian lyrics have a loathing for Christians. Where is your criticism for that?

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:10 am 

@Viral:
You're right, but keep in mind that not everyone in the Middle East is a muslim (in Syria for example, over 10% of the population are christian).
I don't mean to be a nitpicker over the exact numbers, and as you said it's a stereotype ... but a false one nonetheless.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:23 am 

It matters because metal should be about music, not an actual hatred of and prejudice towards your fellow man. Didn't we go through this with death metal weirdos who couldn't draw the line between fantasy (ie the lyrical content) and the reality where we don't go around murdering and maiming for fun?
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:30 am 

Do you have something against anti-Christian music, then?

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:41 am 

I think any caucasian western world band with anti-christian lyrics could just as easily write anti-islam lyrics.

Why the majority doesn't do it? I think it's fear. It's easier to stand up to a bunch of bearded old men, singing elderly ladies and burning their churches.

Nazg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:42 am 

ENKC wrote:
It matters because metal should be about music, not an actual hatred of and prejudice towards your fellow man. Didn't we go through this with death metal weirdos who couldn't draw the line between fantasy (ie the lyrical content) and the reality where we don't go around murdering and maiming for fun?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hear you and cry with you sensitive brother of love. I hate all those deathblackmetalmonsters who like totally hate and kill and stuff, for fun.

EditPs. You MUST check out WEAPON(can). They have anti-muslim lirics and are killer.

Last edited by Nazg on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:48 am 

ENKC wrote:
It matters because metal should be about music

Bollocks! Metal only being about the music implies singing about it aswell... "Yeah, I rock so hard" or something? Leave that to glam and rap please.

ENKC wrote:
not an actual hatred of and prejudice towards your fellow man.

Hatred is a very, VERY important element of metal...

Freedom of speech is one thing but I also always encourage freedom of thought and especially freedom of emotions!. Hatred is a basic human emotion and therefor very true from a subjective point of view. and isn't sharing your emotions through music one of the highest forms of art? yes it is....

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:51 am 

ENKC wrote:
Are you just asking out of curiosity or do you really want to listen to anti-Islamic music? If it's the latter, well go f**k yourself and your prejudice. If it's the former, never mind.

You preach that we should not hate, and yet I see this.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:00 am 

Some Pakistani bands are known to be anti-islam. Out of them, only Corpsepyre is on the metal-archives.

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=11585

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:01 am 

ENKC wrote:

Nobody really cares about what you have to say, especially if you can't think of any bands to suggest.

OP could also try Cunt Butcher, a grind band from Australia. They're not really metal, but they've certainly got anti-Muslim lyrics.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:02 am 

Hmm, it seems we have a few people firmly grasping the wrong end of the stick here. If anyone's going to laugh at me for suggesting metal should be about the music and not bigotry they've clearly got problems. Anyway, I was thinking of this sort of thing here:

Board Rules wrote:
C. Also related to profanity, hate speech (racism, et al) that is not an obvious joke is frowned upon. It may be permitted to an extent, but a mod can also take action if it gets out of hand. This is a Heavy Metal board, not the Bigots Circle Jerk board.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:02 am 

ENKC wrote:

:lol:

Listen to Ayat. Extremely raw black metal with mysoginistic and anti-Islam lyrics. More bands should take a militant stance against the growing threat of Islam instead of beating the rotting, helpless corpse of Christianity.

Last edited by UnserHeiligeTod on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:04 am 

ScratchMyBack wrote:
Impiety obviously.

Seconded, Impiety are awesome. One of their old members was in the band Dusk (Pak) and they had some anti muslim sentiments in their early work.

EDIT: Impiety are more anti-Jew, if I remember correctly but some of their lyrics hint at a hatred of Islam.

Last edited by Wet Pussy on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:05 am 

ENKC wrote:
Hmm, it seems we have a few people firmly grasping the wrong end of the stick here. If anyone's going to laugh at me for suggesting metal should be about the music and not bigotry they've clearly got problems. Anyway, I was thinking of this sort of thing here:

Board Rules wrote:
C. Also related to profanity, hate speech (racism, et al) that is not an obvious joke is frowned upon. It may be permitted to an extent, but a mod can also take action if it gets out of hand. This is a Heavy Metal board, not the Bigots Circle Jerk board.

This isn't really racism or hate speeches though.

Life_Sucks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:06 am 

Dolf9271986 wrote:
Usually any skin-head band like Grinded Nig will often hate everything but themselves, who are white christians. So that includes anti-muslims, as it's my understanding that skinheads are against all of everything. Does that count? Or are you strictly looking for "I hate muslims, kill all muslims"?

I somehow doubt that they are practicing Christians. hahaha It might be more accurate to say of northern European non-Jewish decent.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:07 am 

I don't see why Islam should be immune to metal's anti-religious sentiment. Strikes me as painfully PC.

I hate Islam, I hate Christianity, I hate Judaism. In fact, the only major religion I don't have much beef with is Buddhism. That's not to say I have a problem with Arabs and Jews.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:08 am 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
More bands should take a militant stance against the growing threat of Islam instead of beating the dead, helpless corpse of Christianity.

:nods: I agree. In the last five years a lot of anti-Islam bands have appeared and I expect more to come.

If an anti-Islam band does a concept album that parodies Muhammad's life, it would be awesome! :lol: :headbang:

eerie_noctular
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:06 pm 

The Monolith Deathcult, their first album "The Apotheosis" has at least two songs that are anti-islam.
http://linktr.ee/TwistedSkiesWX/

"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:19 pm 

Avstand has several songs based on Anti-Islam.
Note, the song Muhammed.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:23 pm 

ENKC wrote:
Hmm, it seems we have a few people firmly grasping the wrong end of the stick here. If anyone's going to laugh at me for suggesting metal should be about the music and not bigotry they've clearly got problems.

Actually, by opposing Islam, metal is opposing bigotry. And if you think music and message are mutually exclusive, you've clearly got problems.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:46 pm 

to be honest i haven't paid attention to must of those bands but what is their motivation? to erase islam along with other religion, the hatred towards terrorism or just a right-wiged hate to everything that is not christian

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Star-Gazer
Trust and you'll be trusted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:50 pm 

which was the first anti-Islam band?

ENKC wrote:
Hmm, it seems we have a few people firmly grasping the wrong end of the stick here. If anyone's going to laugh at me for suggesting metal should be about the music and not bigotry they've clearly got problems.
its not that anyone's laughing because of that, but because you are suggesting limitations or barriers on the topics
bassethornmusic wrote:
Non-racist skinheads? So what's pissing them off?
just about everything
Dolf9271986 wrote:
Usually any skin-head band like Grinded Nig will often hate everything but themselves, who are white christians.
they're christians?
DeadGein wrote:
Most NSBM bands must have anti-muslism lyrics..
most?
NARAKU666 wrote:
...or just a right-wiged hate to everything that is not christian
???

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:02 pm 

einvolk wrote:
which was the first anti-Islam band?

ENKC wrote:
its not that anyone's laughing because of that, but because you are suggesting limitations or barriers on the topics
bassethornmusic wrote:
Non-racist skinheads? So what's pissing them off?
just about everything
Dolf9271986 wrote:
Usually any skin-head band like Grinded Nig will often hate everything but themselves, who are white christians.
they're christians?
DeadGein wrote:
Most NSBM bands must have anti-muslism lyrics..
most?
NARAKU666 wrote:
???

i meant winged, sorry

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Manic616
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:05 pm 

NARAKU666 wrote:
i meant winged, sorry

Somehow I dont think thats what he was questioning...(Large amount of sarcasm on that sentence)

Star-Gazer
Trust and you'll be trusted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:08 pm 

Wormphlegm wrote:
Torture Allah:
Burn down Mecca and feed him all muslims
-I shall burn down Mecca and feed him all muslims

NARAKU666 wrote:
NARAKU666 wrote:
NARAKU666 wrote:
???

i meant winged, sorry
still...

blood_and_fire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 pm 

Not a serious band, but Stormtroopers of Death are pretty anti muslim/middle east.

goatmanejy
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:54 pm 

Misainzig wrote:
Manic616 wrote:
HumanWaste5150 wrote:
Dolf9271986 wrote:
Usually any skin-head band like Grinded Nig will often hate everything but themselves, who are white christians. So that includes anti-muslims, as it's my understanding that skinheads are against all of everything. Does that count? Or are you strictly looking for "I hate muslims, kill all muslims"?

Skinheads are not always racist...

'Skinheads' are, bald people arent always, 'Skinhead' is a gang term, usually related to those with nationalism views...and no hair (as far as I remember, if I'm wrong feel free to correct me)

There are actually non-racist 'Skinheads.' I remember watching a show on it once, where they claimed that "people always group us with the racist skinheads" or something to that extent.

There are actually many tribes of skinheads, only one, the so-called "boneheads" of which are necessarily racist.

Bezerko wrote:
"You're honour, I do believe that Slayer is fucking awesome. I rest my case."

stoli_
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:51 am 

Quote:
More bands should take a militant stance against the growing threat of Islam instead of beating the rotting, helpless corpse of Christianity.

Exactly! Maybe it's a chance for new style of metal? hmm....

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:58 am 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
More bands should take a militant stance against the growing threat of Islam

They're already doing that in Iraq and Afghanistan...or so they claim.

NeglectedField
Onwards to Camulodunum!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 pm 

"87"? Heil Gitler?

I remember seeing an "Anti-Islam" Taake shirt. One of the Urgehal guys was wearing one such shirt (we were sharing a backstage room for this festival gig).

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:33 pm 

Viral wrote:
UnserHeiligeTod wrote:

They're already doing that in Iraq and Afghanistan

Which I imagine must make you incredibly irate and wish for some beheadings in the name of Allah.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:37 pm 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
Viral wrote:
UnserHeiligeTod wrote:

They're already doing that in Iraq and Afghanistan

Which I imagine must make you incredibly irate and wish for some beheadings in the name of Allah.

Why do you purposely try to piss me off given our last thread? I also recall you not responding to my PM which I sent after that certain thread about Dubai which got temporarily derailed. So what's up? Don't have anything in your arsenal except your little cracks about where I come from?

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:56 pm 

Aren't you a Muslim? You certainly give off that beligerant extremist impression.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:59 pm 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
Aren't you a Muslim? You certainly give off that beligerant extremist impression.

How the hell do I give off that impression? I'm sorry if people who are opposed to Israeli and American imperialism come off to you as Muslim.

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:08 pm 

It's a simple yes/no question, no need to say anything else.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:13 pm 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
It's a simple yes/no question, no need to say anything else.

I'll respond however I please. And to answer your question, it would be an already obvious no.

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:20 pm 

Then disregard the comment that pissed you off.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:23 pm 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
Then disregard the comment that pissed you off.

I don't see why you would purposely want to offend someone if they did follow a certain religion. You don't have to like what they believe in, but to be a disrespectful douche for no reason is uncalled for.

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:31 pm 

And I don't see why you make such a fuss out of everytime time someone makes a joke at Islam. Did I acted like a sensitive, butthurt fag when you insulted my country in the Dubai thread? Or everytime someone wants to call me a spic or a coke dealer, for that matter? Really, if you aren't even a Muslim then stop that urge of coming like The Hero of the Middle-East to silence and correct the thoughts of others about it (which, in this forum, are mainly negative, not only myself, and others even worse than me; at least I don't have anything against Arabs as a race).

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:38 pm 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
And I don't see why you make such a fuss out of everytime time someone makes a joke at Islam. Did I acted like a sensitive, butthurt fag when you insulted my country in the Dubai thread? Or everytime someone wants to call me a spic or a coke dealer, for that matter? Really, if you aren't even a Muslim then stop that urge of coming like The Hero of the Middle-East to silence and correct the thoughts of others about it (which, in this forum, are mainly negative, not only myself, and others even worse than me; at least I don't have anything against Arabs as a race).

So because I and others have wrongfully insulted you in the past, that means you should do the same? And I'm not trying to act like any hero. You made an unnecessary slur at me which was unprovoked to begin with. You go looking for fights, then expect to fight. Don't get so defensive just because I called you out on your stupid initial comment.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next