Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:03 pm 

Nolan_B wrote:
Good band, good collection, but did you need to make a thread about it?

What the hell did I say before about leaving modding to the mods? YOU ARE NOT A FORUM MOD. YOU WILL NEVER BE A FORUM MOD. STOP TRYING TO BE ONE.

Anyway I'm glad to hear this, Relapse always seems to do a very good job on their reissues, and poor Nirvana 2002 is definitely deserving of more recognition, emphasized by the terrible ignorance exhibited even by our own posters here...

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 pm 

If Relapse doing this finally, then there is a LP-version close to reality !!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!11#ä#!!!11'!''#'???"!!!!!!!!!

Damn, call to Rodrigo/Blood Harvest, please take over after the release of the Gorement 2-LP !!!!

Dark_Mewtwo1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:42 pm 

peterott wrote:
Damn, call to Rodrigo/Blood Harvest, please take over after the release of the Gorement 2-LP !!!!

My jaw just hit the floor. I had no idea they were doing this! I've already
gotten their God Macabre reissue so this is a MUST!

I'm agreeing with everyone here about this, I'm really excited!

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:32 am 

failsafeman wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:
Good band, good collection, but did you need to make a thread about it?

What the hell did I say before about leaving modding to the mods? YOU ARE NOT A FORUM MOD. YOU WILL NEVER BE A FORUM MOD. STOP TRYING TO BE ONE.

I wasn't aware that anyone knew much about Nirvana 2002, I didn't know that people in chat were talking about this compilation. The wording of the OP sounding like he was trying to be a troll and trick people into thinking he's talking about Nirvana (US).

The first time that Faster Disaster sigged was a thread made by me that had been dead and solved for 2 days. It was bumped by a veteran with just a quote of another poster, and nothing to add. This seemed pointless to me.

I'm not trying to regulate and mod anybody. I'm aware that I'm the Metal-Archives village idiot.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:41 am 

Nolan_B wrote:
The wording of the OP sounding like he was trying to be a troll and trick people into thinking he's talking about Nirvana (US).

A troll? Uncolored is a site mod, smart guy.

Nolan_B wrote:
The first time that Faster Disaster sigged was a thread made by me that had been dead and solved for 2 days. It was bumped by a veteran with just a quote of another poster, and nothing to add. This seemed pointless to me.

2 days isn't that long, and Gutterscream is also a site mod. There are times and places to question peoples' actions, even mods', but it seems you didn't even realize who they were, much less what actions deserve questioning.

Regardless, enough thread derailing.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:54 am 

Great news, thusfar I've only been able to listen to them online, so these demos being re-released is great news. There is something magical about getting an official CD by a great band, something that a myspace page with 5 or 6 songs can't replace.

P.S. - It's kind of hard to mistake this band for the grunge one consider they've got the number 2002 in their fucking name. Geez.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:04 am 

failsafeman wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:
The 2 days isn't that long, and Gutterscream is also a site mod. There are times and places to question peoples' actions, even mods', but it seems you didn't even realize who they were, much less what actions deserve questioning.

Regardless, enough thread derailing.

I knew who Gutterscream was (seeing as he provides many laughs in the Crappy Diem thread), but I didn't know he was a mod. I thought the only mods were the ones listed on the forum homepage.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:47 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
Great news, thusfar I've only been able to listen to them online, so these demos being re-released is great news. There is something magical about getting an official CD by a great band, something that a myspace page with 5 or 6 songs can't replace.

P.S. - It's kind of hard to mistake this band for the grunge one consider they've got the number 2002 in their fucking name. Geez.

For once, you and I agree. Having an actual disc gives you a greater sense of control and makes you feel less "on the outside" regarding the band.

Definitely happy for this re-release. I'm not sure I understand why Relapse decided now was the best time, but hey, it's better than nothing for sure!

noobsofsocialreality
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:03 am 

This sounds interesting. I've never heard of the band, but I'll be sure to find it on my local cd store when its released. I'm waiting for a cd/lp to pop my cherry on this band :)

LVB
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:19 pm 

Nirvana 2002 is an unforunate name in retrospect. Just look at the amount of ignorant replies.

Btw, extra points for the thread starter, because I haven't seen this release news for Nirvana 2002 on any other Metal forum that I go to.

Also, to last FM users. Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that all tagged Nirvana 2002 tracks are automatically changed to "Nirvana"? I messaged them about it, but they don't seem to care about that. It's just silly to see a playlist look like this:

Dismember
Demilich
Monstrosity
Cadaver
Funebre
...Nirvana

*barfs*

Dail
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 pm 

yeah, i noticed that annoyance with Last.FM as well.

Lychgate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:56 pm 

Nolan_B wrote:
This reminds me of the situation that occurs every time someone mentions Visceral Evisceration.

"Dude, they turned into As I Lay Dying."

I'm going to be honest man, that's pretty obscure. Does it really happen "every time" someone mentions Visceral Evisceration?

john888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:50 am 

A great news indeed. Let's hope similar (good quality) bands in that period could receive the same treatment( demo/ep discography).

By the way, I used to be confused why in the thanks list of Left Hand Path would have Nirvana( yes, without the 2002) :durr:

~Guest 3496
Exterminator 666 Does Not Answer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:57 am 

Wouldn't surprise me if Entombed meant the other Nirvana (though they obviously knew of Nirvana 2002).

Uncolored
Death Metal Fundamentalist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:11 am 

PhantomOTO wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if Entombed meant the other Nirvana (though they obviously knew of Nirvana 2002).

when left hand path came out they were still called just nirvana, after the seattle band issued the first 7" they added the 2002 tag

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand

I never check forum messages, don't bother write me here. thanx

Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:42 am 

There should really be a reissue of all of Cartilage's material or at least The Fragile Concept of Affection. Amazing stuff, to me it's pretty much essential and I would love to have a legitimate copy of it.

Is the God Macabre reissue still available somewhere?

Catachthonian
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:31 am 

LVB wrote:
Nirvana 2002 is an unforunate name in retrospect. Just look at the amount of ignorant replies.

Btw, extra points for the thread starter, because I haven't seen this release news for Nirvana 2002 on any other Metal forum that I go to.

Also, to last FM users. Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that all tagged Nirvana 2002 tracks are automatically changed to "Nirvana"? I messaged them about it, but they don't seem to care about that. It's just silly to see a playlist look like this:

Dismember
Demilich
Monstrosity
Cadaver
Funebre
...Nirvana

*barfs*

Just edit your tags to "Nirvana 2002 (Swe)".

http://www.last.fm/music/Nirvana+2002+(Swe)

LVB
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:06 pm 

Catachthonian wrote:
LVB wrote:

Dismember
Demilich
Monstrosity
Cadaver
Funebre
...Nirvana

*barfs*

Just edit your tags to "Nirvana 2002 (Swe)".

http://www.last.fm/music/Nirvana+2002+(Swe)

LOL = artist cannot be found. But I already edited them to "Nirvana 2002 (Death Metal)" :)

ReigningChaos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:50 pm 

You have to add the (Swe), the hyperlink is messed up.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2