Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
hornyjohnny
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 am 

Ok guys , not aware if i can start random threads about the tour list , Apologies if so .

What i want to know is what does Satyricon play in their recent shows . I love everything upto Volcano . Im sure they do play stuff off their first 3 albums , but what proportion ??? Im going neverthles .

Fellow countrymen lurking , do post forth your views . Im not into GIR and their list of Hardcore/Classic Rock lineups every year they come up with .

But wow oh wow , Satyricon and Sahg are surely gonna draw the metalheads this year. Freak Kitchen is a cool band live too .

THE FUEL GREAT INDIAN ROCK FESTIVAL 2008 - MUMBAI
DAY 1 - 31st OCTOBER 2008

ZODIAC (MUMBAI)
BAREFACED LIAR (DELHI)
SCRIBE(MUMBAI)
SAHG (NORWAY)
FREAK KITCHEN (SWEDEN)

DAY 2 - 1ST NOVEMBER 2008
SOMETHING RELEVANT (MUMBAI)
RAINBOW BRIDGE (CHENNAI)
BHAYANAK MAUT (MUMBAI)
THEM CLONES (DELHI)
SATYRICON (NORWAY)

THE FUEL GREAT INDIAN ROCK FESTIVAL 2008 - DELHI
FEATURING:

DAY 1 - 1ST NOVEMBER 2008
CYANIDE (DELHI)
FREQUENCY (DELHI)
KRYPTOS (BANGALORE)
SAHG (NORWAY)
FREAK KITCHEN (SWEDEN)

DAY 2 - 2ND NOVEMBER 2008
LEVEL 9 (DELHI)
SCRIBE (MUMBAI)
UNDYING INC. (DELHI)
THEM CLONES (DELHI)
SATYRICON (NORWAY)

ROYAL STAG GREAT INDIAN ROCK FESTIVAL 2008 - SHILLONG

5TH NOVEMBER 2008
FEATURING:
SAHG (NORWAY)
BHAYANAK MAUT (MUMBAI)
SCRIBE (MUMBAI)
UNDYNG INC. (DELHI)
LUCID RECESS (GUWAHATI)

THE FUEL GREAT INDIAN ROCK FESTIVAL 2008 - BANGALORE
7TH NOVEMBER 2008
FEATURING:
SATYRICON (NORWAY)
SAHG (NORWAY)
EXTINCT REFLECTIONS (BANGALORE)
RAINBOW BRIDGE (CHENNAI)
SLINGSHOT (CALICUT)

Audioslave666raj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:00 am 

It doesnt really matter what they play,After all how many international bands we get to see live,I'll be there both on 1st and 2nd. :)

"There's a difference between fucking and making love. Maybe some people fuck
dead bodies. I make love to them "

Khroshan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 pm 

Where can I get tickets from for the Mumbai show? And how much does it cost???

Audioslave666raj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 pm 

They'll be available @ the venue itself.
It'll cost you 250 bucks for a single day,5 dollars i guess.

"There's a difference between fucking and making love. Maybe some people fuck
dead bodies. I make love to them "

Khroshan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:15 am 

Are Sahg, Freak Kitchen or any of the Indian bands actually any good?

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:38 am 

Sahg's first album is awesome. The second isnt AS good but it still has some awesome songs. I can't tell you anything about the other bands.

hornyjohnny
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm 

Great Indian Rock Mumbai has always been one of those "Please all Fests" . It never focussed entirely on metal .

Day 1 - Scribe (Hardcore Band) you like LOG ...you'll love this band .
Day 2 0 Bhayanak Maut (Hardcore) Again you like Lamb Of God , you'll like this .

These are the only 2 Indian bands remotely connected to Metal . I cant comment anything abt the other Alt/Punk/Funk bands playing .

Delhi has a good lineup
1) Kryptos(Melodic Heavy/Thrash)cite Dark Tranquility , Sodom , Candlemass , Nevermore as influences in the same breath.......Distinct they be)

2)Undying Inc - Death/Thrash

Then again who are we kidding , no offence being in the Phillipines this is most probably your only chance of catching Sahg and Satyricon , so as all the other metallers attending , just come for the norsemen :)

Khroshan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:50 pm 

Caught the first day of the Mumbai show.

Freak Kitchen was decent, not too great musically, too much of a hodgepodge, but the solos were good, and some nice headbangable moments. They were quite entertaining and engaged the crowd.

SAHG was pretty boring though. The songs were too light and had too much of a rockish vibe. The crowd seemed to be more of the metalhead type, and lots of people just sat down during their set.

Zodiac and Barefaced Liar were pretty generic, shitty rock bands.

Scribe seems to be popular around here. Lots of people got very interested when it was their turn. The frontman had charisma, and at least the crowd became interesting at that point, headbanging, and a bit of moshing too. But the music was not my type and I didnt find it the least bit interesting.

Lamb of God is much more metal sounding than Scribe, and is much better music too. Decent to blast in the car every now and then.

Khroshan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:58 pm 

Also, does anyone know who played the bass for SAHG at the rock festival? According to this site their bassist is King ov Hell from Gorgoroth! Shit, didnt know! Should have shouted at him to stop the fag music and play some black metal.

hornyjohnny
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:23 am 

Firstly , i enjoyed Sahg . They were some hardcore cunts sitting down and shit . but there were ppl upfront as well shouting for Pyromancer , Repent . Sadly they did not play Repent , but neverthless we were treated to Godless faith and Soul Exile , The Executioner Undead . The vocalist is exactly what a band like Sahg needed . In the end most people i spoke to including casual doom metal listeners who probably only know candlemass gave Sahg a thumbs up .

Scribe is a bad example of Hardcore . They bored the shit outta me .
If you had gone for day 2 , you must have caught Bhayanak Maut who are a thousand time better at Hardcore . These are the sorts you'd put on a tribute album to LOG .

hornyjohnny
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:27 am 

Khroshan wrote:
Also, does anyone know who played the bass for SAHG at the rock festival? According to this site their bassist is King ov Hell from Gorgoroth! Shit, didnt know! Should have shouted at him to come with Gorgoroth after reuniting with Infernus again

No that wasnt King Ov Hell on Bass , i can safely say .

saintinhell
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 am 

Missed Sahg because it was a working day for me. Caught Satyricon yesterday, have never heard their albums and had no clue about their background when I went into the gig. Just couldn't pass over a fairly known black metal band coming to India. It was great, wish they could have played more stuff from their older albums but they were constrained for time and I am happy with what I got.

helldweller
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 am 

Satyricon was really good, especially when they played Now Diabolical and Mother North. They played couple of tracks from their upcoming album too.
Them Clones were okay, the vocalist was a prick. Bhayanak Maut played tracks from their upcoming album and it sounded more Mosh oriented, there was a lack of metallic riffs.

hornyjohnny
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:22 am 

I enjoyed every fucking minute of Satyricon no fucking doubt about that , but the setlist could have been better . I mean fine , they played Mother North and Forhekset . But bloody hell nothing from their first two albums . They did not even play a single song off Volcano . Possessed , With Ravenous Hunger , Fuel For Hatred would have crushed live .

For anyone who gives a Fuck or missed a gig or has an upcoming gig , heres the tracklist

In the exact order of tracks played

1)Now , Diabolical
2)The Wolfpack
3)Die By My Hand
4)Forhekset
5)K.I.N.G
6)Commando
7)The Pentagram Burns
8)Black Crow On A Tombstone
9)Mother North

I_M_M_O_R_T_A_L
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:03 am 

Not surprisingly the tracks from their new album "The Age Of Nero" absolutely sucked balls...especially "Black Crow On A Tombstone" and "Commando"...Watching them play Forhekset and Mother North from right beside the stage though totally made up for it.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:00 pm 

Fucking terrible Satyricon setlist. They ignore FOUR whole albums. It astounds me when bands are this ignorant of their own fan base.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:00 pm 

Anyone have the setlist for other recent Satyricon shows? Maybe it got better, have they started headlining yet?

Khroshan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:45 am 

hornyjohnny wrote:
Firstly , i enjoyed Sahg . They were some hardcore cunts sitting down and shit . but there were ppl upfront as well shouting for Pyromancer , Repent . Sadly they did not play Repent , but neverthless we were treated to Godless faith and Soul Exile , The Executioner Undead . The vocalist is exactly what a band like Sahg needed . In the end most people i spoke to including casual doom metal listeners who probably only know candlemass gave Sahg a thumbs up .

Scribe is a bad example of Hardcore . They bored the shit outta me .
If you had gone for day 2 , you must have caught Bhayanak Maut who are a thousand time better at Hardcore . These are the sorts you'd put on a tribute album to LOG .

I sat down during SAHGs performance. What they played didnt seem to sound like doom metal at all. Most of it was just slowed down generic hard rock. Even the themes of the songs, such as the one dedicated to the "women of India" were just rock music. Wikipedia has hard rock and doom metal listed as SAHGs genres:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahg

I will agree that Scribe was quite boring musically. But they were a relief compared to the two absolute disasters that came before them. Bhayanak Maut was much better than them.

Satyricon was pretty good, but its a shame they didnt play anything off Dark Medieval Times. The new album songs were absolute crap.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:23 am 

Slightly off-topic: Satyr wrote the new album with Snorre Ruch. And its apparently still crap. =.=''' Hope it won't affect new Thorns.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:29 am 

Even if you add a diamond to crap, it will still stink. So I'm willing to bet that the new Thorns will be fine (unless Satyr, in turn, "contributes" to the new Thorns).

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:35 pm 

Haha, good analysis. I haven't given The Age Of Nero a fair listen but imagine it's just Volcano part 3, which I'm bored of. I don't think we can expect anymore stunning Satyricon releases in the future.

However I'm still interested in their recent setlists to see if they play any good stuff. Can anyone else help me out?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.