Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
screamingstatue
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:50 am 

I know there's been a thread about Trivium's new album as a whole, but I'm just wondering what people think of the title track.

I admit I like Trivium (*ducks frantically*) but have lost interest in the last while and I find the new album overall very repetitive and a bit boring at times. But I just love the title track. I know of lots of people who abhor the band's music in general but commend them for this particular song and admit they really rose above their generic mallcore status for this track.

What are your opinions? I'm not trying to convert anyone to Trivium, I'm fully aware of their shortcomings, their bullshit and their plagiarism that was so rampant on The Crusade, but I really do think this track is amazing.

Your thoughts?

(http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=llPLFjQdM1Y, http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QSpc8W1h_ ... re=related )

foz45139
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:38 pm 

Well, I definitely wasn't expecting that bluesy solo; respect to them for that. Shows they've got some good ideas if they actually think for themselves. But a lot of it is boring, emotional singing from Matt Heafy, which I'm not a fan of.

The guitar solos aren't too bad, so I'd give it five or six out of ten.
Once I was done throwing up I had to take another shit. Again it was diarrhea! While diarrhea was coming out of my ass I began to throw up. This fucking sucked! If only I had some Disgorge playing it might not have sucked ass much.

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:24 pm 

The only good thing about this band, and this song, are the guitar solos.

Craggzy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:29 pm 

i saw them at the unholy alliance the other day i was so unimpressed one of the worst bands i've ever seen.

Primemattimus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:51 pm 

screamingstatue wrote:
I know there's been a thread about Trivium's new album as a whole, but I'm just wondering what people think of the title track.

I admit I like Trivium (*ducks frantically*) but have lost interest in the last while and I find the new album overall very repetitive and a bit boring at times. But I just love the title track. I know of lots of people who abhor the band's music in general but commend them for this particular song and admit they really rose above their generic mallcore status for this track.

What are your opinions? I'm not trying to convert anyone to Trivium, I'm fully aware of their shortcomings, their bullshit and their plagiarism that was so rampant on The Crusade, but I really do think this track is amazing.

Your thoughts?

(http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=llPLFjQdM1Y, http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QSpc8W1h_ ... re=related )

I didn't like the Crusade. But Ascendancy wasn't bad. As far as comparisons, it beats any Shadows Fall of the past 8 years or so. THere were a few bad tracks but some catchy as hell. I respect those guys, even if I'd rather listen to the bands that influenced them. Yeah they like to get a little dough and poontang for playing their metal, so what? Yeah there are bands I'd rather listen to but for mainstream shit- we've had ALOT worse. Staind, biskits, Corn, Coal, all that shit- compared to that bullshit its gold.

Unholy_Asar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:16 pm 

Primemattimus wrote:
Yeah there are bands I'd rather listen to but for mainstream shit- we've had ALOT worse. Staind, biskits, Corn, Coal, all that shit- compared to that bullshit its gold.

Shit is still shit though, even if you compare it to AIDS infected diarrhea. The fact that there are a lot worse doesn't make it good in the slightest.

Trivium is one of the worst metal bands that I have ever heard, with most of the few that are even worse are shitty "underground" myspace joke bands or gaycore shit in the vein of Iwrestledabearonce.

I also don't understand what makes people praise their solos. Okay, so they're not as bad as the rest of the music, but even after listening to this song I can't see what would make them good. To me, they could fit in as some of the worse and more mediocre solos on a semi-solid metal album, possibly.

Nothing yet to save this band from sucking big horse penis... :thumbsdown:
True Black Metal is NOT kind of Metal, that is a complete independent music so Nazhand believes "the name of music which is called Black Metal nowadays, should be changed to Blackness music and shameful name of Metal should be cut out from our music".

steady666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:05 pm 

RevBau wrote:
The only good thing about this band, and this song, are the guitar solos.

And they are heavily plagiarized...

screamingstatue wrote:

I don't like Trivium. Boring song is boring. It makes me cry that people see this as metal today when so many great bands go unnoticed. Oh well. More for me.

Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:08 pm 

Should've just located this in the other thread. Perhaps if it had been about a different album, the present course might've been more sensible.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.