Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:29 pm 

BardInTheForest wrote:
As for healthcare, I don't believe in socialized medicine in any way, shape or form.

Besides the fact that it would be unconstitutional, what makes you think that it will not happen eventually? The way I see it, private and public health care can co-exist with a very minor to no conflict at all. Please pardon me for drifting off topic.

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:36 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Agathocles wrote:
How is Palin and the Bush family descended from European royalty?

It's not very uncommon. I am too, if I wanted to be technical about it.

I believe I read that Obama is distantly related to the Bush family as well.

Royal ancestry isn't that uncommon, given that effective contraception didn't exist and people are people; family trees tend to branch exponentially more over time anyway. I could trace my family tree back to King Charlemagne and a couple other royalty.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:58 pm 

Dechripastocide wrote:
BardInTheForest wrote:
As for healthcare, I don't believe in socialized medicine in any way, shape or form.

Besides the fact that it would be unconstitutional, what makes you think that it will not happen eventually? The way I see it, private and public health care can co-exist with a very minor to no conflict at all. Please pardon me for drifting off topic.

I think it probably will happen, though I don't know exactly why it would be unconstitutional. I don't think it's the kind of thing any of the founding fathers would have wanted but I don't think it is unconstitutional.
As for conflict, I won't really disagree. I just think there are more effective and efficient ways to deal with the problem while not expanding the scope of the federal government. I can't imagine why anyone in this would actually trust the federal government to permanently handle their healthcare after the last 8 years and the direction that social security is headed.

Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:27 pm 

BardInTheForest wrote:
I think it probably will happen, though I don't know exactly why it would be unconstitutional. I don't think it's the kind of thing any of the founding fathers would have wanted but I don't think it is unconstitutional.
As for conflict, I won't really disagree. I just think there are more effective and efficient ways to deal with the problem while not expanding the scope of the federal government. I can't imagine why anyone in this would actually trust the federal government to permanently handle their healthcare after the last 8 years and the direction that social security is headed.

What is there to mess up? Just remove the monetary woes from treatment, and doctors will be able to give the complete scope of uhh... treatment.
As for the unconstitutional part, I probably listened to Bob Barr a little too closely.

Ritual_Suicide
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:35 pm 

LindisfarneAnno793 wrote:
Bezerko wrote:
Power to the people, yay, BUT THE PEOPLE ARE RETARDED.

Well this is Australia, haha.

So it is universal!

Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:50 pm 

I've heard of several violent confrontations that involve tearing Obama signs down in my local counties. It is also getting really out of hand with the racial slurs and crusaders for each party.
I don't really want to be caught in the crossfire between the rednecks and minorities on election day. And I really hope no one brings a weapon to the polling places.

spyderman_05
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 pm 

Dechripastocide wrote:
I don't really want to be caught in the crossfire between the rednecks and minorities on election day. And I really hope no one brings a weapon to the polling places.

Ditto. I live in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere and mentioning Obama is like heresy or something. People are talking about how "scared" they are that he'll be president, like he's out to get them because he's black and gaining power. Would hate to see what happens when that kind of racism collides with fired up minorities...

GrimSleaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 pm 

I saw a comedian on TV that had an interesting outlook. Keep a small picture of obama in your wallet or pocket so that when you are in a situation where black people become racist or by you calling them stupid and they automaticaly assume you are being racist as there natural defence mechanism you can reveal your picture of obama and say i voted for your president bitch.

Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:16 pm 

GrimSleaper wrote:
I saw a comedian on TV that had an interesting outlook. Keep a small picture of obama in your wallet or pocket so that when you are in a situation where black people become racist or by you calling them stupid and they automaticaly assume you are being racist as there natural defence mechanism you can reveal your picture of obama and say i voted for your president bitch.

Which comedian said this? It's hilarious. :boo:

GrimSleaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:29 pm 

Just remembered it was Carlos Mencia

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3