Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CrippledLucifer
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am
Posts: 397
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:24 am 
 

I'm seeing NB next week, and I have a couple of questions, for anyone who has seen them live.
The first and obvious one is their setlist. Do they play many songs off of Om, or do they usually prefer their back catalog? How long do they usually play?
Also do they usually sell merchandise (aka shirts), or CDs at their gigs? If so, are they very expensive?

Top
 Profile  
Galaahd
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:02 pm
Posts: 607
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:31 am 
 

CrippledLucifer wrote:
I'm seeing NB next week, and I have a couple of questions, for anyone who has seen them live.
The first and obvious one is their setlist. Do they play many songs off of Om, or do they usually prefer their back catalog? How long do they usually play?
Also do they usually sell merchandise (aka shirts), or CDs at their gigs? If so, are they very expensive?


I don't know about the merchandise, but I can tell you that they will play MANY songs from Om (most part of the show for sure).

Top
 Profile  
Morbid_devil
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:41 am
Posts: 52
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:00 am 
 

They perform almost songs by "Om" and "N'crugu Bradului"...i haven't seen them but it was told to me that they are fantastic live...so good gig! I don't think there will be some merchandise anywhere.

Top
 Profile  
CrippledLucifer
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am
Posts: 397
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:11 am 
 

Morbid_devil wrote:
They perform almost songs by "Om" and "N'crugu Bradului"...i haven't seen them but it was told to me that they are fantastic live...so good gig! I don't think there will be some merchandise anywhere.


Hey thanks, I really can't wait to see them. They are playing in a really small pub in my town, so there will be like 30-40 people and they will be playing right in front of me :)

Top
 Profile  
Morbid_devil
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:41 am
Posts: 52
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:23 am 
 

That's the thing you will like the most...;)

Top
 Profile  
SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:02 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 pm 
 

I'm seeing them November 21st. I can't wait, i heard they were amazing at Wacken. It will probably only take place in front of about 20 people as a) they're unknown here and b) Alestorm are playing the same night (although they are totally different bands)

Top
 Profile  
LordOminous
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:17 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Oosterhout, Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:23 pm 
 

SpiritOfTheForest wrote:
I'm seeing them November 21st. I can't wait, i heard they were amazing at Wacken. It will probably only take place in front of about 20 people as a) they're unknown here and b) Alestorm are playing the same night (although they are totally different bands)


Tell me about it man. Some promoter totally fucked up with that one. If I had the power to do so, I'd cancel our gig that night. So many other places i'd rather be (the negura bunget show being one of them).

But yeah, they're quite the spectacle to see live. How many other bands can boast having a Xylophone player?

Top
 Profile  
Spenot
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 am
Posts: 546
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:23 pm 
 

Ive had the opportunity to see them live :D (not a surprise, considering my country :P). Their playlist is pretty varied, they play mostly from Om, but they perform songs from almost every album, depends mostly on how much time they have (when I saw them they played around an hour). Usually they create a very hypnotic atmosphere, so just lay back, and enjoy the music.
I haven't seen any CDs for sale, but they have shirts on sale and they announced that they will be having a whole new series of shirts on the upcoming gigs (they look awesome)

@ LordOminous: That's really fucked up, I know I would have a real hard time decided to choose to see Negura, or catch you guys :( I hope soon a promoter gets some sense around here, and invites you guys over here.
_________________
War. War never changes...

Top
 Profile  
SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:02 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:56 pm 
 

LordOminous wrote:

Tell me about it man. Some promoter totally fucked up with that one. If I had the power to do so, I'd cancel our gig that night. So many other places i'd rather be (the negura bunget show being one of them).

But yeah, they're quite the spectacle to see live. How many other bands can boast having a Xylophone player?


Yeah it's certainly an unfortunate series of events. Luckily i'll catch Alestorm the night after in Edinburgh though :) (there's actually about 10 of us going haha - that's what happens when you play a drunk group of uni students Nancy The Tavern Wench!)

Top
 Profile  
The_Beholder
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 59
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:21 am 
 

I've just saw them live last night, so I was wandering through the forum to look for a thread where to post how awesome they are live when I found this :D

Do you really want to know the setlist? Don't you prefer to be surprised? Well, when the concert was over it seemed too short for me but now when I am listening to their albums I've realized they played "Om" almost on its entirety, plus just one more song from the other albums... it's the opener so don't worry, you'll know it soon...

As for the merchandise, I bought "'n Crugu Bradului" for 10€ and a t-shirt for 15€. Just look at their myspace page where you can check the designs. One of my friends bought a Fogland CD too, which I am checking now what's about.

I encourage to anyone who has the chance to catch them live to go to their concerts, they are playing lots of dates currently so there's plenty of opportunities to do so. One of the best bands nowadays, and live too. Worth of 250km of driving, a 4-hour sleep and my right ear fucked up by the terrible acoustic of the venue :thumbsup:

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6879
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:24 am 
 

The_Beholder wrote:
I've just saw them live last night, so I was wandering through the forum to look for a thread where to post how awesome they are live when I found this :D

Do you really want to know the setlist? Don't you prefer to be surprised? Well, when the concert was over it seemed too short for me but now when I am listening to their albums I've realized they played "Om" almost on its entirety, plus just one more song from the other albums... it's the opener so don't worry, you'll know it soon...

As for the merchandise, I bought "'n Crugu Bradului" for 10€ and a t-shirt for 15€. Just look at their myspace page where you can check the designs. One of my friends bought a Fogland CD too, which I am checking now what's about.


I encourage to anyone who has the chance to catch them live to go to their concerts, they are playing lots of dates currently so there's plenty of opportunities to do so. One of the best bands nowadays, and live too. Worth of 250km of driving, a 4-hour sleep and my right ear fucked up by the terrible acoustic of the venue :thumbsup:





I was supposed to be in Madrid for that show, but my plans got cancelled for it a month and half ago. I don't think they're gonna be playing the States but I hope they do.

Top
 Profile  
The_Beholder
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 59
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 am 
 

marktheviktor wrote:
The_Beholder wrote:
I've just saw them live last night, so I was wandering through the forum to look for a thread where to post how awesome they are live when I found this :D

Do you really want to know the setlist? Don't you prefer to be surprised? Well, when the concert was over it seemed too short for me but now when I am listening to their albums I've realized they played "Om" almost on its entirety, plus just one more song from the other albums... it's the opener so don't worry, you'll know it soon...

As for the merchandise, I bought "'n Crugu Bradului" for 10€ and a t-shirt for 15€. Just look at their myspace page where you can check the designs. One of my friends bought a Fogland CD too, which I am checking now what's about.

I encourage to anyone who has the chance to catch them live to go to their concerts, they are playing lots of dates currently so there's plenty of opportunities to do so. One of the best bands nowadays, and live too. Worth of 250km of driving, a 4-hour sleep and my right ear fucked up by the terrible acoustic of the venue :thumbsup:


I was supposed to be in Madrid for that show, but my plans got cancelled for it a month and half ago. I don't think they're gonna be playing the States but I hope they do.


Why not? I've never expected to see Wolves in the Throne Room and it seems they are coming to Europe early next year... so you'll never know really...

Top
 Profile  
Ulflesh
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Posts: 269
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:39 am 
 

negura is fantastic on stage.
i saw them for 7-8 times here in my country and they have a very complex show with such great dark atmosphere combined with varied folk instruments.
they ussualy play songs from their last album (mainly cunoasterea tacuta, tesarul de lumini and hora soarelui).
they also do some tracks from n'crugu bradului (II or III) and maiastru sfetnic (al locului or bruiestru).
negura haven't played songs from the first 2 releases for quite some time.


Last edited by Ulflesh on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6879
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:40 am 
 

The_Beholder wrote:
marktheviktor wrote:
The_Beholder wrote:
I've just saw them live last night, so I was wandering through the forum to look for a thread where to post how awesome they are live when I found this :D

Do you really want to know the setlist? Don't you prefer to be surprised? Well, when the concert was over it seemed too short for me but now when I am listening to their albums I've realized they played "Om" almost on its entirety, plus just one more song from the other albums... it's the opener so don't worry, you'll know it soon...

As for the merchandise, I bought "'n Crugu Bradului" for 10€ and a t-shirt for 15€. Just look at their myspace page where you can check the designs. One of my friends bought a Fogland CD too, which I am checking now what's about.

I encourage to anyone who has the chance to catch them live to go to their concerts, they are playing lots of dates currently so there's plenty of opportunities to do so. One of the best bands nowadays, and live too. Worth of 250km of driving, a 4-hour sleep and my right ear fucked up by the terrible acoustic of the venue :thumbsup:


I was supposed to be in Madrid for that show, but my plans got cancelled for it a month and half ago. I don't think they're gonna be playing the States but I hope they do.


Why not? I've never expected to see Wolves in the Throne Room and it seems they are coming to Europe early next year... so you'll never know really...


Oh believe me, I would love to see Negura play out here. And as for Wolves In The... well I could take it or leave it. Give me Negura anyday over them.

Top
 Profile  
Suechtler
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 2:41 pm
Posts: 446
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:55 am 
 

Nedura Bunget are one of the best bands I've seen live, they manage to create a really thick atmosphere that totally sucks you in, I wouldn't have thought that thst was possible before I saw them live for the first time.
They will mostly play songs off Om, Inarborat is so awesome live for example.

When I saw them on their tour in spring they played for about 75 minutes and they were selling shirts, hoodies and their trilogy boxset, containing their releases up to n'Crugu Bradului.

Top
 Profile  
polytoximaniac
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:30 am
Posts: 138
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:15 am 
 

Yep, got an "'N Crugu Bradului" shirt and their trilogy Boxset when I first saw them, which still remains as one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Saw them twice more and they never disappoint, so you'll have a blast for sure.
Unfortunately I won't be able to catch them again this Sunday as there are way more gigs than I can afford to go to this period :/

Top
 Profile  
CrippledLucifer
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am
Posts: 397
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:51 am 
 

Fuck, finally they cancelled on the last damn second! :( :fuck: :durr: :brick:
The promoter didn't show up so the three groups (them + Kathaarsys, which I was hoping to see also, + In Element) were left without proper equipment and couldn't play.
It really was a blow, I was really hoping to see Negura live, and I was counting the days since I first knew about this gig.
I hope they will remember us in their next tour...

At least I got to buy Om, a Maiastru Sfetnic hoodie and the last In Element cd, and I shared my frustration with some really cool people I met there, while having a compensation beer :)

Top
 Profile  
The_Beholder
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 59
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:39 pm 
 

CrippledLucifer wrote:
Fuck, finally they cancelled on the last damn second! :( :fuck: :durr: :brick:
The promoter didn't show up so the three groups (them + Kathaarsys, which I was hoping to see also, + In Element) were left without proper equipment and couldn't play.
It really was a blow, I was really hoping to see Negura live, and I was counting the days since I first knew about this gig.
I hope they will remember us in their next tour...

At least I got to buy Om, a Maiastru Sfetnic hoodie and the last In Element cd, and I shared my frustration with some really cool people I met there, while having a compensation beer :)

Tremenda putada! Someone needs his legs to get broken I guess... What a motherfucker...

Well, really sad to know, but there's still two dates left on the Spanish part of the tour... Bilbao and Soria maybe? So if you've got the chance to travel don't miss it! What else better than going to Soria with all the snowing? :D

Top
 Profile  
Craggzy
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 364
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:03 pm 
 

I saw nwgura live in february with wodensthrone it was fucking great

Top
 Profile  
Galaahd
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:02 pm
Posts: 607
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:08 pm 
 

Hey, I read that french and spanish governments are considering cancelling Negura Bunget gigs because of nazi propaganda.

Here's the article (in italian):

http://www.truemetal.it/modules.php?nam ... =0&thold=0

EDIT: this one is in english:
http://www.metalz.info/Metal-News/negur ... pathizers/

Top
 Profile  
Ubojica
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:09 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:11 pm 
 

I have actually seen Negura just two weeks ago and I can say they are ok live, nothing special but ok I guess. I liked that big horn dude was blowing at, it created pretty good black metal atmosphere. I can`t tell you much about the set list but i did recognize some songs from Om which makes seance because it is their last album.They brought quite a lot of merch with them so i picked up Om for about 10 €, not bad. I hope you will have fun at the concert!
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
CrippledLucifer
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am
Posts: 397
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:30 pm 
 

Galaahd wrote:
Hey, I read that french and spanish governments are considering cancelling Negura Bunget gigs because of nazi propaganda.

Here's the article (in italian):

http://www.truemetal.it/modules.php?nam ... =0&thold=0

EDIT: this one is in english:
http://www.metalz.info/Metal-News/negur ... pathizers/


Man, that's some fucking bullshit. I wonder who told that to the police, and where did he get that from.

Top
 Profile  
Noier
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 15
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 pm 
 

CrippledLucifer wrote:
Galaahd wrote:
Hey, I read that french and spanish governments are considering cancelling Negura Bunget gigs because of nazi propaganda.

Here's the article (in italian):

http://www.truemetal.it/modules.php?nam ... =0&thold=0

EDIT: this one is in english:
http://www.metalz.info/Metal-News/negur ... pathizers/


Man, that's some fucking bullshit. I wonder who told that to the police, and where did he get that from.


Quote:
NEGURA BUNGET's European tour is reportedly in danger of being cancelled after several petitions made their way to the Spanish and French police in which the Romanian black metal band was accused of promoting Nazist and ultranationalist ideas.

Emiliano Lanzoni, the manager of NEGURA BUNGET's record company Aural Music, said in a statement, "We've been informed that Spanish and French police are investigating NEGURA BUNGET's European tour and that there are rumors about cancelling shows because the band is suspected of being Nazi sympathizers or ultranationalists... Well, this is ridiculous. We signed NEGURA BUNGET in 2000, we know the guys in the band quite well after 8 years of positive collaboration, and everyone who has had a chance to meet the band during their tours knows that NEGURA BUNGET is probably the most humble, talented, down to earth and friendly band in the whole black metal scene, where 90% of the black metal bands speaks about violence, hate, satan or whatever is 'evil' or 'wrong. NEGURA BUNGET stands for humanity, nature and emotions. There is NOTHING in their music and lyrics about Nazism or fascism; they NEVER supported such organizations. There's an official statement about this in their website that is online since maybe 2002 and I really can't imagine how police can be so wrong."


I wonder that too. But just look, a bad publicity is always a publicity.
_________________
http://phorum.surrealm.net/
An ugly blog: http://metaldoinferno.blogspot.com/

Top
 Profile  
The_Beholder
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 59
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:42 am 
 

Sounds like a fools' day joke, but if the spanish police is involved, everything is possible. So damn surrealistic...

Anyway, cancelling of Gijón's gig was the promoter's lack of competence, and had nothing to do with this.

Top
 Profile  
The_Beholder
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 59
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:38 am 
 

http://www.lastfm.es/event/726599

Wow, looks like it's serious. What a piece of bullshit.

Top
 Profile  
Negru_Voda
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:37 pm
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:08 am 
 

Goddamn that's stupid. I can't think of a single thing in Negura's music that would suggest nazism or even nationalism; yes, there are some "traditional" elements, but they're very, very loose. Meanwhile Hendrik Moebus is out of prison and Absurd gets to tour.

Top
 Profile  
Spenot
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 am
Posts: 546
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:23 am 
 

Here's the official statement from them on the accusations:
Quote:
It seems some rumors in the Black Metal Scene accuse us of being a NS or Nazi band. This is not a statement to contradict or admit what no one dared to say in our face. This is just a personal statement on Negură Bunget creed.

Our sole constant interest since the beginning of our musical involvement in Black Metal was to create through our music that total experience, magically unifying music, philosophy, spirituality into a personal experience transgressing the limits of contingency, changing listener’s perception and offering a new cultural and esoteric vision... to those ready to access it.

We see the Black Metal we’re into as chance, as an opportunity for our personal spiritual evolution as individuals, with the final goal of alchemizing the soul.

Negură Bunget’s message is of course delivered in an extreme “package”, but not one promoting extremism (in any of its consecrated more or less forms). In stead we see our discourse persevering severity, seriousness and balance, with the music and ideology closely respecting and reflecting that.

Judging our constant interest into our lands history and spirituality as a political move is a prove of narrow-mind ness and constitutes an insult for us as a band. The place we aim to claim cannot be achieved by such “easy” means, but by hard personal spiritual evolution. No member of Negură Bunget is or was at any time involved in any kind of political associations.


Also, they said that the shows will be held, no need to worry.
_________________
War. War never changes...

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ancient_Sorrow, FlynnEatsBreakfast, Metal Shark, Thexhumed, Waltz_of_Ghouls and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group