Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:38 pm 

Taken from Blabbermouth:

Quote:
German thrashers KREATOR will release their new album, "Hordes Of Chaos", in Europe on January 19, 2009 via SPV Records (except in Germany, where it will be issued on January 16). The CD will arrive in the U.S. on January 13.

The new album will be available in three different versions. The jewel case edition includes the ten regular album songs, and the deluxe version features an additional bonus DVD with an atmospheric making-of in super-8 quality courtesy of a Berlin filmmaker. As a third option, the ultra-deluxe version comes with a t-shirt, a worthwhile photo book and an extended version of the bonus DVD, as well as the CD.

"Hordes Of Chaos" track listing:

01. Hordes Of Chaos (A Necrologue For The Elite)
02. Warcurse
03. Escalation
04. Amok Run
05. Destroy What Destroys You
06. Radical Resistance
07. Absolute Misanthropy
08. To The Afterborn
09. Corpses Of Liberty
10. Demon Prince

According to a press release, "Hordes Of Chaos" is "a powerhouse featuring rigorous thrash attacks and KREATOR's familiarly intelligent lyrics about self-determination and the dangers of contemporary war propaganda."

I'm personally looking forward to this. While their mid-era albums sucked, Violent Revolution and Enemy of God are some good thrash. What do you guys think?

caspian wrote:
mercyfulsatyr: easily the most humble man on the board.

My reviews.

PlagueRages
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:41 pm 

Excellent, can't wait! I enjoyed Enemy Of God so I'm looking forward to this album.

Unholy_Asar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:45 pm 

I hated Enemy Of God and will probably hate this also. Since when is later era Kreator material not terrible?

I'm thinking this will be little different from the rest of this band's recent bullshit.
True Black Metal is NOT kind of Metal, that is a complete independent music so Nazhand believes "the name of music which is called Black Metal nowadays, should be changed to Blackness music and shameful name of Metal should be cut out from our music".

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:45 pm 

Alright! I love Kreator, one of my favorite thrash bands! Can't wait to hear this one...Should probably pick it up with another shirt too.
Hehe, foreskins.

Sinvocation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm 

No sure what to expect. Hopefully it'll be in the vein same vein as Enemy, but I doubt it'll come anywhere close to any of the first five.

Cool song titles, though, so I'll be optimistic.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:14 pm 

Haven't really been able to get into the later era stuff at all. I do love how they made sure to state that the photo book is "worthwhile" and not just some fucking flipbook with dicks drawn in it...

edit: Well, god damn, the song titles are great. I don't want to get my hopes up though, so until I hear samples I'm pretending every song is called Rainbow 1-10.

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:21 pm 

Cover art:

I don't really know what to think of it. By the way, what's with Kreator using a lot of heads as cover art? (Coma of Souls, Violent Revolution, Enemy of God...)

caspian wrote:

My reviews.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:23 pm 

MercyfulSatyr wrote:
Cover art:

I don't really know what to think of it. By the way, what's with Kreator using a lot of heads as cover art? (Coma of Souls, Violent Revolution, Enemy of God...)

Yeah, I know right? Why does Megadeth use Vic Rattlehead? I mean... what does it even mean. So gay.

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:25 pm 

I understand it's a theme. I'm just wondering where they came up with it.

caspian wrote:

My reviews.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:25 pm 

Okay, so that cover cancels out the implied awesomeness that the song names had built. Back to square one.

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:27 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Okay, so that cover cancels out the implied awesomeness that the song names had built. Back to square one.

Yeah, I just saw that for the first time via a mention in the S & C forum. I'm still looking forward to it, though. I mean, there are some terrible covers from great albums (Sabbath, anyone?).

caspian wrote:

My reviews.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:30 pm 

Jonpo wrote:

I hope you know you sound like a total idiot right now.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:32 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

Because good song titles made me hopeful, and an awful cover made me less excited? Just some empty speculation to pass the time until I get off work.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:35 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

Because good song titles made me hopeful, and an awful cover made me less excited? Just some empty speculation to pass the time until I get off work.

How about you wait until you hear some of the music to pass judgment? Doing so just on the song titles and cover art is a bit, excuse my eloquence, retarded.

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:35 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Jonpo wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

How about you wait until you hear some of the music to pass judgment? Doing so just on the song titles and cover art is a bit, excuse my eloquence, retarded.

Exactly the point I made in my last post.

caspian wrote:

My reviews.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:37 pm 

The cover is basically the Enemy of God one but just slightly redrawn. :lol:

But I'll check it out. I have a soft spot for latter-day Kreator.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:45 pm 

I still think Violent Revolution and M-16 are two of the greatest latter day thrash masterpieces. I love both of those albums.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:48 pm 

Unholy_Asar wrote:
I hated Enemy Of God and will probably hate this also. Since when is later era Kreator material not terrible?

I'm thinking this will be little different from the rest of this band's recent bullshit.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

HeavyMetalSteve
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:49 pm 

I'm looking forward to this because I love Kreator but I'm a little worried because I read the blog on their myspace page, apparently the producer/engineer/whatever you want to call him that works with shitknot engineered this album. Personally I loved Violent Revolution and Enemy of God so I'm still looking forward to this despite the choice in engineers.

I don't want to derail this thread at all but I'm just curious why so many people hate Kreator's recent material? I know Violent Revolution and Enemy of God are far cries from Endless Pain and Pleasure to Kill but I don't see why they're bad, to me they are just different.

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:56 pm 

Cool song titles, and the cover art doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother some other people. We'll just have to wait and see what is brought to the table this time around.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:10 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:

You don't have to be excused, it would be obscenely retarded to judge an album by the song titles and cover art. The problem is I don't have any music to listen to as of yet. It's just inane speculation, at this point. I'm not over here with a silly wig banging a gavel, I promise I haven't jumped to any foregone conclusions about the album. I basically just used way to many words in trying to iterate that I A) Love the song titles B) Hate the cover.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:22 pm 

Indeed, what's so retarded about setting expectations about the album? Jonpo wasn't judging it.

Anyway, I'm not looking forward to this.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 pm 

Kruel wrote:
Indeed, what's so retarded about setting expectations about the album?

That's how people get disappointed, unfortunately.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:32 pm 

Well, in this case he isn't really expecting anything. And why shouldn't we get disappointed anyway?

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:42 pm 

I'll be looking forward to this. I've only been disappointed with 3 of Kreator's early material (maybe 2, can't remember). Violent Revolution was an amazing return to form.. and Enemy of God continued that tradition and I liked it. I'm looking forward to this.

Hails to Kreator, thrash gods! :metal:

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:01 pm 

Kruel wrote:
Well, in this case he isn't really expecting anything. And why shouldn't we get disappointed anyway?

Why would you want to be disappointed? Honestly?

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:08 pm 

Do I want to? No. But is it something we can control all the time? No. Expectations are largely set subconsciouslyl; in this case, Jonpo probably didn't scientifically measure the awesomeness of the song titles and subtract the value of the suckage of the album cover using precise mathematics. He just saw those things and posted as he felt (and I must add that I highly doubt that his expectations are mostly based on the song titles and album art - the quality of Kreator's past material and the overall circumstance probably has more to do with it for pretty much anybody here). Besides, are you saying that we should lower our standards to the ground (if that's somehow possible at all) so that we wouldn't be disappointed at all?

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:29 pm 

Kruel wrote:
Do I want to? No. But is it something we can control all the time? No. Expectations are largely set subconsciouslyl; in this case, Jonpo probably didn't scientifically measure the awesomeness of the song titles and subtract the value of the suckage of the album cover using precise mathematics. He just saw those things and posted as he felt (and I must add that I highly doubt that his expectations are mostly based on the song titles and album art - the quality of Kreator's past material and the overall circumstance probably has more to do with it for pretty much anybody here). Besides, are you saying that we should lower our standards to the ground (if that's somehow possible at all) so that we wouldn't be disappointed at all?

Don't set standards or expectations for anything. That way when they are exceeded you are pleasantly surprised, but when it fails you're not overly shocked.

Primemattimus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:30 pm 

+1 Love Kreator, very stoked.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:31 pm 

So "ideally" there wouldn't be any negative reviews or any negative sentiments toward any music?

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:47 pm 

Kruel wrote:
So "ideally" there wouldn't be any negative reviews or any negative sentiments toward any music?

Not at all. There can still be negative views of it, but people's reviews are often too influenced by getting their hopes high on something. You can still easily rate something badly, just don't get your hopes up ridiculously high for it - you'll end up hating it more than you would have.
Hehe, foreskins.

carburetor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 pm 

I shall have this, but I`m tired of mille and his views on things.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:55 pm 

Crick wrote:
Kruel wrote:

Not at all. There can still be negative views of it, but people's reviews are often too influenced by getting their hopes high on something. You can still easily rate something badly, just don't get your hopes up ridiculously high for it - you'll end up hating it more than you would have.
Well, in this case it's not very relevant because pretty much nobody, fans or detractors of new Kreator alike, isn't expecting another Pleasure to Kill.

But anyway, as I've said before, expectation is largely set up by the subconscious department. If the band released a good album and is releasing another album the next year, the expectation is naturally going to be high, and for a band like Kreator the expectation is going to be low (well, at least for me). You can't help it. What we can do is analyze the presented evidence, not changing our standards without any basis.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:26 pm 

I might check it out when it's released. It won't be anywhere the top of my priority list though.

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:17 am 

can't wait for it! and I'm going see them in Milan too for the tour to support this album!

trueMunchies
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:48 am 

I hated Enemy of God, it sounded like Arch Enemy :/ Violent Revolution was legit though.

fragpirate
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:12 am 

MercyfulSatyr wrote:
Taken from Blabbermouth:

Quote:
German thrashers KREATOR will release their new album, "Hordes Of Chaos", in Europe on January 19, 2009 via SPV Records (except in Germany, where it will be issued on January 16). The CD will arrive in the U.S. on January 13.

The new album will be available in three different versions. The jewel case edition includes the ten regular album songs, and the deluxe version features an additional bonus DVD with an atmospheric making-of in super-8 quality courtesy of a Berlin filmmaker. As a third option, the ultra-deluxe version comes with a t-shirt, a worthwhile photo book and an extended version of the bonus DVD, as well as the CD.

"Hordes Of Chaos" track listing:

01. Hordes Of Chaos (A Necrologue For The Elite)
02. Warcurse
03. Escalation
04. Amok Run
05. Destroy What Destroys You
06. Radical Resistance
07. Absolute Misanthropy
08. To The Afterborn
09. Corpses Of Liberty
10. Demon Prince

According to a press release, "Hordes Of Chaos" is "a powerhouse featuring rigorous thrash attacks and KREATOR's familiarly intelligent lyrics about self-determination and the dangers of contemporary war propaganda."

I'm personally looking forward to this. While their mid-era albums sucked, Violent Revolution and Enemy of God are some good thrash. What do you guys think?

i think your fucking insane, enema of god was shit.

~Guest 135210
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:23 am 

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8 wrote:
can't wait for it! and I'm going see them in Milan too for the tour to support this album!

I saw Kreator twice the last two years, I think that I will pass this time :D

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:20 am 

Galaahd wrote:
CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8 wrote:

I saw Kreator twice the last two years, I think that I will pass this time :D

I'll let you off but just for this time :-P
last year they were great and in more or less one hour they concentrated everything in power and aggression. It was one of the greatest thrash metal concerts ever for me.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 pm 

The album will probably be too slow!

Edit: TO elaborate a bit, the band seems to get stuck in a rut whenever they're not playing at Mach 10 .. at least, that's always been my impression of them, and in fact a good many other thrash bands. What can I say, I like "Pleasure to Kill" best of all, and find that thrash bands who slow down tend to write one-dimensional, chugging riffs that are the epitome of boredom. in Kreator's case, they've offset this with tendencies that aren't far off from some of today's popular "melodic death metal" bands. They're still fun live, but again, I wish they'd concentrate more on the faster material. That recently released live in Poland thing is bloody incredible in so many ways and I wish the gig I'd been to see had been like that.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next