Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
6meta66
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:14 am 

I'm not really new to guitar, but i'm really still learning so I have a few questions:
Tremolo:
I can do tremolo at normal speed (that's probably slow in a view of everybody else - I dunno...). Usually I get this problem of not keeping speed when going fast(but I can at least play an intro or a page keeping up) - but i'm really fast at going down...
1. I presume this will go away if I train?
2. How much time did it take you to learn it completely?
Buying a guitar:
I'm buying a used, old guitar - its great it has everything necesarry... its price is 125 eur...
1. Can i get a guitar on a lower price (standard metal guitar with everything needed without or with amp)?
Program:
My Guitar Pro isn't working properly, its not playing sound. First it was ok, but it stopped working, just like that!!
1. Did you have Guitar Pro and noticed the same problem?
2. Do you know how to fix this
3. Do you know any other programs like that?

Thanks for anwsering and your time to read all this:P!

renegade498
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:49 pm 

playing to a click (metronome) should help your tremolo picking, start slow though, go for consistency and duration.

And my Power/Prog solo project, Event Horizon.
www.myspace.com/eventhorizon01

6meta66
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:42 am 

renegade498 wrote:
playing to a click (metronome) should help your tremolo picking, start slow though, go for consistency and duration.

How slow should I start like 50 70 80 or less?

grotesqueartistry
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:15 pm 

1. Ok first off, what is normal speed? Second, to increase picking endurance and any endurance in general, practicing slowly will help. I suggest not just going slow and then fast. Stick to slower speeds a lot. I guess find your maximum speed (without losing form) and do about half - 1/4 less than that speed. I dunno you can figure out what is slow to you. In order to get tremolo picking faster you will need to increase speed, but practicing slowly is much more for endurance and strength.

2. Well for a good five years or so, i never took lessons and so i learned 100% incorrectly. Lessons didnt tell me how to pick but i figured it out and applied it on my own. So since then its been a good 8-9 months to get down really well

For guitar pro, you might have deleted something by accident. Id say just try to reinstall it. Only other program i know thats like it is power tabs

hope this helps!

6meta66
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:22 pm 

grotesqueartistry wrote:
1. Ok first off, what is normal speed? Second, to increase picking endurance and any endurance in general, practicing slowly will help. I suggest not just going slow and then fast. Stick to slower speeds a lot. I guess find your maximum speed (without losing form) and do about half - 1/4 less than that speed. I dunno you can figure out what is slow to you. In order to get tremolo picking faster you will need to increase speed, but practicing slowly is much more for endurance and strength.

2. Well for a good five years or so, i never took lessons and so i learned 100% incorrectly. Lessons didnt tell me how to pick but i figured it out and applied it on my own. So since then its been a good 8-9 months to get down really well

For guitar pro, you might have deleted something by accident. Id say just try to reinstall it. Only other program i know thats like it is power tabs

hope this helps!

Thx, It helps

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.