Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Alexandre Guudrath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:41 am 

Hailz Blackmetalheads !

I am proud to announce the upcoming release of the first Black Metal Anthology as a book (written in French - if labels / publishers want to translate, contact me!)

In Girum Imus Nocte And Consumimur Igni - an Black Metal Anthology (Venom to the present) released April 15, 2012 in Camion Blanc (http://www.camionblanc.com/)!
The book is divided into several parts:
- A large FAQ, didactic, which clarifies the borders of Black Metal, to give meaning to Black Metal music genre and meaning to the assumptions of the author.
- A section devoted to the 80s, which are the breeding ground of Black Metal.
- Another section devoted to the 90s, when the Black Metal explores its borders and imposes its early classics
- Followed by another dedicated to the 2000s when the genre became more radical !
- Finally, the "Wonders & Demons", which bring together all disks traceable to Black Metal but away from it at the same time! It contains pure masterpieces, as incongruities, the Black album which are not, etc. ...
- Then an interview with legendary French label (surprise !), followed by some chronic compilations cults!
WARNING! An old artist of international renown Black will preface the Anthology!! a popular group and speaks little ordinary!

Everything is about 700 pages!

Author: Alexander GUUDRATH

The oldest know me as one who was the driving force Darkmag.net, french extreme metal webzine disappeared in 2008 after 10 years of existence...
Maybe the "youngers" I have found on Nightfall in Metal Earth or La Voix des Ombres (http://lavoixdesombres.canalblog.com/).
I also wrote for fanzines since 1997, and I created with Nirnaeth, the association Le Chant du Bouc on Lille.

Alexandre Guudrath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:23 pm 

Hailz !
The anthology of black metal will be released in two volumes.
The first volume in April.
The second in May.
Two major leaders in France, well known to collaborate prefaces the book.

I always look for serious publishers who would like to translate this anthology in English.

This is to confirm, but I'll write a book about Blut aus Nord with Vindsval.

Alexandre Guudrath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 am 

The two volumes of the Anthologie du Black Metal are on Amazon and Camion Blanc website !

ProlificDreamer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 pm 

Firstly, I apologise for bringing up a ten month old post. However, there's a lack of information on Google, and I'm hoping the author of this post has email notifications.

My question is, is there a list (excluding the one at the front of the books) online of all the albums you've wrote about?

I had a brief read during my time in France, however I'm not a fluent French speaker so purchasing the books was not really an option, and within the book there was many bands who I have not had the pleasure of listening to. The list being far too big to remember, I was hoping either the books have since been published in English (which I can't seem to find), or if you could list all the albums you wrote about?

If any French speaker happens to read this, I recommend it, especially if you're interested in the history and evolution of black metal. It truly has it all.

Alexandre Guudrath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:55 am 

Good afternoon. I see your answer now.
I did not put the list of groups on the Internet. M,, ais I would like to go on each page of my book group concerned on Metal-Archives, to indicate which album I selected.
If I was building a list, my books would lose their interest.

I am currently writing an anthology of French black metal ..
I then write two large anthologies. The one on the Scandinavian black metal, and the other German black metal.

Happy reading!

ProlificDreamer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:19 am 

Any word on any being published in English?

There's a shame there's no list, but I understand your reasons.

Good luck with the next releases.

Reply to topic