Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Red_Beard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 pm 

Sleeping Peonies “Rose curl, Sea swirl“ out now.

Taken from the site:
"Rose curl, Sea swirl" is both the debut of Norfolk English band Sleeping Peonies and the first label release for Khrysanthoney. This pro duplicated/printed CDR is a 7 track demo featuring Sleeping Peonies' unique style of bass heavy black metal and gently flowing dreampop rythms. Dark, tranquil and utterly dreamy, "Rose curl, Sea Swirl" is a sugary treat for lovers of groups as diverse as Alcest, Velvet Cacoon and Cocteau Twins. 100 copies of this CD were printed.

Tracklisting:
1. Sugary bergerets
2. Lighthouse alight, stars aligned
3. Dreamy duskywings
4. Mist and sea spray, mermaids singing far away
5. The piers are ghosts
6. Frost, sparkling
7. Deer attacking hunter

Samples:
http://www.divshare.com/download/11356473-661
http://www.divshare.com/download/11356474-ad2
http://www.divshare.com/download/11356475-b06

For more information:
www.khrysanthoney.com

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:49 am 

Very interesting stuff. Have you tried adding them to the Archives yet?

Red_Beard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:08 pm 

Snowgrave wrote:

No, but given the recent submission criteria re-invented by MA mods they'd consider this "not metal enough" because it doesn't make allusions to goats and nuclear genocide.

SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:14 am 

Red_Beard wrote:
Snowgrave wrote:

No, but given the recent submission criteria re-invented by MA mods they'd consider this "not metal enough" because it doesn't make allusions to goats and nuclear genocide.

I apologize that the band with a song called 'Dreamy Duskywings' doesn't have a place on MA. I tried adding Cocteau Twins the other day but the lack of blast beats precluded entry.

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

Red_Beard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:06 pm 

SharpAndSlender wrote:
Red_Beard wrote:
Snowgrave wrote:

I apologize that the band with a song called 'Dreamy Duskywings' doesn't have a place on MA. I tried adding Cocteau Twins the other day but the lack of blast beats precluded entry.

Brilliant logic! You sound like a gore/death metal nerd from the east coast with a 60 IQ and a band that nobody cares about.

Do you believe in radioactive zombies too?

teruist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:33 pm 

Red_Beard wrote:
SharpAndSlender wrote:
Red_Beard wrote:
Snowgrave wrote:

Brilliant logic! You sound like a gore/death metal nerd from the east coast with a 60 IQ and a band that nobody cares about.

oh god, look at his band's myspace.

"it sounds pretty sick and crunk and occasionally thug."

im not sure if i should laugh or cry. im sorta doing both.

on topic though, Sleeping Peonies is a great band. i plan to pick up their CD in the next day or so.

SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:03 pm 

Red_Beard wrote:
SharpAndSlender wrote:
Red_Beard wrote:
Snowgrave wrote:

I know, the belief that heavy metal music should sound remotely related to heavy metal to qualify for an entry in an encyclopedia whose stated goal is to record heavy metal bands is clearly indicative of massive ignorance. Were it only that I could open my mind as much as yours, I would be a much happier and better person in general.

teruist wrote:
on topic though, Sleeping Peonies is a great band. i plan to pick up their CD in the next day or so.

Frost isn't going to be your friend after I tell him about this.

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

Red_Beard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:26 pm 

SharpAndSlender wrote:
I know, the belief that heavy metal music should sound remotely related to heavy metal to qualify for an entry in an encyclopedia whose stated goal is to record heavy metal bands is clearly indicative of massive ignorance. Were it only that I could open my mind as much as yours, I would be a much happier and better person in general.

You sing about radioactive zombies and describe your music as "thug". I doubt you'd be able to muster enough brain power to do anything with your mind but play in a worthless shitty gore-death metal band from Florida.

Go jump into the nearest river infested with alligators. Thanks.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.