Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
fengarm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:18 pm 

I looked up all 2,3K North-European bands with the "thrash" genre tag on the MA to create the most thorough playlist of Nordic and Baltic thrash. More than 1,1K songs by 450+ artists made the cut the first time.

I'll continue making improvements and keeping an eye our for new releases so FOLLOW FOR MORE!

Join the discussion in the identically titled Facebook group HERE!

Last edited by fengarm on Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
fengarm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:05 am 

I guess I'll start updating the topic every once in a while when a stellar album in the scene drops or when I've added a significant amount of individual songs.

Yesterday saw the release of the amazing debut album Altered Realities by the Norwegian death-thrashers Sovereign, released via Dark Descent Records. I found the music to be great to the extent that I added most of the songs to the Nordic & Baltic Thrash Metal Forces playlist.

fengarm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:52 am 

Another noteworthy thrash album by the Swedish band Xion has been released on January 19th. Added a few songs to the Nordic & Baltic Thrash Metal Forces playlist. I've been listening to the list in the past few days and adding more songs by standout bands, as well as swapping some questionable tracks for better ones if I felt that the initial choice was not that great. There are also two songs by Darkthrone in the list now, as the album "The Underground Resistance" is quite thrashy indeed. If you know about any other bands that lack the "thrash" tag in MA, but have great songs that could be categorized as such then by all means, let me know (but no groove metal or metalcore please). Sort by newest first to find anything that has been added in the past couple of days. Also, hooray – the landmark of a 100 playlist followers has already been surpassed and it's steadily rising!

Reply to topic