Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dewarpr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:53 am 

London Ontario based doom band YETI ON HORSEBACK are pleased to announce that they have signed with Medusa Crush Recordings. The album, which is titled The Great Dying has been highly anticipated by the doom community. Despite the fact that the band has only released two singles, they have managed to garner critical acclaim and mentions at esteemed metal publications such as No Clean Singing, Doomed and Stoned, Full Metal Hipster and Toilet ov Hell. The band has also managed to sell out local shows and has even won the prestigious Jack Richardson Music Award.

Medusa Crush founder Mathieu Sankeralli commented about the signing

"It is truly an absolute blast to have this local tour-de-force releasing their debut with Medusa Crush Recordings. They had my ear with obscure singles over the years and I wondered when their first full outing was due; well I guess that was due with us! The sheer doomsday crunch they pack is further intensified by the wall of sonic wail the vocals provide, and with the visuals of Jeremy Famir enveloping the release, things are all too abundantly and horribly clear. This is down-to-business heavy that people in the know will agree, should be spread like wildfire in the coming months to years ahead. Big things on the horizon for these lads, if they want it, I do believe they'll be taking it!

Take heed... skies of black and red shall become the norm."

Vocalist/Guitarist Ryan Pelkey further commented: "We are happy to have partnered with a man who is part of a dying breed. A lifelong metalhead whose ears steer him towards only the most sincere in heavy music. Music should be created and produced with passion and with Medusa Crush Recordings we have that in spades . Our family grows… as we die."

Further details about The Great Dying will be revealed soon. In the meantime, you can listen to the track "Dragged Down to Hell" at this location: https://yetionhorseback.bandcamp.com/tr ... wn-to-hell

Reply to topic